51 coaches online • Server time: 22:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh 6/5/2/8 Loner, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Claw, Disturbing Prescence, Foul Appearance, Regeneration SM GAP

0-2 Daemonettes 7/2/3/6 Bloodlust, No Hands, Dauntless, Claw, Frenzy, Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Prescence, Regeneration SM GAP

0-2 Pleasure Seekers 7/2/3/6 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearance, Regeneration GAM SP

0-16 Sycophants 4/2/3/6 Stunty, Diving Tackle, Regeneration, (Thrall) A GSP

No Apothecary

I wanted to do a Slaanesh team since Nurgle and Tzeentch have one, so here's an early draft.
The big problem with a Slaanesh team is not making the Daemonettes too powerful. Claw, Frenzy, Disturbing Prescence, Foul Appearance, and good movement all fit the fluff and that is a difficult set of skills to balance. Low AV seemed a great option, considering that they're mostly naked. Someone had put No Hands on their homemade Slaanesh list and I thought that that would be a good negative for them. I had thought about putting Stab on them too, because it made a logical sense, but thinking that would make them incredibly strong, I wanted to give them another drawback. Bloodlust came to mind since they're crazy, bloodthirsty killers and I thought it was a perfect fit. I loved the idea of the Daemonettes being so crazy that they hit their own teammates. I later realized that with Stab, the Daemonettes could use it to negate their Frenzy, which was not a good thing at all. Frenzy is a double-edged sword and with Stab, it became a pro with no con. I also realized that if they had S access, they could take Multiple Block easily. Again, that's not good. So, I dropped Stab, but I still like Bloodlust on them, just for the flavor. No Hands may not be necessary now, but I'm still worry that these ladies may still be too strong. I debated about whether or not to give them G, S, or A access. S was fitting, but potentially too good. The same with G. I deciced that whichever one they got, they shouldn't get the other. I decided to go with S because G makes them too reliable and I didn't want that. I wanted them to be reckless killers. So, they got S and no G. I didn't give them A access because I was going to give that to the Pleasure Seekers.

Since the Daemonettes are the blitzers, I wanted to make the Pleasure Seekers the ball handlers. I didn't want to give them G access, but I had to give it to someone and I definitely didn't want the Daemonettes to have it. I had thought about just not having anyone on the team with G access and giving the Pleasureseekers Sure Hands to start. I then figured, with just the two Deamonettes and they only having 6 AV, they'll get knocked off the pitch quite a bit, so having the Pleasureseekers being backup blitzers may not be too bad.

I was trying to think of a stunty lineman for the team, but the Slaanesh daemons are all Daemonettes and Fiends, so I was at a loss. Then I had the idea of their linemen being submissive humans in S&M gear groveling on their hands and knees. I thought this was really funny, so I've gone with that. It also fits with them being Thralls that get beat on by the Deamonettes! Being on their hands and knees all the time gives them stunty, but also makes them slow. When thinking of a skill to give them, Diving Tackle seemed like a good fit since a guy on his hands and knees should be able to trip people up really well. I realize that linemen starting with Diving Tackle may be too good, though. However, with no Dodge, no G access, and AV 6, they probably won't be on the pitch too long so it may not be too bad. I can certainly see dropping it, though. I didn't know what skill access to give them as nothing seemed to fit. S was obviously out. I thought about them having just G and dropping G access from the Pleasure Seekers, but decided against it. That left A. Since they're just humans, I didn't give them M access. I can see giving it to them for doubles or even normal, though. Maybe blessings from Slaanesh for good service or something.

The Fiend is pretty much a Snow Troll with Foul Appearance and Regeneration added. I just put one on the team. I'd considered giving them 3 AG and 7 AV and maybe 7 MV. Make them weaker, but faster and more agile, but that seemed like a bad idea. I think having two of these guys would be too good, so I cut the number to 1.

The reason for Regneration is because I figured this would be a team that liked pain. They enjoy getting hurt, so taking an injury has as much chance of exciting them as it does taking them off the pitch. With AV 6 on almost all the team, it didn't seem broken. Obviously, blanket Regeneration means no Apothecary.

I didn't put any prices on them yet. I wanted to get the skills hammered in first, if the team is even worth the effort. Please feel free to comment and criticize. You won't hurt my feelings. Like I said in another thread, 90% of homemade teams are stupidly overpowered in thier first draft. I've tried my best to keep this one balanced, but I doubt I succeded. I just want to throw it out there as a starting point and maybe a good Slaanesh team can get made out of it.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the concept of the team but surely frenzy should be Khorne's thing and Foul appearance is more Nurgle's thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I really want to see a Slaanesh team also, but the problem with doing Slaanesh is that they really should be a REGULAR BB team, not stunty.

As for "Slaaneshy" mutations/skills.. I'd say Hypnotic gaze is a must, Claw for the Daemonettes is a certainty, and even Disturbing Presence fits. I don't really think the others fit so well.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Disturbing presence I think is a really good gimmick for them and ofc claw although not so good in CRP stunty.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think frenzy is good since it's only on a few (I would probably take it off of the Fiend, and have the Fiend more of a taunting cruel rapacious creature than a frenzied psycho); I don't think they need foul appearance (although I understand it) on the Daemonettes and Fiend, especially as they are going for the 'I like pain' shtick.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Movement should be high. They should be fast and fragile with the ability to cut through armour ok.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle would be a bear as a starter skill on more than half your team, pro or jump-up might be a better option to approximate quick reflexes. Any reason you didn't just go the Dodge route?

Also Horns may fit fluff-wise better than Dauntless on the Daemonettes

Last edited by FreeRange on Feb 23, 2012 - 07:31; edited 1 time in total
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool team idea.
Good feedback so far too. I dont have that much to add atm.

SL
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I think frenzy is good since it's only on a few (I would probably take it off of the Fiend, and have the Fiend more of a taunting cruel rapacious creature than a frenzied psycho); I don't think they need foul appearance (although I understand it) on the Daemonettes and Fiend, especially as they are going for the 'I like pain' shtick.

I was originally not going to put Frenzy on the Fiends, but Frenzy is both a pro and a con and almost all Wild Animals have Frenzy, so I put it on. I would have no problem with it not being there, though. I would have no problem with them losing Foul Appearance, either.

The idea behind Foul Appearance on the Daemonettes was that players would go to block them and get entranced by their eerie beauty and stop. It's more of a mechanical application of the skill and not really 'Foul' Appearance. More like 'Hot Babe Appearance'. I wouldn't have a problem with it being done away with, though. If they did lose it, then maybe they'd have to have their AV moved up to 7, though.

For Horns, they could pick it with M access. I think a Khorne team would utilize it more, so I'd rather leave it off of them, but it wouldn't bother me if it did get put on them.

The notion behind the Frenzy was that they were crazy, bloodthirsty maniacs. It wouldn't bother me to remove it. I had occurred to me that a Khorne team would have lots of Frenzy, but I figured it'd be OK since I was only putting it on two normal players and one Big Guy and I didn't even really want to put it on the Big Guy. Another thing is that Frenzy can get players into trouble, particularly with low ST, and I liked that. I wanted the Daemonettes to be high risk/high reward.

I figured Diving Tackle would be too good for the linemen to start with, but I wanted to get other people's opinion on it. The main reason why I didn't put dodge on them is because I figured guys on their hands and knees wouldn't be all that nimble. Plus, I wanted the linemen to be kinda crappy and the Daemonettes to be really good, similar to Skaven were you have four great players and the rest of the team is fodder.

I'd love to work on a Slaanesh team for regular Blood Bowl but since the likelihood of any new teams getting added to Blood Bowl is pretty damn slim, I figured it'd be a waste of time. I've had ideas knocking around my head for quite a while, but never bothered posting them, but when it was said that some new Stunty teams might get made and other people were tossing out ideas, I figured it was a good opportunity to finally do it. If you don't think they'd work well for Stunty then that's cool. It was just an idea. If someone wants to scrap the team I made and do a completely different one, then that's fine with me, too. I'd just like to see a team with Daemonettes on it. I like Daemonttes!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2012 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As the originator of the 'Best New Stunty Teams' thread (which gives me nearly unlimited clout mwahahaha!), I was really excited about promoting a team from each of the Chaos powers. As, lets face it, regular BB will never do it. But I have serious reservations with your team fluff and balance and would like to offer some suggestions.

Let's start at the bottom:

Sycophants: Super cool fluff. What better to represent 'linos' than humans as dominated/ subjugated slaves? It's the implementation that's bothering me. Building on your fluff, how about 4/2/3/6 Dodge, Thrall A/ MSGP? Here's my thinking: DT on linos (really, almost any skill other than dodge/ stunty requires some serious thought) is WAY too good, so that's out. As regular subjugated humans, no need for stunty, but as they're on all fours, they can still 'roll' out of the way of blocks (dodge) but AREN'T stunty (which makes them both more durable and less able to get thru tackle zones). As a last resort for balancing if necessary, sure feet (to represent that they're on all fours and to counteract their MA4, but which I'm leaning against).

Pleasure Seekers: This is the position most troubling to me. Demons (regen)? Halfling Slaanesh worshippers (why so fast?) Not sure how this player fits into the team. If a demon, give them Bloodlust (they all like dominating the Sycophants), if not, elimate regen and some MA. And I'm not seeing any particular reason for G access with this player.

Daemonettes: I like the stat line. Very appropriate fluff-wise (for stunty). The skills are a problem for me. I can definately see Bloodlust, No Hands, Claw, FA (super attractive) and even DP (although could be eliminated imo). Don't see any justification for Frenzy or Dauntless. This would be the ONLY player to add General access imo.

Fiend: My thinking would be as follows:

6/5/2/8 Loner, Bloodlust, Claw, Foul Appearance, Prehensile Tail (the tongue) Regen SM/GAP. A really (single) versatile big guy but still subject to the teams overall bloodlust for the Sycophants.

Although the overall team feel somewhat similar to Strigs, it seem different and balanced enough to warrant further consideration. And I'd love for Stunty to have a Chaos team for each of the four Powers.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Sep 06, 2012 - 06:06; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2012 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 for more Chaos stunty. Not sure I agree with the FA as distractingly hot appearance argument though. By human standards, maybe, but to a snotling, squig, horror, skaven, or giant spider?

Pleasure Seekers I took to be drugged-up human perverts, the huge doses of opiates in their system explaining low ST & Regen, but then I'd expect them to be slower too.

Sycophants should definitely have M access, at least on doubles. Anyone who hangs round with Chaos worshippers is at risk of being warped by their influence.

And lastly, I'd agree with Bloodlust rather than WA on the Fiend.