40 coaches online • Server time: 19:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aenir

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Crypt Creepers

Crypt Creepers Roster
Qty|Title|Cost|MA|ST|AG|AV|Skills & Traits|Allowed Skills

|0-2|Abomination|100000|4|4|1|9|Bone-head, Extra Arms, Fend, Foul Appearance, Grab, Multiple Block, Regeneration|S

|0-2|Fledgling Necro|90000|6|2|3|7| Nurgle's Rot, Sneaky Git, Stab|G

|0-2|Swarm of Bats|70000|7|1|4|5|Disturbing Presence, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, No Hands, Pass Block, Regeneration, Stunty, Titchy|A

|0-2|Wererats|80000|6|2|3|7|Animosity, Dodge, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Regeneration, Stunty|A

|0-16|Zombi|40000|4|2|2|7|Decay, Regeneration|S

Star Player
Awooooo Squeak Squeak|100000|7|2|3|7|Dodge, Prehensile Tail, Two Heads, Stunty, Star

Re-roll counter: 60000 gold pieces each
Apothecary: No
Wizard: No
----

Improved fluff:

Necromancer do not start controlling awe-inspiring hordes of the dead, they have to expiriment and practice through the use and development of their skills. and what other way to increase your skills than through a blood bowl game, where there are plenty of bodies to bring forth, creatures to summon, and monstrositiies to create!

Reroll 60K
Wizard: No
Apo: No

Edited: Dec 22 2007, Jan 26 2008

Last edited by Aenir on Jan 16, 2014 - 02:06; edited 3 times in total
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Im relatively new to stunty.... but I dont like the idea og 1-14 players with general access.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, time for me to speak, since I was involved with some heated debate with CraftnBurn about this team.

At the momnet, I'm not too bothered about the positionals.

The Linemen, however are the key to making this team feel right, you want them to provide some balance. In my opinion the Zombis need alot of work. My propsition:

Zombi 40k 4 2 2 8 Regenerate, Thick Skull, Stunty - S

This would make them good as scrimmage fodder that can tie up those nasty big guys. They would also be good at tying up regular stunties and providing a semi-robust line of defence.

Current problems (fixes):
1 - General access, this is either irrelevant cos the don't skill up or far too good (Strength access gives guard and helps make your line a little more sturdy)
2 - Ma3, this is just bad. With no dodge they are going to get knocked down alot, which is fine. They do need to be able to at least stand up again and regain the square they lost. (Ma4 stops a snotling outrunning them too)
3 - Really Stupid, this is just harsh. Not only are they limited to scrimmage and formation duty, not only are they bad at it, but they also need serious babysitting to do it, even then its not exactly infalliable (fix = removed and upped the cost a little, given thick skull too, knocked over and stunned is probably enough problems for the team)

What are your opinions on these specific changes? Once we get the zombi sorted then it is much easier to look at the rest of the list.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

No matter how many handicaps you pour on them, no team in stunty league should have an abundance of G access. It will outweigh the handicaps no matter how many they are.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
No matter how many handicaps you pour on them, no team in stunty league should have an abundance of G access. It will outweigh the handicaps no matter how many they are.

No offense, but blanket statements like this are just wrong.

Consider that they are MA 3 AG 2, how long would it take to get 6 spp much less 16! Without Dodge (or even Block to start) they'll get knocked down A LOT! They're Really Stupid which makes getting up difficult much less anything that earns SPP.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

What's so cool about this team is the positionals, but nobody's even looking at them..

An Extra Arms/MutiBlock big guy.

Necros with Infect to make more Zombis

A St 1 Claw/RSC Rat!

An AG4, Stunty Bat Swarm!

There's some really interesting stuff here.
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the necro needs to be a standard human profile, no point in being STR2 and able to infect as the likelihood of being able to get enough numbers on a buy after 6 are slim.

So your necro might line up like this

Ma 6
STR 3
AG 3
Arm 7

To reflect him wearing robes of his profession, with a cost of 90K i think at least to have Dodge as well to give him a bit of longevity as well.

The bats how about dropping hypnotic gaze and giving them shadowing, just an idea i had thought pass block but they have no hands as you stated so nice work on those, great unique idea actually.

Giant rat dunno str1, maybe give him dauntless, rats dont know any better after all and in which case drop RSC or claws for it, might balance him up a bit more.

Wererats again great idea love that maybe make them str2 and wild animal?

But the zombos i agree do need to be a base of resilience for any stunty team and yes i think ma 4 or even 5, making fluff about them being halfling or gobbo zombies. Or as you said at the end of yoru message created by training necromacers why not have the availablility of a mix taking only -1 ma from each original profile so a fling zombie ma4 gobbo zombie ma5 with regen and stunty. As a thought make them stand out a bit for their frailty, stand firm? makes as interesting a choice as dodge in a way?

I really like the idea and principle m8, nice one. Tweak here and there and maybe hopefully if people nag angie enough you might just make it happen Smile
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Consider that they are MA 3 AG 2, how long would it take to get 6 spp much less 16! Without Dodge (or even Block to start) they'll get knocked down A LOT! They're Really Stupid which makes getting up difficult much less anything that earns SPP.

Yes, but when discussing flaws it's never wise to speak about how the general teams will work. It's the power gamer that will sit on 10+ dp's and a bunch of blockers that will be the problem.

Add to these (potentially) great linemen (with AV 8 by the way which together with regen will make them very durable) 3 rsc positionals and 2 big guys with mighty blow and the sustainability of most of the players having regen and I think you are sitting on a team that will perhaps start out bad but has the potential to be extremly overpowered on higher levels.

As for the team in general I think there are some interesting ideas, so my objection to pumping the team with G access doesn't translate to "your idea sucks, scrap it"...
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek>

Umm...so your idea is to boost the team with 2 fantastic G access scorers and stand firm on the G access zombies? Ok. It's interesting to see how people can view teams. I feel inclined to swing the nerf bat pretty hard, but you seem to think this team is weak as it is.
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering how much Bonehead hurts the Ogre team, I'm not going to issue a blanket condemnation for the zombies, but I will say that this is one of those teams that require a lot of playtesting.

EDIT: The Abominations are cool. Smile

Last edited by johan on Nov 22, 2007 - 11:25; edited 1 time in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Considering how much Bonehead hurts the Ogre team, I'm not going to issue a blanket condemnation for the zombies, but I will say that this is one of thoe teams that require a lot of playtesting.

Thats the problem, the blanket RS on the zombis makes the team really, really suck to start with and then either be ok or too good later on.

Stand Firm on the zombis could be realy interesting (on my version of zombis anyway Razz). It would need an increased cost though and the effects of that much stand firm really is an unknown.

I quite like the wererats actually. Especially if they were to be given wild animal:

0-2 Wererats 80k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Wild Animal, Regenerate, Infect - GA (infection creating new wererats)

Remove the giant rat as a bit arbitrary, keep the swarm as an intersting option. The abominations are also nice (thick skull to compensate St4?). That only leaves the necromancer to deal with.

The Necromancers. I'm not convinced by the 1-2 option since it leaves the embaressing question of what is going on if the only necromancer on teh team dies. NOS is nice but why not give them agility and passing skills to go with it (leaving the player the tricky decision of what to do in case of a double). The roster can probably live without surehands (NOS is arguably better). Also infect dosent really turn me on, dosent feel right that only necromancer kills can become zombis. I'd propose:

0-2 Daring Necromancers 90k 6 2 3 7 NOS, Dodge - AP
(Infect is replaced by any permanently killed players resulting in a new zombi being added to the roster when your team is updated)

Finally, 0-16 Zombis please Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog i'll confess i don't know the skill categories them selves which is why i didn't mention what skill cats each was using lol. The idea of the zombos having SF was as an alternative to the usual stunty have dodge, in fore-sight maybe not quite in character lol
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a problem that zombie type linemen end up with having to chose from mostly agile skills, but the other categories are just too good to have on linemen. G access gives block and dp which is very, very good in stunty league and S access gives mighty blow, guard and other goodies, not to mention that it's quite weird how ST 2 linemen would have S access.

Simply having cheap linemen with regenerate and AV 8 is very good, even if their slow movement is of course a problem. But they got a whopping 8 positionals to make up for that lack of speed, so it's not as bad as it looks.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Some comments in no particular order...

St 2 players CAN'T have mighty blow

ST 3 AG 3 in stunty is a no-no, thus the bookish necros are St 2

"All Dead players being added" is a great idea, but I don't think it's possible to automate and if not, then it's not an option.

I've been down the St 1 Dauntless fight.. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone! St 1 Claw/RSC is controversial enough.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2007 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

we tried WA on the wererat, it seemed to completely reduce their effectiveness
 Jump to: