38 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Changes for the second season?
Reduce the length of seasons to a single month
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Limit the number of games you can take credit for
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Changes to the scoring system (detail below)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Other (detail below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The rules are just fine
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Elves? I always thought EMU is some kind of pie
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Warmduscher

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

After the first season has run it's course, I want to poll you about some changes that were proposed to me.

Last edited by Warmduscher on %b %01, %2006 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the biggest thing missing is opponents. If there is some secret stash of Elf coaches that actually enjoy the competition, even if it's a bit bashy, there ought to be a list made of those coaches, cuz I can't find them. Surprised)

Buncha sissy, pointy-toed shoe wearin' sassafras.....*mumble* *mumble*
nin

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Check the link in my signature, playing EMU is worth double points for the ELF tournament... you sweet ones Razz
IRSWalker

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought, but what about keeping separate score tables for Ranked and Unranked? For instance, it's a lot harder to get games in Ranked, and yet these kills should surely be more highly prized, as they make the entire world a better place.

In Unranked, you can join tournaments, so the poor little pointy-eared bloodstains-to-be can't avoid you.

Also, drop the points for winning/losing games. What's more important, beating elves, or beating elves UP? Smile

I don't think you should limit the number of games that count - the body count is the key here, but you could offer bonuses for certain acheivements (for instance, completing an "elfbow", or a kill from each of Dark Elf, Elf, High Elf and Wood Elf teams) to encourage diversity, or best Amazon, Halfling, Ogre, etc. team awards.

Anyway, I can't wait to join in next season, and I look forward to winning the best Amazon team award. Two MB and counting......
Skulll

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, drop the points for winning and losing. And TDs too. Only casualties should count. Its MANGLING after all...
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Reducing the length of seasons is key. Some people lose interest over time. Keep it short and involved.

Something I have said before and will always maintain. The ENTIRE scoring system of ANY 'MU' is inherently flawed and inevitably leads to most players losing interest. Why? They will favor those coaches with the most time to sink into games 99% of the time. You can have great (100 point) games 5 times in a row - clearly an Elf-Mangler to be respected...but you'll lose out if you only have time for those 5 games, as the other coach who plays 30 (25 point) games blows past you in points. As the season progresses and the 'busiest' coaches pull out of reach, everyone else tends to forget it as they no longer have any chance to place.

Sure, maybe there is some 'logic' in rewarding the coach who has managed to squeeze the elfs the most often...but if you want to follow that reasoning you'll have to get used to people losing interest and the EMU becoming an organization favored by only a few coaches over the long term.

I would suggest you take my advice. For Season rankings each coach takes 5 (or so) games. His top 3 and bottom 2 points get added together for his Season total. This gives coaches with less time for matches a real chance to place, and therefore motivation to stay involved. It still gives a small advantage to coaches with more time, as they are more able to hunt high scores without fear of tons of low scores cluttering up their points total. Then you can also give lesser 'MVP' type awards each season for most games played, most total points, etc.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

We can use the old GP formula (F1) where each coach can choose thery best 10 games between 20 for example.
BUt the formula is not so important, the best goal is KILL' EM ALL.
POWER TO THE LITTLE ONES!

Wink
IRSWalker

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not a maximum of 12 games, three against each Elf race?
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of limits will kill the EMU... we need to open not closing chances.
I like old (actual) EMU system.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

IRSWalker wrote:
Why not a maximum of 12 games, three against each Elf race?

Structured play can be problematic. Some coaches will want to play 40 games. Some will only have time for 6. Those with limited time will be further hurt by having to seek specific teams to play against, which may not be feasable in a limited timeframe to find/play games. As most EMU'ers can testify, it can be hard enough finding opponents...

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SI's almost count as BH. I think old Bunnypuncher's point system owned.
Just my 5cent
 Jump to: