49 coaches online • Server time: 18:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an idea for a new Stunty Race called: Mervolk

0-16 Merman 40,000 - 4 1 3 5 Stunty, Tichy, Right Stuff, Dodge, Jump Up A
0-2 Merguard 90,000 - 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Dodge, Guard A,S,G
0-2 Mermaid 90,000 - 7 1 3 6 Stunty, Hypnotic Gaze, Dodge, Stab
0-1 Sea King (Neptun) 120,000 - 5 5 4 8 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Bombadier, Regeneration, TTM S,P
Re-roll counter: 70,000 gold.
Apo - yes

The Race went from the Deap of the Sea, with her Seesnakes and Mermans to find a new challenge and expansion of her Kingdom. The be slippy like Snakes but Armed with hard shed, strong arms und a Beautiful Human Upper Body and a lower body of a Snake and a tail fin.

The Idea we have a BG (The Seaking) who can send Lightnings down with his Trident on the Opponents, so he got Bombadier, the Mermaids are so beautiful that she can Hypnotic the Opponent and a lil knife to Stab them into the Nec when there be diverted. Merguards like the name, the strong warriors of the Race, there have to protect his race with his strong shild, so there got Guard. Mermans, Body from a Snake, So there dont have to Stay up so there got JumpUp and Tichy well there be like Snakes.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

is fish tank included?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Why (and How?) are mer-people playing a game on land? Why do fish people have jump up?

Remember, Fluff first.. then think about what abilities fit the fluff, then make a roster. I think you picked some skills you wanted on them, then made the fluff fit what you picked. You should do it the other way around.
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not, there need a new challenge. Why goes the Nagas in Warcraft on Land? Why humans go into the Sea or Air? Why Playing Horrors this Game? Daemons there only can Excist in the Aether or for a very short time out of this. Why the Fish has Jump Up, Cause there be like a snake (or eel) (only with Arms and Head) and have u ever see a Snake(eel) standup? Jump Up is there cause there dont need to Stand Up no movement malus bye standing up doesnt Exist so Jump Up.

Well Mermaids be pretty Beautiful and u can loose your Heart pretty fast on them, so wich skill I can use only when he twings to a player he can be hypnotic and its a Game and there be fighter, there not be strong and use a knife to hit them. Merguards, The protectors have the job to protect und Guard the other so Guard. And u know Neptun haver a Trident as Weapon to fire lightnings on the opponent, so I choose Bombadier. Or we cancel that and he became Multibock and Stab, Cause he Stab with his Trident.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, let me see if I can explain what I mean about fluff first..

Ok, so you want mermaids.. what stats and skills?
St1? Probably a little low, but if Human catchers are St2 I can see it
Hypnotic Gaze? good call.
Stab? ok, I can see that.
Dodge? Slippery like a fish..I'll bite (Wink)
Stunty? umm is this "The Little Mermaid"?

Overall,
7 1 3 6 Stunty, Hypnotic Gaze, Dodge, Stab
I can buy this stat line for Mermaids (assuming they're on land for some reason).

Now for another position...

Hmmm You want someone with guard, so let's create Merguards..

Do you see the difference between those two approaches?
You did the right thing making the stats of the mermaid fit the fluff, for the "mergaurds" you chose the stats/skills and then bent the fluff to match. Do you see what I mean?

There are other questions about this team as well (why are Mermen wimpier than Mermaids? (most mythology I've seen on them has Mermen as fierce warriors like your mergaurds seem to be).

Ultimately I think the issue boils down more to how the idea for the team even came to be... Much like you did with the mergaurds, it seems like you wanted to make a team, and picked "merpeople" to do it with.
 Jump to: