48 coaches online • Server time: 19:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so we're looking at a complete rebalance of the Stunty Leeg, given that big guys no longer have access to general skills on normal rolls.

This post is part of a series which aims at getting input on each of the rosters that are available to Stunty Leeg right now. The base point of the changes is:

The current list of Stunty Leeg rosters with the modifications mentioned in the first post of this thread. Note that the post is only changes to the current rosters and anything not mentioned in the post is left as-is.

The idea here is to rebuild the rosters to return the blood to the division and I'm therefore mainly looking for improving the weak rosters instead of nerfing the strong ones.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on the roster mentioned in the subject in this thread. However, given the large amount of threads here and the fact that I'm expecting a rather large amount of posts I urge you to keep things on topic. I will moderate these threads harshly to keep the signal to noise ratio high. Any posts that are not relevant to the rebalancing and the roster mentioned in the subject will be deleted without warning.

Last edited by Christer on Sep 23, 2007 - 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We may have gone too far by putting G access on the squigs. This roster might require a different approach.

0-2: Squig Hoppers 6 3 2 7 OFAB, RSC, Leap, Sprint G
0-4: Squigs 5 4 4 7 OFAB, Really Stupid, Pogo, RSC, No Hands (thanks Orko for reminding me) A
0-1: Master Herder 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Thrall, Right Stuff, Leader G, A

This makes the hoppers the focus but drops their AG and ST to indicate the rigors of having a gobbo on your back. I think they will be used similar to Bull Centaurs. This also hands the team an extra positional with G access and the all important leader skill. This makes up for the fact that their RRs are expensive already and should stay that way.

__Synn

Last edited by Synn on Sep 15, 2007 - 22:35; edited 1 time in total
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

@synn. Do you mean the squigs should get hands or was this an oversight?
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed... thanks for the heads up.

__Synn
gildor_inglorion

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

... and hoppers shoul lose agility access?

Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. Blodge should not be possible if your ST is higher then 2 (unless you roll doubles). Makes for a good new fundamental rule of stunty Wink

__Synn
Babau

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You are giving the right stuff skill to the master herder for some reason??

Very Happy
gildor_inglorion

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

hm - i dont like the chances to the hoppers (leap and agility2)

my suggestion is:

0-2: Squig Hoppers 6 4 3 7 OFAB, RSC, Leap, Sprint A (leave them as they are)
0-4: Squigs 5 4 4 8 OFAB, Really Stupid, Pogo, RSC, No Hands (thanks Orko for reminding Synn) AS
0-1: Master Herder 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Thrall, Right Stuff, Leader G, A (if every race is getting one g access stunty this is just fine)

[0-2: Netters 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Thrall, Hypotic Gaze A]
Im not really satisfied with hipn. gaze - cause this skill somehow belongs to the fairies - but i would love to see the netters from the warhammer background in this team

Hoppers:
right now they are great allrounders with a certain chaotic touch that makes the squig herder team special. they are kind of wardancers of stunty, unreliabel as hell but with the possiblitiy to jump in cage and get the ball free. reducing there stats and giving them g will reduce there role on the field to blockern/foulern only. so my try on the team is to leave thema s they are, if u want to do something to increase the team i would grant strenght access and +av to the squigs to give them so more reasonable skills to get on normal rolls and to make them a little bit tougher.

Greetz

gildor_inglorion

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the issue with Squigs right now is how OFAB and RSC work together in an evil fashion. This team really kills itself fast. I am just not sure that 2 guys with Gaze are helpful enough. Besides, gaze is the highpoint of the fairies team.

__Synn
Natakutoo

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In that case, could RSC simply be replaced with Claw?
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I never said killing itself easily is a bad thing Wink

__Synn
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with the team is that people insist on putting ALL of their squigs on the field and using them EVERY turn. This may be viable if you have loads of RRs to burn, but most coaches don't build their teams that way. I take these factors into consideration and find Squig Herder teams to be very viable AS THEY CURRENTLY are. But you can't expect all coaches to be as patient as I am. My advice, keep the team as is, but lower the RR cost a bit but do not give them G access, as that is just a return to Stunty Leeg as the Slaughterbeast Leeg. Another idea that might be worth pursuing is increasing the AV of the Squigs (or giving them Thick Skull).

Just some thoughts of a retired coach who's played a wee bit of stunty.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

AG 2 and leap (useless combo) + the squig hoppers are no longer natural scorers. I don't like this at all. It takes a lot of the fun away from the squig teams and honestly doesn't feel like a well thought through suggestion.

Wouldn't it be better to move the G access to some new form of positional instead if it clashes with the new policies?
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

change nothing in the roster, only add 0-2 stable boss (or tamer or something) as writen by synn but take thrall skill away from them.
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Either go with the proposed change (which may be on the strong side), or lower RR cost and increase the Squig and/or Squig Hopper durability (possibly adding a couple of Gen access players). General (along with agility) access on the Hoppers (rather than the Squigs) could also work if 4 G-access players is deemed excessive.

Synn, you oppose Blodge even on the Strigoyan Lord?

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: