30 coaches online • Server time: 11:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bill_Vestergaard

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

[url=http://i50.tinypic.com/2cendxf.jpg%20]Image[/url]

Recruiting Now!

The Relentless Apprentice is upon us! This is the newest tournament in The Congregation . It is time for all the coaches of The Congregation to step up and join in with a new TR 100 team and get this excellent new tournament off for a good start. If you are not already part of The Congregation, then now is the time to join and be part of the fun.

The University of Arcane Studies is looking for new apprentices. This year they only want apprentices with leadership abilities, foresight, tactical knowledge and wits, which all can be found in a good blood bowl coach. Therefore it was decided to make a blood bowl tournament to find some good prospects.

Team Requirements:
Any coach who has a fresh [L] TR100 FF7+ team may apply.
The aim will be to have no more than one team of a specific race in each group; this will be sorted by application date if more teams of the same race applied than there will be groups. To avoid coaches missing out on the fun it is allowed to ask if a specific race has any applications so far.

Deadlines:
Kick off will be Friday at midnight bbtime on January 22nd with one week deadlines ending midnight bbtime on Mondays with the first round deadline being Monday at midnight bbtime on February 1st, giving people two more days to get the first round played.
There will be no extensions given due to the fact this is a swiss-draw tournament format.
Forfeiting games twice and you will get kicked from the tournament and a new team is getting in as filler if anyone wants in. Getting kicked from The Relentless Apprentice gives you a three month ban from future The Relentless Apprentice tournaments, due to the fact that keeping deadlines in swiss-draw is very important.

Structure:
The Relentless Apprentice will be Swiss-draw format with 8 teams in each group and playing 4 rounds. There will be as many groups as there are applications for.
One week per round timetable making it 4 weeks to complete a tournament.

The principle of a Swiss tournament is that each player will be pitted against another player who has done as well (or poorly) as him or herself. The first round is drawn at random. Win, lose, or draw, all players proceed to the next round where winners are pitted against winners, losers are pitted against losers, and so on.

Applications:
If you want to be part of this tournament, you need to reply in this thread and/or send me a PM along with applying to The Congregation group with the team you want in.

Feel free to ask if you got any questions. I will try to answer all the questions I get as fast as possible. Post questions here or come join us in #Congregation on IRC.

[url=http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4927/congregation2l.jpg]Image[/url]

Last edited by Bill_Vestergaard on Jan 15, 2010 - 19:06; edited 2 times in total
krytie

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, Sounds like i can finally use this L Khemri team which has been sitting unused for years Smile

/applied to Group with Age of Destruction

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to play with this Norse team I just cooked up!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=604566
blader4411

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll join with the Windswept Wraiths Smile
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=604567
-Blader
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't explain "swiss".

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Swiss is in the general tourney rules. It means that after round 1, matchups are made winners v winners and losers v losers, where possible. This is done automatically by the site. No 2 teams will play each other twice per season.

I do have a question for Bill though : Are there any particular special rules attached to this League or is it standard fumbbl rules in a Swiss tourney format?

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Timlagor: The principle of a Swiss tournament is that each player will be pitted against another player who has done as well (or poorly) as him or herself(much like krytie said). First round will be random. No teams will play each others twice. I don't really know much more about it, it is a feature in the tournament section when creating a tournament, but all games in one round needs to be played before the next round is drawn, that is a very important part of it. I put in some detail on swiss in the first post now.

krytie: This is the first time I run a swiss tournament, so I will just use the site feature and run it without altering anything. I might do funny stuff when I run a second Relentless Apprentice Very Happy

Looking good with three applications already and still no orcs. Very Happy
fenric

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2010 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My ignorant goblins will be there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Making a skaven team now:D
Brother-Fu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going in Pro Elf style, with Bills Benign Bashers!!!

Brother-Fu
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied with Ogre team the BattleFeild Butchers

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Magic Mice applies!
Mouse in the house! Teach us the ways of the Warpstone, o great Wizard!
Brother-Fu

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Applies with Bills Bening Bashers:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=604615

Brother-Fu
Royston

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to apply with Primrose Gamgee's Family Tree.

I can't do any worse with Gobbos than I do normally. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2010 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

just invited ur team Royston to make ur life easier Smile

im regretting playing 1 game w my DEs, ah well, maybe i'll be a replacement l8r Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: