38 coaches online • Server time: 13:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

With all due respect and credit given to orko_oskar and his Bray Herd (Mk2) I didn't want to hijack his thread further with this, somewhat different, suggested roster:

Bray Herd

From the darkened forests and wild places come the savage cries of the Beastmen. Spawned of Chaos they delight in savagery, warfare, and of course, Bloodbowl. While most Chaos teams field only the largest and strongest of the Beastmen on their pitch, the smaller but equally brutal specimens are also fond of Bloodbowl. Gathering their numbers they take out their frustration, envy, and spite on any sufficiently small, opposing players.

Brays
The smallest of the Beastmen are called Brays, diminutive and hornless, they are scorned and abused by their larger kin. As a result of this constant torment they have developed a natural sense for hiding and escape.

Ungors
Ungors differ from Brays by their thicker hides and the presence of horns. While nowhere near as imposing as the larger horns of their Gor kin, the Ungors' horns can deliver brutal blows for their stout frames.

Centigors
Twisted combinations of quadriped and biped, Centigors are fast and strong, possessing large horns which they viciously employ on those foolish enough to stand in their way. However they frequently arrive for games in a drunken stupor and are easily distracted from the task at hand unless team-mates are nearby.

Minotaurs
These hulking beasts are barely able to control their wild rage long enough to understand Bloodbowl, however killing and mauling they understand quite well, and are more than happy to dispense when given the opportunity.

Qty Title Cost MA ST AG AV Skills & Traits Allowed Skills
0-1 Chaos Minotaur 120000 5 5 2 8 Always Hungry, Frenzy, Horns, Loner, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate, Wild Animal SM
0-2 Centigor 100000 6 3 2 8 Horns, Really Stupid, Sprint SM
0-4 Ungor 60000 6 2 3 7 Horns SM
0-16 Bray 40000 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty SM

Re-roll counter: 60000 gold pieces each
Apothecary: Yes

Star Player:
Name Cost MA ST AG AV Skills & Traits

Khazrak the One-Eye 100000 6 3 2 8 Horns, Leader, Prehensile Tail, Star, Tentacles

Khazrak the One-Eye is an infamous Beastman general from the Drakwald forest known for his ability to inspire the herds, his ruthless skill with the barbed whip, and his love of Bloodbowl.

/me puts on his flame-retardant underwear

Last edited by Craftnburn on Apr 03, 2016 - 23:02; edited 18 times in total
Alanir

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume the Bray are supposed to have A access, not S?

Also, why do they cost 30k while a 5 2 3 6 Chaos Fling costs 40k?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Alanir wrote:

No, Bray have S access... as fits their aggressive and herd-like nature. They have dodge because they're used to avoiding the abuse heaped on them by Ungors.

Alanir wrote:

hmm perhaps the Ph access is worth an extra 10K over a Thralling's 30K for 5 3 2 6 A. I'll change their cost.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Alanir wrote:

No, Bray have S access... as fits their aggressive and herd-like nature. They have dodge because they're used to avoiding the abuse heaped on them by Ungors.

Alanir wrote:

hmm perhaps the Ph access is worth an extra 10K over a Thralling's 30K for 5 3 2 6 A. I'll change their cost.

Brays are still underpriced. 5/2/3/7 dodge stunty for 40k with ph access, is too cheap. reduce av with 1 or add 10k to the cost.

Ungor should be 10k more too to get to 70k

And centigors..well, let's just say they need 20k extra. a minibull with g access in stunty, as well as physical...*shiver* 110k is reasonable. really.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

DreadClaw wrote:

Brays are still underpriced. 5/2/3/7 dodge stunty for 40k with ph access, is too cheap. reduce av with 1 or add 10k to the cost.
I think compared to a goblin (-MA +AV), the cost seems pretty close.

DreadClaw wrote:
Ungor should be 10k more too to get to 70k
I think 50K is pretty fair after comparing them to Gnomes and Beastmen (I can't see 6 2 3 8 Horns S Ph costing the same as 6 3 3 8 Horns G S Ph)

DreadClaw wrote:
And centigors..well, let's just say they need 20k extra. a minibull with g access in stunty, as well as physical...*shiver* 110k is reasonable. really.
After comparing a Centigor vs Bull -1 ST -1 AV -Thick Skull +Bone Head +Horns +Ph I think a small increase is warranted up to 100K.
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree, 40K seems just right. Ungors at 50K is also OK because of lack of Dodge. Physical Access isn't a huge deal any longer, since you'll want Block, Tackle or DP.

The Bray player implementation is pretty interesting (Guard/PO... and then the skill selection sucks). What I don't like is the high reliability of the Centigors (possibly the best scorers in Stunty, under this team list) - I think a core principle of any stunty team is that the Stunties should be the main scorers.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
The Bray player implementation is pretty interesting (Guard/PO... and then the skill selection sucks).
well maybe with a few other Guards out there Multiblock could be of some use...

johan wrote:
What I don't like is the high reliability of the Centigors (possibly the best scorers in Stunty, under this team list) - I think a core principle of any stunty team is that the Stunties should be the main scorers.
Really? AG2, Bonehead, and lack of A access would seem to limit them a bit. Don't you think Hoppers are better?
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With two skills, one of them a double, you can have Big Hand/Sure Hands, and then Bull Centaur speed on top of that.

Compared to Hoppers, they're faster, have a much nicer nega-trait, and General Access.

Also, the Centigors make for awesome Blitzers - I think they're simply too powerful and reliable for Stunty.

(I think you might consider dropping the AV of the Ungors to 7, as well - right now you can field 7 non-stunty AV 8 players, and that's tougher than Gnomes, with little of the Gnomes' downsides.)

EDIT: I still think this is the best attempt yet at a Ungor/Bray team.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
(I think you might consider dropping the AV of the Ungors to 7, as well - right now you can field 7 non-stunty AV 8 players, and that's tougher than Gnomes, with little of the Gnomes' downsides.)
The extra toughness compensates for lack of Dodge and A access which help gnomes survive.. with double the chance of being knocked down by a block (5-6 vs 6) I think they'll need that AV.

johan wrote:
EDIT: I still think this is the best attempt yet at a Ungor/Bray team.
Thanks much!

Last edited by Craftnburn on Sep 04, 2007 - 08:27; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the Centigors

Comparing this:
0-2 Centigor 100000 6 3 2 8 Bone Head, Horns, Sprint, Sure Feet G S Ph
with:
0-2 Mechavermin 90000 4 3 3 11 Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Spikes, Stand Firm G S Ph

Looks pretty spot on really. Centigor gets +2 MA -1 AG -3 AV +1 skill -1 Trait all for +10K
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mechavermin is one of the strongest players in Stunty now, probably at #3 following the Ogre Maneater (provided he stays a non-Big Guy) and the Strigoyan Lord.

Your Centigors would land at a comparable level.

Not saying that's absolutely wrong, but you should be aware of the power-levels involved. I'm nervous about creating great non-stunty ball-carriers in Stunty.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If I was you I'd lose the Sure Feet on the centigors, as they are supposed to (yes, yes, I know, according to GW, and this is Stunty) be notorious drunkards. That would also make them at bit more risky if you want to use them at full speed.

But it does look like a fun team to play.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

Last edited by Gran on Sep 04, 2007 - 11:21; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nixing Sure Feet would go a long way towards slowing them down. I like it!

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Would definitely go for Wild Animal rather than Bonehead on the Centigors: it's fluffier for crazed chaos beasts - and it should overcome, to some extent, fears about them becoming effective non-Stunty ball-carriers.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Combining Gran's and Pac's suggestions with a small price reduction:

0-2 Centigor 90000 6 3 2 8 Wild Animal, Horns, Sprint, G S Ph

The Cents are suddenly much crazier and less reliable. Wild Animal means they're much less likely to be ball-carriers, unless you want to spend your Blitzes on them.

With this change (or something similar), I'd support this team for official-dom (official-ness? officiality? officialitude?).
 Jump to: