75 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Percival Pinchstik
7/2/4/7 200000
Loner, Foul Appearance, Jump Up, Leap, Very Long Legs, Dodge, Shadowing, Diving Tackle, Regeneration
Strigoyan & Bogeys

Percival Pinchstik was a rather devious Boggle, who took pleasure in ravaging fields and homes in the old country. One fateful day though he crossed a powerful gypsy, who entrapped Percival with a binding spell. Unfortunately, once she had charmed Percival, she knew not what to do with this troublesome miscreant. By chance, a powerful Count heard of this odd creature, and thought it would be perfect for protecting his lavish estate. And so it was that Percival Pinchstik found himself in the service of one Count Luthor Von Drakenborg.

As the Count's liege, Percival protected the grounds from beasts and paparazzi alike. Seeing the manner in which Percival handled these transgressors, the Count began to employ Percival for training on the scrimmage pitch at his estate. Percival was trained to try and mark the Count, taking him down if possible. Over the years, Percival became more adept at the game of Blood Bowl, the Count was in constant demand, and life was good. The two even developed a true friendship.

Then it all began to go wrong. Firstly, the rules changed, and suddenly Drakenborg found his stock greatly diminished. The Count also seemed to lose some of his dexterous ability. Rumours even suggested a particularly nasty training tackle from Percival was the cause. The money began to dry up and the Count was forced to sell off a great portion of his estate to property developers. Drakenborg decided it was best if he let Percival go free as well, now his friend who he didn't wish to lord over.

Free to roam, Percival found himself gravitating to what he had grown to love in his time with Drakenborg, the game of Blood Bowl. He now hires himself out to any Bogey or Strigoyan team that can afford his asking price and dreams of himself as the Count, back in the glory days.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2012 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Re: Cliff,

I can see the argument for the -AG but he would need to be costed down accordingly.

Im thinking he looks a bit like the fat mega man in SF x Tekken or whatever the game is
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here is the latest version of the Star Player spreadsheet. I have bumped it up to 30 stars, which is plenty I think. It is sorted by cost, which makes it much easier to view for balancing and comparing each star for costs. Based on that I made a few changes to prices here and there to balance things out as best I could. I gave King Tot Block and bumped up his cost as the teams he can play for needed a stronger mid-range star. I also gave Leeloo a niggle to decrease cost and it seems to fit the fluff of one in such a position.

You will also note the 4 yellow highlighted "stars". And I use the term loosely, because they don't exist, ...yet. These are the 4 stars needed to balance out the rosters. If you plan to make them, try and keep cost point and role in mind, as well as the teams they are slated for.

Speaking of balance, the total cost for stars is tallied bottom right. Range is only 140K, nothing huge, and Skinks have the most expensive stars, but I believe they are one of the top teams anyway, so screw you Skinks... Very Happy

I also took out Cliff Oberwald, as he was too hard to fit in anywhere. Maybe if Halflings of some sort are rostered he can be their expensive star, otherwise he is an odd duck and really screws with balancing costs.

Obviously, nothing is set in stone, or guaranteed in any way, but I think we are approaching a solid proposal for Sir Shadow, Mayor of Stuntyville.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya boo. Cliff is nota happy fat man Sad
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like you may need another star for the Horrors

Dreadnaught of Tzeentch

6/3/3/8 160k
Loner , Block, Two-Heads, Mighty Blow, Big Hand, Thick Skull, Regenerate, Throw Team-mate
Teams: Horrors of Tzeentch

For the Horror coach desperate for a win the Dreadnaught of Tzeentch can be coaxed from the Changer of Ways (depending on his mood) with a suitable monetary gift and accompanying sacrifice, blackened of course.

The Dreadnaught is more solidly built than his Horror brethren looking more like a rumbling avalanche of volcanic rock contained in a roughly humanoid shape. His constantly shifting features allow him to have exceptional peripheral vision as his four eyes may be pointing in four separate directions at any one time. His hands may have any number of fingers as needed for ball handling while they may just look like a solid mass of stone when it comes to clobbering time.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
Looks like you may need another star for the Horrors.

Per the list, need an evil star in the 90K range who will play on multiple teams. Trying to avoid too many team specific stars. Currently the Horrors and Fairies each have one (and the C'flings in the coming update) and that is enough.

Give me a few minutes and I will get a small update posted.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what I was thinking.

Added the skills for the 4 missing stars with costs and a vague idea of what they should be. We have:
- A 70K Brownie ball handler for the good guys
- A 90K Gnoblar ball handler to fill some of the bad guys' needs
- A 230K Crypt Ghoul beast for the Strigs and Horrors. He should be a Baron (lowest nobility) Somethingorother. A mean Count for Stunty, with more bash than balling.
- A 320K really big big guy for the evil teams to counter Cusi for the good guys. Maybe even a small hill giant or something?

Skills and costs are all done, just need really good fluff and names. A good opportunity for someone wanting to help, but not figure out stats.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thundershout Gristlegnasher (BB comp3) should be in here to oppose the gentle giant. Insatiable appetite(eating sheep (gold) or fans after every game), stomping on players during the match and splatting on people when he falls. What more could anyone want in stunty?? Surprised
Though I admit his s7 is quite extravagant in BB even if it is appropriate for him. Could be adjusted down.
Block, mighty blow, piling on, very long legs, stand firm, throw team mate.

His special rules were:

Insatiable Appetite: Must be given 10,000GP worth of sheep after every game (deduct 10K from Treasury) or lose 1 Fan factor.

Splat!: Whenever he's knocked over, he falls in a random direction using D8. The ball scatter template is placed next to the giant's feet in the direction indicated.(normally 9 squares are covered). Any players covered have to make a basic agility roll or are knocked over and suffer automatic injury.

Stomp: One per turn instead of the team's foul action, he may stomp on any player in the three squares to his front. Straight armour roll + his strength (7). (GULP!!)
On a roll of one he trips and falls over.(Use Splat! rules)

...Hmm maybe stomp was too effective! Perhaps av +3. Also the fan factor bit was fun but should not be used in lrb6 instead of gold as it helps teams.
Always hungry would be a good option.

Last edited by garyt1 on Mar 01, 2012 - 19:31; edited 2 times in total
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Blarney Bill Bastidge
Brownie Star
6/1/3/7 Loner, Dodge, Right Stuff, Fend, Stunty, Stab, Sure Hands, Titchy
Teams: Fairies, Gnome, Pygmy, Snotling, ?

Known for his quick hands and even quicker temper Blarney Bill Bastidge has earned his reputation as one of the best Stunty scorers around that no coach wants on his team. Bill’s surly attitude, uncoachability, and the penchant for taking slight at almost anything (which often resorts in a extremely bloody shanking), keeps most coaches far away. But for those desperate few Bill’s unquestioned skill keeps him on the pitch for those teams willing to pay the price, in gold and in trips to the apothecary.

Last edited by FreeRange on Mar 01, 2012 - 22:43; edited 2 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks FR, like it. Titchy is free cost-wise, so it gives him a +2 to go anywhere with 3AG, so the AG4 isn't needed. That way we can keep the Sure Hands. I think throwing in Stab works as well with the fluff for him. Might need to inch up to 80K, but that is within the right range.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The other option we can do for the Gnoblar star at 90K is to drop AG to 3 and give the player Two Heads and Extra Arms for some flavour. A warped Gnob would be unique.

Thoughts?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Can Gormak da Meanest Squig get dodge (for no price change)? I'm looking at him, and while he's an amazing example of destruction, he's still AV 7 and bloodlusty. He costs 260k, 4 times what a Squig with 1 less strength costs, but even a gang of halflings can overpower him without too much difficulty, and he's likely to take out some of his own team on the way. Giving him dodge would at least make it so he doesn't get knocked out the first time anything breathes on him.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like an option. With AG4 and VLL he can also go anywhere. What about removing BL from him? Solves some programming issues with other teams he may play on at the same time as removing a liability?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

the big issue I have is: how many teams can easily get a 2D block against him? How many of those same teams can get a 2D block with mighty blow (or a chainsaw)? The answer would be, almost all of them. With AV 7 and no block or dodge, it is reasonably possibly for him to be removed from play after one block attempt; and with frenzy, he's likely to have that happen sooner instead of later. And for 260k, that seems unreasonable.

I don't think Bloodlust is a problem, as long as the team he's on has thralls (this is just a minor coding quible for forest goblins), and it also prevents him from using the mobility dodge (and leap) offers in many cases. I might also suggest giving him tackle, just so that he's more effective while he is on the pitch; other stars in his price range generally have higher AV 8 so that they aren't as likely to disappear.

On that note, I might consider giving Baron whomever AV 8 as well for similar reasons - if you pay for a star over 200k, then it should be at least as useful as a wizard, and if they are easily taken off the pitch in one block, I'm not sure they qualify.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Gormak looks tough enough as it is. However, removing BL would be typical for the 'Star with no negatrait' model.

Perhaps he should lose frenzy though...he's straight up nasteh!