53 coaches online • Server time: 13:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead Halflings

0-2 Deadwood 120000 2/5/1/10 Loner, Always Hungry, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Strong Arm, Thick Skull, Take Root, Throw Team-Mate, Tentacles, Regeneration S GAP

0-1 Halfling Vampire 90000 5/3/3/7 Bloodlust, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration GA SP

0-1 Halfling Werewolf 90000 7/2/3/6 Loner, Claw, Dodge, Stunty, Dauntless, Right Stuff, Frenzy, Regeneration GA SP

0-1 Halfling Witch 60000 5/1/3/6 Bombardier, Secret Weapon (8+), Dodge, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Stunty, Right Stuff AP GS

0-1 Maniac 5/2/3/6 60000 Chainsaw, Secret Weapon (7+), Regeneration, Right Stuff A GSP

0-16 Halfling Zombie 40000 4/2/2/7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, Thick Skull, Regeneration, (Thrall) A GSP

Rerolls: 50000
No Apothecary
Igor Inducement
Halfling Necromancer (only works when you kill a stunty)
No discount Chef

Stars:
Mincemeat The Mad Butcher
Tasty Tom
Igor
Lorebass
Shadow
King Tot
Baron von Spivakosky

Fluff:
The Halflings living on the border of The Moot and Sylvania have long been victim to the dark terrors of the cursed land. Those that aren't killed often find themselves infected with Vampirism, Lycanthropy, or some other horrible curse just as Humans are. Often shunned by their fellow Halflings, the cursed ones fled to the dark forests on the edge of The Moot. Over time, communities of cursed Halflings formed and many of their inhabitants began to learn the dark Necromantic arts.

While most Halflings of the Moot look at the haunted woods with fear and disdain, several Halfling Blood Bowl coaches saw them as an opportunity! The 'curses' of Vampirism and Lycanthrope are a blessing on the Blood Bowl pitch. Though slow and awkward, zombie Halflings don't mind getting killed once in a while. The best part of all is the lower upkeep. The biggest expense of the Halfling Coach is feeding a team of ever-hungry Halflings, but Undead Halflings don't require nearly as much food. They prefer to dine on their opponents!

Last edited by MisterFurious on Mar 04, 2013 - 22:17; edited 12 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

dead halfings are funnier

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea a lot!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that a lot as well - I think that titchy is fitting better to nearly intangible ghosts though
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a halfling zombie should have 3/2/2/6 - simply because normal zombies get -2 MA and -1 AG compared to a human lineman.

Would also help balancing out the very strong positionals. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the more interesting S suggestions out there =)

SL
alonut

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Overpowered!!! Dodge, Claw, Frenzy and dauntless? Why not just give that pup Pile On too to finish it off?!! :-S.

Seriously though, good idea but just needs balancing a little, just my 2 cents Smile
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome idea, the undead need some stunty love.

Titchy is a good fit on the Ghosts, maybe go ag3 and add fend?

Halfling zombie does need 1 less armour, though I do think 4 mv is bad enough

Dauntless may be a bit much on the wolf though I do think Loner and str 3 would be better as this is a pretty weak team overall strength-wise
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Also: Werewolf pup should have A access, not S access, just like it's parents. This is still stunty, and S access is super rare.

I also agree on dropping halflings armour to 6, and suggest the vampire drops to 7.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

alonut wrote:

Seriously though, good idea but just needs balancing a little, just my 2 cents Smile

That's the point of the thread! Very Happy

So, we've got Titchy and 3 AG on the Ghosts, A instead of S on the Werepups, 7 AV on the Vampire, and 3 MV on the Zombies. I can live with all that.

What about giving the Werepup GA and the Vampire GS? Another option is to just make the Vampire Halfling a Vampling with the same stats as the Strigoyan one. That's really good, but there's just one on the team. I can weaken the Werepup to compensate. Maybe remove the G access from them and just give them A?

My original thinking was that most teams get at least two guys with G access. Since this team was full of 0-1 positionals, I thought two should get G and I thought it would be cool if one got GA and the other GS. Since the Werepup is the crazy animal, I gave him the GS and the Vampire the GA since he's more refined and sophisticated. I also felt the team needed a Big Guy killer since they only get one Big Guy themselves and it has Take Root so I was priming the Werepup for that role. All that said, I'm a big believer in balance and if that setup is too good, then I'll gladly change it up.

Last edited by MisterFurious on Feb 25, 2012 - 07:44; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say give the werepup GA, keep the halfling vamp S3, and give the halfling vamp GAS. There is only one on the team, and it has bloodlust. But I would drop the halfling to ma 5 to compensate for the extra skill access. I'd drop the leader though; as much as he is the leader, he leads by biting, not by teaching.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A few thoughts before I got to bed.

1) At first, I liked the idea of zombies going down to MV 3, but the more I thought about it, the more I disliked it. 4 MV is still really slow and since the zombies are also thralls, they being so much slower than the Vampire and (possibly) Werepup will be very problematic, particularly if there's only three or four of them on the pitch. Plus, with 3 MV, there's no hope of tossing one towards an endzone. 4 MV is horrible odds as it is!

2) Would it be too much for the team to have two Trees? I put it at one when they were 6 ST, but after knocking the ST down to 5, it might not be so bad to have two. I have no preference either way.

3) What if the Werepups had S access, but no G? That means no Block, Wrestle, or Tackle without doubles. Just a thought.

4) What if the Vampire had A access, but no G, and had 4 AG? That would be in addition to the Werepup not having G access, so the team would have none. Too good? Again, it's just a thought.

5) Fend on the Ghosts seems a little on the strong side to me. What does everyone else think?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT IDEA!

Not convinced about the Witch idea though. Why is she hanging out with a bunch of flings?

The werepup is maybe best being skilled as a stunty Werewolf.
0-2 Werepup 7/2/3/7 Claw, Frenzy, Stunty, Right Stuff A GSP

I like the Huorn (Spooky Treeman) idea. Good fluff.
alonut

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe instead of the witch it could be an Evil 'Fling chef throwing his steaming cooking pots around full of his boiling hot creations?!!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Roster name: Cryptlings, Gravelings, Tomblings

Last edited by Balle2000 on Feb 25, 2012 - 11:49; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: