50 coaches online • Server time: 13:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What sort of cap would you be looking at?

A hard cap, where you must be under a certain TR for every single game?

Or a soft cap, where you must be under a certain rating at the start of the tournament, but may exceed it later on (it would be important in this sort of one for people not to be able to play other games with the team).

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this very much. As has been pointed out it would be nice if at least one of the tournaments was mostly skill based instead of based on how much time and cherrypicking you have put into a team. I get disgusted when I see really bad coaches progress far into the big tournaments because they have fantastic teams.

Quote:
f anything teams should be above 175TR to enter the official major ranked tournaments, it's supposed to be about the best of the best.

Well it depends if you want the best of the best teams or the best of the best coaches. Eventhough a large part of the community doesn't think of bloodbowl as a competitive game where the object is to score more TD:s than the opponent using good tactics I think there are enough of us to warrant a tourney like this. I remember Barash asked the coaches of Blutballas if he should get rid of the tr-cap in Blutballas cup and I'm glad most where opposed to this change as it has kept the tournament competitive and playable for all races over and over (No ridicilously bashy teams + more cashflow = easier to rebuild).

This kind of tournament is really what CR should be all about.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
What sort of cap would you be looking at?

A hard cap, where you must be under a certain TR for every single game?

Or a soft cap, where you must be under a certain rating at the start of the tournament, but may exceed it later on (it would be important in this sort of one for people not to be able to play other games with the team).

A soft cap would be best, if not teams would be forced to retire players after a single game to stay under. The important thing is that all starts with the same options. Winnings and hiring stars is a part of bloodbowl and here you really have to think twice of what you are going to use your money on.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The plan was always to develop several minor tournaments. Currently there are the 4 Majors and 3 Minors: FUMBBL SMACK, Royal Rookie Rumble, and the XFL (Candlejack will relaunch shortly and I hope it will be as successful as the relaunched SMACK). There is also talk of trying to "schedule" a few SMACKs at set times on the weekends. I'm unsure of where that stands presently. So, I guess the question is, would you still be interested in lower TR tournaments, even if there was some sort of SMACK schedule?

I had a few ideas on the backburner: Tombstone Terror, Sylvan Shootout, Monster Mash, Tunnel Tussle and the Crimson Cup. They would be thematic Minors. And I was tempted to make each a seperate TR Class. But I wasn't certain if there was a real need. I thought that those who wanted competitive/reasonable tournaments would stick with the immense flexibility provided by [U] or take advantage of the various TR classes provided by FUMBBL SMACK.

Evo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
The plan was always to develop several minor tournaments. Currently there are the 4 Majors and 3 Minors: FUMBBL SMACK, Royal Rookie Rumble, and the XFL (Candlejack will relaunch shortly and I hope it will be as successful as the relaunched SMACK). There is also talk of trying to "schedule" a few SMACKs at set times on the weekends. I'm unsure of where that stands presently. So, I guess the question is, would you still be interested in lower TR tournaments, even if there was some sort of SMACK schedule?

I had a few ideas on the backburner: Tombstone Terror, Sylvan Shootout, Monster Mash, Tunnel Tussle and the Crimson Cup. They would be thematic Minors. And I was tempted to make each a seperate TR Class. But I wasn't certain if there was a real need. I thought that those who wanted competitive/reasonable tournaments would stick with the immense flexibility provided by [U] or take advantage of the various TR classes provided by FUMBBL SMACK.

Evo

Interesting stuff. The games in smack are imho the most fun of them all. But if some sort of bigger minors were introduced, it would be even better. The issue I have with smacks is that they are too small...

The only place where having no limit TR is fair to all coaches is in fixed leagues where you cannot play 100 elfbowl games to build and optimize your team

So I still would like to see one really big TR capped tourney (major, minor or whatever) where I could join with a cool lizard team and crush all them silly orc teams...

Btw I play orcs too in WO. It's not fun, but they are doing well so far...
 Jump to: