45 coaches online • Server time: 17:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Written this in about 10 minutes...it's only a framework of an idea, I haven't given much thought to skills, fluff or balance. I don't even like the name much Very Happy. Any amendments are welcomed...

Quoloth the Mad

8 2 4 7,
Loner, Dodge, Stunty, Stakes, Leap, Frenzy, Dauntless, No Hands, Wild Animal, Secret Weapon, Dirty Player
150k?
Teams: Skink, Forest Goblin

Quoloth grew up a bloodbowl fanatic of a skink. That is to say, a BLOODbowl fanatic. He managed to earn a spot in the Lustrian Cobras, but after stamping on a downed Saurus in training, breaking his leg, he got sacked.

Luckily for the entertainment of countless crowds, his enthusiasm for the kill was spotted by a Stunty Leeg coach who was watching that training session. He took Quoloth on and trained him as a Raptor. Quoloth loved his new life! He got to kill everything in front of him, and there were no pesky rules to hold him back.

His life took a distinct turn for the different after a game against Da Venamus Spidas, a forest goblin team of some renown. After he leapt onto the back of a spider and broke each of it's legs in turn, the Shaman's kidnapped him from the after match party. They tied big stakes to his fist, and tried to retrain him into a psychopathic Stikka, to take on the big boys. Over and over, a shaman stood over him with "Uz Goblinz. We gud! You Goblin! You gud!" ringing in his ears, as the mushrooms warped his fragile mind.

3 weeks later, their creation was ready for play. They took his cage to the side of the pitch, aimed it at the opposing minotaur and opened the door. Quoloth ran! Quoloth leapt! Quoloth stabbed both spikes down, directly between the horns! As the minotaur collapsed, the shamans cheered and rejoiced....noticing far too late their crazy creation keeping going in a straight line, looking for the next thing to kill.

Some Stunty Leeg teams claim that they keep track of Quoloth, and where his maddened rampages take him next. They bring out trained handlers and capture him, unleashing him on the pitch at the start of a game. He does maintain some loyalty, and Forest Goblin and Skink teams are able to keep him under control for a short period of time, giving him rudimentary kill directions. Nobody can keep Quoloth for long however, and as soon as the teams start filing off the pitch, he's gone, looking for the next challenge.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol at Shadow not playing for the Horrors.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a great start.

My thoughts:

I think you can remove Wild Animal and Secret Weapon. WA just won't work well on a Stunty, even though the fluff points to it, Frenzy is enough imo. Change the fluff so that the Goblin Shaman transformation involved the breaking of arms and melding of other beasts' bones, leaving him with extra stake protruding from the back of the wrists. Just draw out the time under reprogramming.

I'd consider Mighty Blow, and or, Piling On too. PO probably better fit his fluff. Make him a true psycho.

Both the Skinks and Forest Gobs will need a cheaper star too though.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cliff Oberwald Human 320,000 7 4 4 8 Loner, Block, Dodge, Fend, Sprint, Sure Feet, Take Root (3x Niggle)

Cliff is Griffs older, unfitter brother. Cliff never made it in the big leagues due to some nasty early injuries in his career. Playing now in the stunty league, Cliff can be a force to be feared but his gross unfitness means he has to stop to take a rest now and then. Often mid drive!.

Teams : Halflings
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of Cliff, but how is he unfit with those impressive stats and skills? The MA, and AG especially, and Sprint? It doesn't say unfit to me. I like the niggle idea, but it is not enough to sell the player as unfit.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Shadow
8/2/4/9 - 130K
Loner, Shadowing, Dodge, Side Step, Strip Ball, Stunty, No Hands, Regeneration

All teams except Tzeentch

The Shadow was a star Blood Blow player back in the time before it gained a renewed popularity. Legend tells tale of an epic match between the two most powerful teams facing off for the original Blood Bowl, now lost, perhaps forever. The year is known, but the exact century uncertain, some historians cite 2164, others 2064, while a few believe 2264 is the correct date. The uncertainty has lead to the year being known as 2X64.

Lore speaks of a heroic player, whose true name is now lost, leading his team to victory on that day. Known only to him at the time, the act was not only heroic, but self-sacrificing. He had gone against the god Tzeentch, who favouring the other side, had promised the star countless reward and unimaginable power to throw the game.

Moments after he crossed the goal line to win the match in the dying minutes, the furious Tzeentch struck, trying to smite him out of existence, while causing as much pain and agony as possible. The powerful gods supporting the winning side tried to intercede, and what happened next is a blur. Almsot every witnesses' account of it varies, but what is known, is that what was borne out of it was no longer human, nor spirit. The dark figure fluctuates now between the ethereal and corporal, still pursuing the game he loves for anyone who will have him, especially if he is given the chance to defeat the hated Tzeentch. He particularity loves to play for Bogey and Goblin Cheater teams.

Skill reasoning:
Shadowing, well, duh! Razz
High AG and Stunty to show semi-solid state and ability to move around.
No Hands to represent inability to hold the ball for any length of time, but this phasing also allows Shadow to get in and steal the ball more easily, he just can't maintain it. Regen, well, the Shadow is supernatural now.

*Any similarity between this star player and those described herein and members of FUMBBL is purely coincidental. This is in no way an attempt to "kiss butt" or sneak in a personal roster into Stunty either. Smile

You mean like that? Razz

That will teach me for not reading the full thread....

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
snip

You spelled Plaugewind wrong and forgot the 'Gorilla' after Gong the Giant Gorilla! Also, I changed Bonegnawer's fluff from a badly put together Rat Ogre (which didn't fit Warhammer fluff), to just a smaller Rat Ogre, so Decay doesn't fit anymore. You can leave it on 'King Tot', though. Also, is Tasty Tom supposed to be 900,000? Seems pretty steep! Very Happy

I'd also like to propose that Cusimano the Gentle Giant be like the Morg 'n Thorg of the Stunty Leeg were every team gets to hire him.

I also think that Doom Diver Catapult is OK for the name since it's a machine and there isn't one on any roster. The Deathroller should have a name, though. Something 'Meatgrinder' maybe? Mad Mark the Meatgrinder?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterFurious wrote:
You spelled Plaugewind wrong

So did you. Razz Will fix it.

MisterFurious wrote:
and forgot the 'Gorilla' after Gong the Giant Gorilla!

Will fix.

MisterFurious wrote:
Also, I changed Bonegnawer's fluff from a badly put together Rat Ogre (which didn't fit Warhammer fluff), to just a smaller Rat Ogre, so Decay doesn't fit anymore. You can leave it on 'King Tot', though.

Will fix.

MisterFurious wrote:
Also, is Tasty Tom supposed to be 900,000? Seems pretty steep! Very Happy

He's become a diva, what can I say. Medical bills are steep too.

MisterFurious wrote:
I'd also like to propose that Cusimano the Gentle Giant be like the Morg 'n Thorg of the Stunty Leeg were every team gets to hire him.

Sounds ok. What teams would he not play for though? I think being the gentle giant he would abstain from some of them, no? I'm thinking no Strig as he hates them for some reason, and the Nurglings smell too badly to play with.

MisterFurious wrote:
I also think that Doom Diver Catapult is OK for the name since it's a machine and there isn't one on any roster. The Deathroller should have a name, though. Something 'Meatgrinder' maybe? Mad Mark the Meatgrinder?

Ok, but there is a Mad Gark, so another name.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

@Whatball

I've given him take root to signify his lack of fitness. The idea being that he will suffer from having to stand still fairly often so, whilst he has good stats and the like, he will only be able to use them a limited number of times.

I think also, it gives the opposing coach an interesting option. When he's resting (rooted) do you knock him down as you might injure him with the 3 niggles he has or leave him as he cant do anything. If you dont hurt him then the knockdown will unroot him allowing him to have more impact on the game.

I see him being played as an unreliable ball handler. He will likely run the ball until he roots then have to pass it off to another player to finish the job.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Stej, I missed that, sorry. Still wonder if -AG might be applicable too? Thoughts?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
MisterFurious wrote:
You spelled Plaugewind wrong

So did you. Razz Will fix it.

MisterFurious wrote:
and forgot the 'Gorilla' after Gong the Giant Gorilla!

Will fix.

MisterFurious wrote:
Also, I changed Bonegnawer's fluff from a badly put together Rat Ogre (which didn't fit Warhammer fluff), to just a smaller Rat Ogre, so Decay doesn't fit anymore. You can leave it on 'King Tot', though.

Will fix.

MisterFurious wrote:
Also, is Tasty Tom supposed to be 900,000? Seems pretty steep! Very Happy

He's become a diva, what can I say. Medical bills are steep too.

MisterFurious wrote:

Sounds ok. What teams would he not play for though? I think being the gentle giant he would abstain from some of them, no? I'm thinking no Strig as he hates them for some reason, and the Nurglings smell too badly to play with.

MisterFurious wrote:

Ok, but there is a Mad Gark, so another name.

Morris the Meatgrinder?

Sounds good about Cusimano not playing on those teams. That was just an idea I was throwing out and if it doesn't fit fluffwise, then by all means, disregard it. In fact, maybe someone can come up with a different star that can be the Stunty equivalent of Morg. That's probably a better idea.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If we take out "the" I think Morris Meatgrinder works well.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

One possibility would be to let Cusimano play for all the "good" teams and create a corresponding dark BG to play for all the "evil" teams.

If, however, we do want a play-for-all kind of star for stunty, may I suggest not making it a BG, but rather a really underhand type of player. The thought of a really sneaky goblin, a down-on-his-luck and terribly cynical halfling or a mischievous korrigan springs to mind.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what it looks like right now. You can see the teams that are at 6 stars, and those not at 6. Obviously, we can adjust this quite a bit. I added a bottom row of total cost for all stars (in 1000s) to gauge roughly the balance. We will need to manually ensure the cost range of star inducements is decent for each team.

I like the idea of Cusi playing for only the 'good' teams, but there are not a lot of them in Stunty it seems. Need some kind of Elven sprite team or something to help balance things perhaps?

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This is going off-topic, but what about adapting the general feel of the Bray herd concept into a good but mischievous celtic/folklore-team? I think I might give that a shot actually. *puts on thinking-hat*

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
 Jump to: