50 coaches online • Server time: 14:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barre

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the SWL Bush Leagues - Season II

Standings
The current and previous points standing can be found here: Championship Score Sheet

Draw Sheet
Check here to determine your opponent.

Introduction
Exciting news: We are moving to the new FFB client, so teams will now need to be compliant. Unfortunately it means that the existing fringe teams will not be able to take part.

The big show that is the SWL forges ever onward and upward. However, there are many pillars of strength which thrust this pinnacle of Southern Wastes Bloodbowl to it's lofty heights, one such pillar is home to the feeder clubs and the pub teams whose collective talent pool sources the rich pool of thuggery and guile, skill and determination required by the elite competition, I am of course referring to the SWL Bush Leagues.

Often the neglected as the poor cousin to the SWL, these two-bit teams have struggled for an audience, and many have grown stagnant and are all but forgotten. Now is their time to shine, call the mates, dust off the spikes, renew the health insurance, it's time to hit the big time. You have something to play for now, your coach! Well that and may be a bit of infamy on the side.

Rules
  • Each season will last 2 calendar months, all tournaments started within that period count towards the current season.
  • Only the best 5 results will be tallied for each coach on the championship table
  • In the case that a team has less than 11 players, your TV must include Journeymen the cost before submitting your team
  • Each tournament will commence on a Thursday.
  • TV limits will be given for each tournament, and will be varied.
  • New tournament announcements will be made a week prior to starting, TV limits will be included in this announcement.
  • Each round will have a 1 week deadline.
  • Extensions will not be allowed, the PM the axeman if you want points, you'll need to be convincing.
  • Unplayed games will be decided by coin toss and both coaches will be awarded 0 points for the tournament. If there is an obvious case of fault by one coach a progression will be awarded, a PM to the axeman is required for this to happen.
  • If you concede you will receive no points for the tournament
  • Participating teams must belong to the SWL Fringe group.

Scoring
Starting with 2 points for participation, for each round you progress you will be awarded points, the scoring will be the following order:
  • 2 point
  • 4 points
  • 6 points
Winner: +3 points

For example:
A team knocked out in the first round would get 2 points.
A team winning a 4 man tournament would get 7 points (4+3)
A team winning a 8 man tournament would get 9 points (6+3)

Tie breakers will be be decided first by the highest points, then by the least number of Smacks entered, the record any common games during the season will be tallied, and finally a play-off match will be arranged to decide the winner.

Points for progressing will only be awarded if a game has been played, if a team progressed by filler or by forfeit. The simple rule is this: You will only gain points by winning games.

Note: Smack have a limit of 8 teams so there will only be 3 rounds
Note: The final round of tournaments for the season will have the winner bonus doubled to 6 points!!

Tournament Starts
Not all tournaments will be played, if numbers are not sufficient then the tournament will be abandoned, the flowing decision table will be used.

3 or less applicants, tournament abandoned
4 applicants, 4 team tournament starts
5 applicants, 4 team tournament starts, 5th applicant is dropped
6-8 applicants, 8 team tournament starts, fillers used to make up numbers

Note: when fillers are used the teams which receive byes in the first round are not deemed to have "progressed" to the second round, this is for scoring purposes, a team with a first round bye can only score a maximum of 5 points for the tournament, 2 for progressing +3 for winning.

TR limits will be applied to all tournaments and will one of the following: 100, 125, 150, 175, 200 and OPEN.

Last edited by Barre on Sep 23, 2010 - 01:51; edited 7 times in total
Bobs

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

So we talking TV 1000,1250 etc.
Do we all start with new teams or can we use anything we got.??

Barre

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2010 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Any ffb team is fine, add it to the SWL Fringe group first though. Yes TR100 = TV1000 etc.

Note: Christer has not implemented FFB Tournaments though, so we will need to wait on this until it is done, hopefully it will not take too long.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In further developments, as it is unknown when FFB will be allowed tournament play I will take on manually drawing up the brackets and keeping track via the scoring spreadsheet. If you are in a Smack you can no longer use your team until you are knocked out, naturally. Look for the first round announcement soon.

Please note the change in the original post, we now have a new scoring system for the championship, only your best 5 results are included towards the championship. I am expecting to change the final round bonus to make it a little less decisive with the new system.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 1 games Send me a PM if you are interested

You will need to apply your teams here.

Commencing: Thursday, 16th September
Time: 8pm
Size: 4 Teams (8 max.)
Rating: TV1000 AND/OR TV1250

Participants 1000:
  1. Tomay
  2. Uncle_Smed
  3. relaxed_dave
  4. bobsarmy
  5. oryx
  6. Chavo
  7. Luohghcra
  8. Smegish

Participants 1250:
  1. Miyuso
  2. Tomay
  3. Uncle_Smed
  4. bobsarmy
  5. Chavo
  6. Drokmar
  7. Redgum
  8. JoeKano

Last edited by Barre on Sep 21, 2010 - 09:51; edited 11 times in total
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to throw the Amritsar Immortals in for the 1250, not sure about the 1000, since I have no new teams atm
Uncle_Smed

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My Northmen seek the glory of 1250, while the Give us a Kiss Army will hop along into the 1000 please Barre
relaxed_dave

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The Deadly Wastes FC will sign up for the 1000
Bobs

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Like i really need sleep anyway Smile
Dark Wasters at 1000
Triple FFF at 1250
thanks Barre.

Actually thats more like you guys dont need sleep.

oryx

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a good 125 team, but I'll enter brattwursten necros veritas into the tv 100 group.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo enter a bad 1250 team then, we dont mind. Wink

Smegish

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, throw my 1000 Norse in.

I'd throw my 1160 Helf in as well, but they are only under 1250 because of missing players, and the 2 journeymen would bring them over the cap...
Redgum

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My Chaotic Chimera at tv1000 please. Unless journeymen put them over 1000. Not quite sure how that works. I'll put my Slann in at 1000 if the pact don't fit so either way lock me in mate!

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok it's apparent that this could become an issue down the track so I am going to make this as straight forward as can be.

In the case or a team unable to field 11 players, you will need to determine your teams TV after journeymen have filled out your roster. So as an example, an 8 man Norse team with TV1200 would be adjusted to TV1350 (3 linemen at 50k each)

This is the best solution I think as it removes any unnecessary deliberation, or any possible exploitation. I welcome discussion if you feel there is a better solution, however in the mean time this is what we will be using.

Last edited by Barre on Sep 16, 2010 - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Barre

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Redgum: sorry mate TV1000 just filled, you can either trade up or wait till next week, for this first season there will be quite a lot of tv1000 smacks.