41 coaches online • Server time: 10:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Favourite food from a chippy?
Fish and Chips
48%
 48%  [ 26 ]
Battered Sausage and Chips
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Burger and Chips
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Savaloy Dip
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Pie and Chips
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 54

Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Since everyone is doing it I though I would add a really fun team that I have had kicking around for a long time.

ImageorImageImage ImageorImage

Team Photo -

Cresters
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ignimbrite
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Giant Crab
ImageImageImageImage

Nautican

0-16 Cresters 50,000 - 7 2 3 6 Stunty, Big Hands, Right Stuff, Dodge A
0-2 Ignimbrite 70,000 - 3 1 3 10 Regen, Dauntless Bombadier, Secret weapon G
0-1 Giant Crab 140,000 - 4 5 1 9 Loner, Bone Head, Claws, Side Step, TTM, Always Hungry S
Re-roll counter: 60,000 gold pieces each.
Apo - yes

History + Rationale for skills and player names

Nautican - Are a race of fishmen that live in the Seas between the continents of the Old World and Amorica. They are typically a peaceful race, isolated from the land dwellers and un-interested by the wars that ravaged the lands above for many years.

Their existence in the Old World has always been in question. Fishermen in the port towns of Estalia to Araby told tales of small creatures with webbed feet and hands surfing on the crests of waves, then disapearing under the waves never to be seen again. The local towns folk never believed the rumours and even pilloried some sailors for telling such tales.

All this changed when the wars above ground to a halt and the different land dwelling races started playing Boodbowl. The Nautican witches interecepted the transmissions of the games being broadcast by the NBC (Necromancers Broadcasting Circle) and watched the teams competing in this brutal sport. The Nauticans king who had grown tired of the peaceful life under the waves ordered his followers to create a team and to go forth to the lands above to test his greatest warriors in a game of Bloodbowl. The king was not stupid and having watched many games from his palace in the depths, he was all to aware of how terrible the Ogre teams were and so he decided his team would face them in their first game.

Once word spread of the game - Humans, Orcs and beasts traveled from far and wide to see the Nauticans reveal them self to the world and compete in their first game of Bloodbowl.

The game however did not last long. The Nauticans team was made of a Giant Crab, Cresters - the Nautican Kings royal soldiers and Ignimrite; a volcanic ash that transforms its self into the shape of the nearest living creature and capable of projecting balls of larva from within, both possible because of an incantation placed upon the ashy substance by the sea witches.

The Nauticans received the kick off first, and the Giant Crab tried to throw a crester down field with the ball but its claws slipped and sliced the Crester clean in half. The Ogres, realising that those giant crab claws could hurt them proceeded to gang up on the crab crushing it and ripping its limbs off in seconds. Meanwhile the Ogres sent their Snotlings to run interference against the Ignimbrite. The snotlings were very suprised to find that as they approached the morphing wet ash the Ignimbrite turned into grey Snotlings. The Snotlings were overjoyed to see an opponent that they might be able to hurt and proceeded to stamp all over the Ignimbrite for the rest of the game, they could not hurt the morphing ash, but they didn't mind, they were just happy jumping up and down in the wet sand, and relieved that they may actually live to play a second game. The Cresters were disheartened watching their Crab get killed and their Ignimrite's reduced to lumps of sand, so they turned and fled back to the sea never to return again.

That is until now....

The Nautican King heard news of the newly formed Stunty Leeg and once again sent forth his team to see if they could compete in this new league.

Well there you go anyway. Hope you like it. You should be able to tell from the fluff why everyone has the skills they have, if not just ask.

Last edited by Garion on Aug 07, 2012 - 17:46; edited 19 times in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work, liking the nautical theme and nice fluff as always. And loving the fact that the Giant Crab has side step.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Double Post

Last edited by cowhead on Feb 22, 2012 - 16:37; edited 1 time in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see battered sausage and chips is getting the recognition it deserves.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You had me at 'sidestepping giant crab'......

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
You had me at 'sidestepping giant crab'......
yeah that's my favourite bit too Very Happy . That and how always hungry is used to represent the crabs claw snipping a crester in half when they try and throw them lol
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. Definately different from what I've seen of other new team proposals.

The Cresters seem a little cheap though. Take a standard gobbo and add +MA and big hands for only 10k?

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Interesting. Definately different from what I've seen of other new team proposals.

The Cresters seem a little cheap though. Take a standard gobbo and add +MA and big hands for only 10k?
yeah your probably right. Though I don't think they would be too good with this pricing. But maybe 10k more would be better or just knock 1 av off them?
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like a Saveloy and Fishcake from time to time. But the raison d'etre of the chippy is Fish & Chips.

No mention of mushy peas either. Curry sauce for the chips perhaps.

Now I seem to have acquired Always Hungry too.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think keeping the price the same and knocking down their AV would be the way to go, as the extra ma would be offset by the lower armor and give them a different 'feel' than just faster gobbos.

I suppose the bighand is to represent their webbed fingers? I think that mutation would justify the extra 10k and add an otherwise previously unused dimension (esp. with Putrifiers switching to extra arms) to this team.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I think keeping the price the same and knocking down their AV would be the way to go, as the extra ma would be offset by the lower armor and give them a different 'feel' than just faster gobbos.

I suppose the bighand is to represent their webbed fingers? I think that mutation would justify the extra 10k and add an otherwise previously unused dimension (esp. with Putrifiers switching to extra arms) to this team.

Yup thats why they have big hand. Will drop the av. That sounds good to me Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Ignimbrite 70,000 - 5 1 3 10 Regen, Dauntless Bombadier G

I think these guys are too strong (not ST-wise). No SW, regen, AV10 , and G access. They will almost un-killable and never get banned. They also don't have stunty or titchy, so that helps keep them alive longer too. With Bombadier they want to stay well back anyway so don't lose out on the positives of stunty/titchy.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Although WhatBall, the Ignimbrites are not likely to ever get any SPP; they are only S1 (although they have dauntless, but are you going to block or throw a bomb?), so opponent's are unlikely to skull against them. They have bomb, so they are unlikely to block to get a cas. They are far worse ball carriers than the crester, so are unlikely to score, although I suppose they could be passers - in fact, with bomb, all their doubles are likely to go to passing, so they will end up pretty good at passing. But either way, killing them might not happen, but it's still not likely to help the guy; he's got all the skills he wants right to start (bombardier), except passing skills, which are doubles (which is a good thing I think in this case).

However, I agree about the G access - why does lava that copies people around it (almost all of whom do not have G access) have the ability to get those skills? I would think A access, as it copies the cresters; or S access because it's made out of super hard lava.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

They are meant to be un-killable as per their fluff. I really disagree with you though. They have st1 no dodge or stunty. So they are not mobile. If anyone hits them they will go down and will be unlikely to escape. Bomb is a nice skill but in the context of the team it is needed. They have a big guy with claw which is mostly useless in this division. Their cresters are weak and they have no other weapons. Also they can't move and throw bombs in the same turn and really you want to be under 8 squares away to avoid blowing your own guys up with a miss pass.

Last edited by Garion on Feb 22, 2012 - 19:00; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion I'm sure you have it, but what's the reasoning behind the G access on the Ignimbrites? (Which is an awesome name by the way) I would think either copying A access from the little ones around it, or being made of strong material for S access would make more sense. (I'm inclined to go with S, but that's me.) I guess one of the things I'm concerned with is block/tackle, and now your Ignimbrite is the team blitzer, which doesn't really seem like what you want.
 Jump to: