57 coaches online • Server time: 17:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought of a Star Player:

Perry "the Butcher" Nobbins
5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Chainsaw, Dirty Player
Price: No clue

For those really tough slices of meat. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
um..this isn't canon, cuz i can't remember off the top of my head, and i'm too lazy to check, but i thought that the B&C was a straight ST6, regardless of stats?

i thought it was hardcoded into the skill to be an ST6 action, or is it really drawn from the stat line?

--j

I dont think so, since the rest of the stats arent hard coded in.... but you can only try it. Whether it is or not I think theres a little too much going on in the list even before the piewagon.

Interestingly, when he said piewagon Johan was referencing one of these... (I thought it might appeal to skolopender)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on Feb 09, 2008 - 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
I'll try them out if I have the time! =)
Halfling chef would be nasty in stunty, I think and your list has a bit of everything, but playtest will tell if they are a bit too good Wink

Yeah the biggest question is how they will be, when they start getting skill rolls.

But let's se... As a starter team they seem quite avg compared to other stunty teams. At least in my play testing. They are clearly weaker, when matched vs. big guys. They have no secure way of taking them down...

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

just as a note(and granted, this was not with this roster, but one of the pre-fab rosters i use for testing)...

i made a B&C player as follows...

6337 Ball & Chain

B/C functioned properly, and was blocking ST3 players with 1 dice...so looks like it isn't hardcoded....

enjoy Smile

--j

ImageImage
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
just as a note(and granted, this was not with this roster, but one of the pre-fab rosters i use for testing)...

i made a B&C player as follows...

6337 Ball & Chain

B/C functioned properly, and was blocking ST3 players with 1 dice...so looks like it isn't hardcoded....

enjoy Smile

--j

Thanks Shadow Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2008 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again,

Done some more playtesting. Seems to work ok... Tried some more stand alone. This time vs. real life buddies... (Yes I have some of those) Razz

Changed nothing since last... So I would like if someone else could try them out.

Worth to mention.
Had a game Halfling Kitchen Crew vs. Halfling Kitchen Crew.

Result: 3-2 (4 of them were TTM td's)
Cas: 5-7 (5 of them were DEATHS, 3 of them were TTM related injuries, 3 were caused by the same Halfling Slicer w. his RSC)

Hope you enjoy!

- Skolopender

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2008 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the stats I can't work out how they would play.

They don't really have much in the way of weakness, nor much strength. How have you found they work best?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't even looked at the roster for this team, but am bumping it up from page 3 simply because we MUST have a Halfling team in Stunty Leeg. The poor guys get so much abuse in FFB, they deserve to be at or near the top of the food chain in Stunty. Hopefully the roster can sorted out.

New client and and rebirth of Stunty is a perfect time to show some Halfling love.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

that fling team is quite nice. There are also some very old ones that did the rounds back in the day, you may be able to get inspiration from -

http://www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/fanatic/84hhab.pdf - check it out.
Knut_Rockie

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great idea, I've always liked the Halflings. If they do make it in I'll happily provide the portraits!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Just digging through the archives I found two other Halfling team suggestions (and yes, one happens to be mine, that's why I remembered it). They would obviously need updating to CRP/LRB6 but just throwing them out there if people are interested.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11883&start=0
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11762&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my favourite is still the first one on this page, though i like the undead flings in the link i posted. Craftburns and the other teams in the link i posted dont really add anything interesting.

But we definately need to include the the halfling hot pot from craftburn. It is famous and just plain cool. I think 0-1 bombadier HMP is a good place to start. Probably give them MA 1 or 2 as well.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2013 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
0-16 Halfling 30000 5 2 3 6 A Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff
0-2 Pig Riders 70000 6 3 2 8 A S Stunty, Really Stupid, Thick Skull, Break Tackle
0-1 Master Chef 50000 5 2 3 7 A G Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Leader
0-2 Meat Slicers 50000 5 2 3 6 A Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Razor Sharp Claws
0-2 Hot Pot 70000 2 2 2 8 P Big Guy, Throw Team Mate, Strong Arm
0-2 Chickenchasers 40000 5 2 3 6 A Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sprint, Diving Catch
0-1 Pie Wagon 100000 4 5 1 5 Ball & Chain S G

Now this is what a halfling team should be. I've always thought halflings would play a game closer to the current snotling roster & this list does just that. I love this roster!

Some critiques:
1. Exchange RSC for Stab on Meat Slicers.
2. Lose BG (now Loner) on hot pot & exchange for Take Root (simulating getting stuck in the mud, etc). Move up to ST3.
3. Up the Pie Wagon to AV6 & take away G access.

Jump to: