66 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of the concept?
Definitely worth developing. It's one of the strongest concepts floating around.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
I like it. But I'd like to see skills and numbers before endorsing.
29%
 29%  [ 23 ]
Average Concept. No better than the other concepts floating around.
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Below average. Not worht investing any time in developing.
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
The worst Stunty Leeg Concept that I've seen in ages.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
You really should be pushing your Circus, Horrors, or Bray concepts.
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 78

EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe I'm doing this. But I think I'll do another foray into designing yet
another roster for the Stunty Leeg. I've got a list of a few roster ideas that I think would be great additions into the Leeg. Great because they have good Fluff, they are Unique, and they add some Novel mayhem into the Leeg that I've invested too much time in.

Rather than leap at you with a bunch of numbers and skills, I'd like to elaborate on the above FUN criteria as it relates to the Chaos Dwarf Daemon Engine team concept. Note team concept, not roster. Rosters are easy to modify. Team concepts are not. So, that's why I place so much emphasis on the conceptual stages.

FLUFF We've seen robot roster proposals. Generic Sci-Fi stuff with no connection to the "Warhammer Universe". There was talk of playing up the Psyberfantasy element of the BloodBowl background. Well, I think the CD Daemon Engine concept does a great job of mixing these two elements. If you've seen the latest Hell Canon with its Chaos Dwarf crew, you might have an idea of where I'm heading or at least what inspired me. Dwarves are known for their technological prowess (Gyrocopter, Deathroller, etc.). And the Chaos Dwarves are even more sinister with their inventions (I'll let the old time fluffsters fill you in on some of their mechanical machinations).

When their 2505 proposal to enter into the Stunty Leeg a team made up exclusively of their hobgoblin slaves was rejected because "hobgoblins just aren't stunty, no matter how stunted their brains may be", the stubborn Chaos Dwarves vowed to return in a few years with an offer the Leeg commissioner couldn't refuse. Deep in the volcanic depths of Kal-Garak, they laboured in secrecy. Blue prints were drawn, molten steel was shaped, weapons were crafted, goblin slaves were gathered, daemons were summoned and all were fused into fierce small daemonic engines. Some were purely mechanical beings with the spirits of daemons powering them, while others were crippled goblin slaves given a new life with grafted mechanical and daemonic components but one thing was certain; these new creations "were stunty, no matter how tormented and disfigured". In 2508 the Kal-Garak Stompeders demanded entry into the Stunty Leeg and screams of joy and torment filled the Stunty Leeg Stadiums during their volcanic inaugural season.

UNIQUE I haven't set my mind an a particular skill set. Just a bunch of ideas that could fit the background and that haven't bee used in the Leeg so far. In no particular order here are a few ideas that seem to fit with the idea of some lumbering, tough, tortured, and vicious daemon engines:
1. Lumbering: No dodge; Stand Firm
2. Tough: Thick Skull; AV8;
3. Tortured: Wild Animal, Bonehead
4. Vicious: Widespreda S access
5. Daemonic: Mutations (Access or maybe some starting ones)
6. Engines: Iron Man (on a positional or two)
I don't mean to include all of the above, just enough to give the roster an appropriate balanced fluffy feel.

NOVEL I just love the sound of Chainsaws starting. I'd be really tempted to not include any Big Guys (remember the hobgoblin refusal and their obsession with not being turned down because they aren't stunty) but include up to 4 chainsaws. The other mayhemful schtick that I was thinking would be very appropriate would be the Iron Man skill. But you say that would make them unkillable. Two possible resolutions come to mind: limit them to 1 or 2 players kind of like the Warpwheel which hasn't appeared to be much of a problem. No hands and Chainsaw CAS would limit their ability to get SPP. Or the other option would be to make them Star that you could freeboot for free every game. So, I think it's workable and definitely a Novel mayhemful schtick worthy of developping. I'd really like to limit the team to just Chainsaws, much like the Eshin were focused on Daggers. Some supporting Engines could be nice. But I'd like this team to be focused on the lumbering ground game based around torturing the other team with Chainsaws.

So their you have it: the outlines of a Stunty Leeg proposal without a roster in sight. I'd love to see others try and create a thoughtful post instead of just jotting down some stats & skills. One can only dream...

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

since no ones broke it down yet let me start it off

I love the fluff thats one of the most important things to me

1 doesent present much of a problem for me
2 we have this already in gnomes and I am really against them having it av8 ts stuntys are hard for other stuntys to deal with it makes for a lot less blood and blood is why I play stunty
3 I dont understand what makes this unique asides from the reason they have it but no problems here
4 I am adamantly against widespread str access on stuntys although theres not many good skills mass guard is impresive on str 2 players and po is incredibly good on the 6 or lower end
5 I'm all for it mutation access on players its fun
6 Iron man on players with any ability to do anything is just wrong the doom wheel isn't a major problem because you can remove it from the pitch you cant do that with an iron man player

i'm TOTALY for a team with 4 chainsaws though Razz

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would absolutely HATE to see another AV 8 team in stunty league.

A tip is to not think in the way of big robots. This is stunty league. If a robot team exists in stunty league it is a team with stunty sized robots. Deamon Engines doesn't fit that mold? Too bad, then maybe it's not suitable for stunty league.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

why not pirog?...

*cough mechavermin cough*....

seriously, i really wish some of the people around here would get over these retarded stereotypes they have of stunty...

--j

ImageImage
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2008 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, let's let in the ST 3 guys. It would fit right in with the senseless stacking of start up skills that people seem to think is novel...

I think part of the fluff is very interesting for this team, but there are also some things I truly dislike. I really hope that no more AV 8 teams are included. A lot of people dislike gnomes as it is.
And I'm very sceptical about widespread S access, especially on a team that will include a bunch of chainsaws.

Besides that worry having a bunch of chainsaw players would be fun though. But Iron Man on a chainsaw player is just crazy. For that I would go for the Star Player idea instead.
mightyblow

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2008 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Daemonic Missile
10 1 1 10 Deathroller, Bombs, No Hands, Wild Animal, Iron Man, Star
Crik

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is a great concept, all great ideas, but you just can't take all good ideas Wink
I'm one of those who thinks that gnomes should be the only stunty race with av8.
Iron man ?? seriously ? it makes me laugh a little bit Smile
And i'm also sceptical about widespread S access, but totaly agree with mutations and 4 chainsaw ! Very Happy
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be posting a few suggestions for different player types shortly, but first I wanted to include a few images to let people know what's been inspiring me. Most of them are from chaosdwarf.com

A converted CD robot.

A converted Daemon Engine

An old CD whirlwind

A Death Rocket/Juggernaut Conversion

As most of these models are too big for Stunty, they likely won't be included in my roster. But it's safe to say, there will probably be a few similar concepts.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well those pics put me squarely in the NO column. Sorry
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

heh..better than anything you've come up with...

at least evo is researching and putting some thought into his ideas, and not useless "look at me i'm awesome!" drivel...

--j

ImageImage
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's so cute how you are sticking out for your friend Shadow. The big flaming meanie with a heart of gold Wink
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
heh..better than anything you've come up with...

at least evo is researching and putting some thought into his ideas, and not useless "look at me i'm awesome!" drivel...

--j

You are one sad, bitter little person...

Seek professional help.

Evo:
To clarify, I don't like them simply because they look like they belong in Bloodbowl 40K . Just my opinion.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

that's funny....seeing as how they're WHFB models....

--j

ImageImage
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
that's funny....seeing as how they're WHFB models....

--j

According to the subtitles, all but the whirlwind are conversions. I've never seen a Chaos Dwarf robot in any version of Warhammer (not that GW hasn't done stupid crap like that before) that I've played.

But regardless, am I not allowed to have my own opinion? I simply don't like the idea, get over it.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like thier fluff much.

Daemon engines should be big and daemonic, I can't imagine a daemon occupying an engine which could be squashed by a human.

You might like This Team Evolve. It's pretty cool IMHO.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: