47 coaches online • Server time: 20:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

New client = new teams! (Right Shadow Wink )

Fluff
For centuries they hid beneath the beds of children, haunted mansions, and disrupted farmers across the lands. It was said that they even graced the greatest of Blood Bowl stadiums, mostly causing havoc in lavatories and stealing food from fans, though once an enraged group of Bogies went as far as to cause a shock upset in the Grand Tournament. Having heard the head coach of the much favoured squad question their existence, as many did, they set out to disrupt and alter the result of the match through devious tricks and traps. Of course, the coach blamed the loss on bad luck, which further enraged the secretive creatures.

From the shadows they came, twisted, disfigured and mean spirited, ready to take to the pitch to show the were very real, ...and very ready for Stunty!

They play Blood Bowl as they lived for centuries, for their own amusement and to reap havoc. The violent nature of the sport has further heightened their desire to not merely disrupt, but to inflict pain upon their opponents. While winning brings them some enjoyment, they revel in the pleasure of seeing opposing players tripped up, brought down and maimed.

Roster
0-1 Bogeyman 5/5/1/9 Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Grab, Loner, Regeneration - SM GAP - 120K
0-2 Boggles 6/2/3/7 Disturbing Presence, Jump Up, Leap, Very Long Legs, Regeneration - G ASP - 100K
0-2 Boggarts 5/1/3/5 Dodge, Foul Appearance, Stab, Stunty, Titchy - A GSP - 50K
0-16 Bogies 6/2/3/6 Stunty, Wrestle, Foul Appearance - A GSP - 50K
Apothecary: No
Rerolls: 60K

Bogies
Image Image Image Image
Bogies are the core of the team, they are the most common of the frightful Bogeys. Twisted little mean spirited creatures, they aim to wreak havoc. Living under beds, in wells, and all manner of dark places for countless decades, they've become adapt and quickly reaching out and grabbing passers by, wrestling them to the ground and tripping them up.

- Skill reasoning: I swapped Dodge with Wrestle to show their more attacking/engaged nature. The hand from under the bed. They prefer to hassle others instead of running away. Also, they have FA to represent their hideousness, caused partly by appearance, and part by stories retold to children through generations. Bogies are not powerful enough to regenerate, ensuring a constant flow of new ones through the team's dugout.

Boggarts
Image Image Image Image
Boggarts are small bundles of rage and teeth. They love nothing more than causing mischief, running amok and biting anything they can find with their over-sized mouth of razor teeth.

- Skill reasoning: They are not disimilar to Snotlings with insane teeth and appetites (Stab Skill). They have FA, as one look at the row of razor sharp teeth is usually enough to keep most at bay. Like the Bogies, they cannot regenerate.

Boggles
Image Image
Part apparition, part manifestation of terror, these teetering scarecrow-like monstrosities bounce around the pitch like maniacal pogo-sticks, spreading an evil air of despair and fear. From the fields they've been recruited by the Bogies and Bogeymen, leaving the birds to have their way with many a farmer's crops.

- Skill reasoning: VLL and Leap for the scarecrow pogostick effect (In the solid form they have assumed, they have no traditional legs) and DP for the aura they give off, which they used to ward off birds and such from crops. They can regenerate, being part ghost and animated.

Bogeyman
The Bogeyman is the true terror of the team. Larger and meaner than the Bogies, they rejoice in the chance to kill and maim openly on the pitch. The Bogeyman is the most feared of all Bogeys, and they've earned their vicious notoriety. Unlike the Bogies, who by nature look to harass, the Bogeyman looks to harm. Once in the grasp of a Bogeyman, few live to tell the tale of it. They are large, disgusting entities that can take on a variety of different disturbing appearances.

- Skill reasoning: They are a grotesque supernatural entity, hence DP, FA , mutation access & Regeneration. Additionally, they don't want anything they can inflict pain on getting away from them, hence Grab.

Notes

This is the latest version of the team, with many thanks to all who contributed their time to help balance it out.

Originally, I used the standard BB guide for new players to formulate the costs, hopefully they are all correct and reasonable. I think the team is fairly well balanced, with some interesting quirks to make them a bit different to play and worth considering as a new and unique team.

I'm positive that an icon set for them would be made available if they are included in Stunty. Wink

It still needs some minor tweaking and the fluff is in need of more love. I would appreciate any feedback.

Alternate team names for Shadow: Nightlings, Darklings, Underlings, Boglings, Underthebedlings, and Bump-in-the-nightlings.

Original Roster for reference and the lulz:

Team
0-16 Boggarts 6/2/3/6 Stunty, Wrestle, Foul Appearance - A GSMP - 60K
0-2 Boggart Pranksters 5/1/3/5 Stunty, Titchy, Dodge, Stab, Side Step - A GSP - 30K
0-2 Bogles 6/3/3/7 Leap, VLL, Disturbing Presence, Regeneration - GS AMP - 120K
0-2 Bogeymen 5/4/1/8 Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Grab, Regeneration - GSM AP - 120K
Apothecary: No
Rerolls: 60K

Last edited by WhatBall on Aug 23, 2012 - 22:53; edited 10 times in total
Ancre

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Bogeymen need a price tag !!!

Apart from that, nice team. I'd try it if it came to life (er...) one day.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed. Thanks for the feedback!

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Boggarts are spiteful little creatures that love nothing more than pulling pranks on others (such as tying shoelaces together!)...

Combine the Pranksters and "normal?" Boggarts into:

50K 5 1 3 5 Diving Tackle, Wrestle, Stunty, Titchy A

Quote:
0-2 Bogles 6/3/3/7 Leap, VLL, Disturbing Presence, Regeneration - GS AMP - 120K

These would be way too good as ball carriers for Stunty Div. (Hence why Flamers have No Hands, and Spider Riders got Ag 2 & BH). And no way can they have G access! As listed these would be great players on a Regular team!
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, if you'd like to leave them at S2, I'd say Boggarts must have Decay (and still stay at 50k); that way, although they do have access to wrodge at 6 SPP (and once you start getting a few of them, you'll domino effect a lot of them onto the team), they at least have a higher death rate even than normal stunties, to counteract their linsemen-with-wrodge nature.

As a note, I still dislike wrestle in general in Stunty Leeg. Of ALL the other teams, no more than 5 people on an entire team have normal skill access to general skills (block and wrestle); and on ALL the other teams, no more than 2 have general access who don't also have bloodlust or secret weapon.

This team has up to 16 linesmen who get wrestle, and that's a HUGE benefit when you compare to how many turnovers other teams are going to be causing with their own linesmen.

As an additional note, the rest of the team ALSO goes against the general rule of no access to general skills by having FOUR positionals who have general skill access; twice as many as anyone else does (unless they have secret weapon or bloodlust), and some teams don't even have 2 such positionals.

I would say remove general access from your bogeymen.

Remember: Since no one else has tackle access (in any meaningful numbers), no one can counter dodge. Since everyone takes block on doubles, that means that your wrodge guys are going to be FanTastic.
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn has a good idea, but I would instead consider changing just the Boggarts by swapping wrestle for diving tackle.

0-16 Boggarts 6/2/3/6 Stunty, Diving Tackle, Foul Appearance - A GSMP - 60K

If nothing else, they hold others in place for the pranksters to get a good bite in....
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I would say remove general access from your bogeymen.

I'd say it needs to be removed from ALL the positions as written! Wink

Palorrin wrote:
I would instead consider changing just the Boggarts by swapping wrestle for diving tackle.

0-16 Boggarts 6/2/3/6 Stunty, Diving Tackle, Foul Appearance - A GSMP - 60K

That's kind of boring though.. I like the idea of Wrestle, it just needs to be balanced

Last edited by Craftnburn on Feb 07, 2012 - 07:18; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Palorrin, I think that's not a bad idea; but they'd be too expensive then. Going that route, I'd make them 50k.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What about:

0-16 Boggarts 6/2/3/6 Stunty, Wrestle, Foul Appearance M GASP 50k

Reasoning:
They have no idea how to be skilled - they're in blood bowl to play pranks and make a point, not because they have a clue how to play the sport. So they have no access to ANY skill types that normal players have, but rather, get access to all kinds of wierdness.

Similarly, remove G access on both the stronger varieties and replace it with M access, since they still don't really know how to play, but rather, bring strange ideas to the table.

Doing so, I'd probably reduce cost to 90k/110k or something.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Gremlins would seem a fitting alternate name for either the Pranksters or the Bogles.

I agree with CnB that the Bogles seem awfully good even with their cost and odd starting skills.

Also, I get the whole 'otherworldly spirits aka regen theme, but I don't see how that really justifies M access.

Additionally most teams (other than Strigs) only have two players with G access, this team has FOUR and they're all ST3 or ST4 with Mutations to boot! O_o

My suggestions: Remove M access from Boggarts. Give Bogles a negatrait (Really Stupid seems most appropriate given that as magical constructs they really need direction. This will also make it difficult for them to just bound up the pitch and use their ST3 G skills to cause havoc in the backfield), and move G & M access for Bogeymen to doubles turning them into more standard S only bigmen.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really get M access on the team at all really, much less as the ONLY skill choice...
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm suggesting the M access is representative of their traps; for instance, if you took claws, it wouldn't be claws, it would be a multitude of tiny sharp objects they pull out of seemingly no where. If you have two heads, it represents their skill at dodging the trap of other bogarts. Etc etc. Not meant to be mutations as such, but rather, peculiar skills that are not normally seen on the blood bowl pitch.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I also suggest the M access for the S3 and S4 guys (instead of G) because generally, M is not as good as G, ESPECIALLY in stunty. But it gives you skill combos that are not normally seen, and can represent the strangeness of the team, and it's unique entry into the sport, while mechanically still being balanced. It also makes up for not having a S5 (or S6) guy, without having to go to the super strength of G access (or block as a starting skill like Mechavermin)

Last edited by Nelphine on Feb 07, 2012 - 07:31; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this:

Team
0-2 Bogeymen 5/4/1/8 Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Grab, Regeneration - S GAPM - 120K
0-2 Bogles 7/2/3/7 Leap, VLL, Disturbing Presence, Wild Animal - G SAPM - 120K
0-16 Boggarts 5/1/3/5 Diving Tackle, Wrestle, Stunty, Titchy - A GSPM - 50K

Boggarts are likely to be frustrating on defense, yet still have the AG and enough MA to score.

Bogles get nice movement but WA prevents them from being great Ball handlers, and with G access they can still be very effective blitzers (especially with Leap and VLL) even at St 2

Bogeymen are pseudo BGs with no negatrait (although only St 4).

Last edited by Craftnburn on Feb 07, 2012 - 07:36; edited 2 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that team overall would be too weak to actually win, even if the Boggarts would be individually still strong due to wrodge.
 Jump to: