39 coaches online • Server time: 10:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
justagigolo

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

With the new ruleset comes some welcome changes to Nurgle teams. I for one love the new roster changes. The linemen seem appropriately disposable and act accordingly, and the free recruits are now significantly more likely to occur. The question is, how do these new changes effect everyone's strategies. As for myself I am torn between using the rotters for line duty and risking losing several players very quickly, or putting a combination of the beast and some warriors on the line and hoping for foul appearance to do its work.

Skill choices are also an interesting topic. Rotters seem primed for block, fend, and foul appearance with some DP goodness spread around. The pestigoers seem best suited towards the blitzer and ball handler roles. How does everyone feel on developing the warriors? Taking mighty blow early on helps to speed up development, but block or guard can help more to reduce turnovers.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Love Nurgle as well, but have only played a handful of lrb5+ games with them.

Just throwing this out:

LOS: It depends on the opposition of course, but in terms of defending a drive with as many players as possible, I find it that Pestigors er equal to Rotters there. In the sense that the chance of them being knocked out are equal (decay only affects you for the next matches).

In lrb4 I sometimes experiment with putting Warriors (the old rotters) on the LOS though, as this can halt certain teams (but a Chaos team would be happy if I did it).
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2010 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a tough one as u'll prolly want to only have 2 rotters on the pitch at the game start and one is likely to be the dp/kick guy. Looking at them sensibly they are the ideal linefodder. Cheap, av8 and relatively easy to skill to block. But once your team has developed a bit, will you really have any on the pitch ahead of pestigors or warriors? It seems unlikely.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2010 - 10:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
will you really have any on the pitch ahead of pestigors or warriors? It seems unlikely.

Your going to have at least 2. And thats assuming no subs and no mngs for pestigors and rotters.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2010 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

1 will be dp, the other is a wrestler most likely. You could put the wrestler on the LOS.

I personally just setup the Beast + 2 Warriors on the LOS. Beast has stand firm/guard/block & they all got block/foul appearance. It's a pain to get anything done vs them by the oppo if he doesnt field claw.

If they have mass claw then probably fielding an extra rotter (and reserving a pestigor, or the DP) just for LOS duty is the way to go. I'd likely still put the beast up in the center though.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2010 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a fairly successful Tabletop nurgle team where my two standard rotters both had block, the other one had rolled double for guard and the last one had +AG and acted as the ballcarrier, handing off to a pestigor or even passing if that was needed.

I had a bench to, but they rarely got fielded so i had to cut some of those to lower my TV.
 Jump to: