31 coaches online • Server time: 11:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea having Darwin as a Star.
Ag 4 Big Hand, Stunty, and Dodge is certainly "Star" material!
2+ Leap, 2+ dodges (with RR) Anywhere, 2+ Pickups Anywhere! Your opponent had better not let that ball hit the ground!

As for Goliath I don't know.. maybe bring back the Firebelly Toad (Yes I know toads aren't frogs but it sounds cool!) as a Star?

Going this route however makes your Spitting Frogs your primary ball carriers (not that that's a bad thing).
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I've changed it so you can have 2 Frogzillas now that are 2 less positionals and most other Stunty teams have 2-3 Big Guys. What do you think about changing the name of the Frogzillas to Goliaths (The Largest Frogs in the world)and making Frogzilla a Fire Breathing Star Player.
MA 4 ST 6 AG 1 AV 9 150k
Loner, Accurate, Bombadier, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Strong Arm

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
I've changed it so you can have 2 Frogzillas now that are 2 less positionals and most other Stunty teams have 2-3 Big Guys. What do you think about changing the name of the Frogzillas to Goliaths (The Largest Frogs in the world)
Goliath Frog is fine and makes good sense (although nothing wrong with Giant Frog imo).

cowhead wrote:
making Frogzilla a Fire Breathing Star Player.
MA 4 ST 6 AG 1 AV 9 150k
Loner, Accurate, Bombadier, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Strong Arm
I'd think just Bombardier, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Mighty Blow, No Hands would be enough for a mean star..

But would anyone use a bomb on an Ag1 player?

What about:
5 5 3 8 Loner, Bombardier, Leap, Juggernaut, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Very Long Legs

Basically a more powerful and intelligent Goliath who can spit fireballs.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I can go with that, but I think it should keep the ST 6

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
I can go with that, but I think it should keep the ST 6
Then he'll have to be mucho expensive, like 300K+ (which is ok, since he shouldn't be turning up all the time) because that'll let the team have 3 Big guys. Frogzilla is kind of like the Morg of the frog scene! Wink
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated the icons

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by cowhead on Mar 02, 2012 - 11:35; edited 20 times in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This is how the team stands at the moment

Zapped!

Rerolls 60k
Goliath Frog 0-2 130k Image Image
The 1st attempts at Transmogrification resulted in a quickening of the Frogs growth rates ctreating these Behemoths of the Frog world, it also has a long tongue which can trip unwary opponents.
MA 5 ST 5 AG 3 AV 8 S(GAP)
Loner, Leap, Prehensile Tail, No Hands, Very Long Legs, Wild Animal

Bull Frog 0-2 70k Image Image Image Image
The Wizards were still in the early stages, they tried to grow the Frogs some limbs but the legs just didn't stop growing and horns sprouted out of its head.
MA 6 ST 2 AG 3 AV 6 G(APS)
Horns, Leap, No Hands, Very Long Legs

Spitting Frog 0-2 60k Image Image
These strange looking Frogs have four legs and a large sucker for a mouth where they can suck in vast amounts of air which can be used to propel anything large distances. Although they will occassionally swallow something or someone.
MA 5 ST 2 AG 3 AV 7 P(GAS)
Always Hungry, Hail Mary Pass, Throw Team Mate

Dart Frog 0-16 50k Image Image Image Image Image Image
These Frogs were the most common of the Frogs created. Their front legs webbing expanded in towards its body giving the impression of wings and the ability to glide long distances.
MA 6 ST 1 AG 3 AV 6 A(GPS)
Dodge, Leap, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy, Very Long Legs

Star Players
Darwin 100k Image Image
A freak of nature with one large hand sticking out the top of its head, and a damn fine Blood Bowl Player.
MA 6 ST 1 AG 4 AV 6
Loner, Big Hand, Dodge, Leap, Stunty, Very Long Legs

Frogzilla 240k Image Image
A biped firebreathing giant frog with no upper limbs.
MA 5 ST 6 AG 3 AV 8
Loner, Bombadier, Juggernaut, Leap, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Very Long Legs

Last edited by cowhead on Mar 12, 2012 - 22:22; edited 27 times in total
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

HaHa, this is an awesome idea. Slann are not yet represented in stunty & I love this!
I do think, however, that maybe the goliaths & spitters could be knocked down to ag2.
I'm also not sure about the bull frogs having general access, but w/ no hands it might be ok.
Awesome icons btw!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree about reducing the spitters AG to 2 as they are the main ball handlers for the team

The Goliaths were originally AG 1 i think, but it made giving them Leap, VLL redundant, so at CB's suggestion I raised their AG to 3 allowing greater mobility to encourage leaping.

I was also a little hesitant to give the Bull Frogs G access but having a look at other Stunty Rosters I found there to be quite a few Positionals with G access and with the Bull Frogs 'No Hands' didn't think it to outrageous.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
I do think, however, that maybe the goliaths & spitters could be knocked down to ag2.
Why?
On1

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have a sideview of the Goliath?!!! Razz (also you called it "goliaths" in the team thingy above, i guess it's not plural)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For consistency (I also think it sounds better) I think all the names should end in Frog.. e.g. Goliath Frog, Bull Frog, Spitting Frog, Dart Frog.
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

OK names have been changed

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm actually... When you used Zap back in the days, i think you used a "toad counter" to represent the victim. Wouldn't it make more sense to name them toads? Razz

This messes up the "bull frog" horns concept though.

Horny Toad? O_o
cowhead

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure what version I had but i distinctly remember it turning your player into a Frog, I even got a frog counter with the game when I bought it. It was with the old polystyrine board. I think i've still got the counter somewhere.

In this version of the rules http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/58520/Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf?t=129..
you can get it as a Random Event, check page 62 the 8 of Clubs
 Jump to: