75 coaches online • Server time: 22:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
The other option we can do for the Gnoblar star at 90K is to drop AG to 3 and give the player Two Heads and Extra Arms for some flavour. A warped Gnob would be unique.

Thoughts?

Think that is a good way to go, an unlucky Gnob who fell in to a vat of warpstone goo. I'd go ahead and give him the tail too.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

FR: Good call on the tail. Will see if it can work with the cost.

Nelphine: Added Dodge to Gormak and AV8 for the Baron, good points.

Sigmar1: Not sure about removing Frenzy. Maybe replace with Piling On if he is truly mean and nasty, otherwise keep Frenzy imo. I did remove BL. Fits as a star, he is well fed before and after games, which he uses as a nice fun distraction to maim and kill little things.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Even stars should have some weakness...I dont' think Gormak should have dodge.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Even stars should have some weakness...I dont' think Gormak should have dodge.

Why should they all have weaknesses? I think Gormak being strong is fine in relation to who he can play for and the other options they have. If not Dodge, then he should get Block. One or the other.

For the Forest Gobs, he is their only option for a really big guys. Next closest is Gong.

The Herders do have an option on the 320K BG as well, but they have no mid-range options, just expensive or the cheapies. There will not be as many options in Stunty to hire these costly players, so they should be worth it imo.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Baron von Spivakosky
Crypt Ghoul
Strigoyan & Horrors Star Player
7/4/3/7
Loner, dodge, claw, juggernaut, tackle, frenzy, diving tackle

Michal Spivakovsky was the illegitimate son of an egotistical Baron in Stirland. Due to the soft spot the old Baron had for the maid (Michal's mother) he wanted her to stay near the manor, as did Michal. With his proximity to the Baron and his two younger legitimate sons Michal developed a deep jealousy which turned to hate as he grew up in his relatively impoverished upbringing. His dislike became more obvious in the village and eventually one of the shunned workers from the cemetry near the modest home they lived told him he could help him get his rightful inheritance. He introduced him to a store of old, musty books hidden in an impressive crypt and eventually to some dark rituals. Michal's almost feverish hate of his father and increasing interest in the dark rituals which foretold of power attracted the attention of the Changer of Ways. The cemetry worker was one of his devotees and was possessed by the voice of Tzeentch, who gave Michal an offer. If he promised his soul to Tzeentch the Manor would be his. He accepted eagerly, perhaps recklessly. The next day Michal was told by the man to go to the manor and collect his reward. As he entered the manor his brothers were lying bloodied in the doorway. In the next room was the dead Baron..but alas his mother was there too with her hands on a dagger in her stomach. Her face was horribly distorted and it was clear Tzeentch had possessed her and used her as its tool for murder.. With no other heirs Michal would effectively be the Baron but in his grief he fled to the crypt to seek solace in the books. He stayed for night after night while a change slowly come upon him. His flesh withered, his limbs elongated and he felt an unnatural strength but his intelligent senses expect for rage were dulled. Bloody murders soon came all too common in the night in the area and the local villages soon became deserted.
Some day weeks later a Count found him in the cemetry and promised him a place where his rage could be unleashed on willing victims. He was taken to the Blood Bowl field and let roam in a match against a local human team. 5 were dead by the end against the frenzied creature! But he loped off back to the crypt after the match where the books of power that he hungered for remained.
Baron von Spivakovsky is a ferocious player but inbetween games he is very difficult to control so is rarely stopped from going back to the crypts. On occasion he still has strange visions from the Changer of Ways and will surface to find a Tzeentch warrior/servant waiting to lead him to service on the field for his former master. Or a vicious Vampire player who seeks another similar beast to join them.

Last edited by garyt1 on Mar 02, 2012 - 18:34; edited 3 times in total
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Garyt1 homage to old school BB,

Thundershout Gristlegnasher – Chaos Giant
5/6/2/9
Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Multiple Bock, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry

From the highlands near the Realm of Chaos these giants’ minds and bodies have been corrupted by the power of Chaos. From time to time these monstrosities will wander down from their mountain lairs to satiate their taste for blood and violence. And what better place to do that than the Blood Bowl pitch fighting beside the forces of darkness in exchange for food, drink, and gold.

The most famous (or infamous) giant among the mountain clans is one Thundershout Gristlegnasher. Gristlegnasher has acquired a taste for stunty blood and regales in the screams of the fans as well as his victims. This brute has proven to be a fickle team-mate at best, oftentimes helping himself to one of his teammates for a tasty snack. While there are coaches who would gladly overlook this character flaw Thundershout heeds no one but his own base desires and as soon as his belly and pockets are full he heads back to his mountain home much to the relief of those on the Stunty pitch.

Last edited by FreeRange on Mar 01, 2012 - 22:47; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I want a 2nd Pygmy star. Leeloo the Lion Tamer and one based on a Witch Doctor. I don't mind coming up with the fluff, but not really sure about his skills.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to change Gormak's name to Chomper da Meanest Squig. I think that sounds funnier and more fitting. You can use Gormak on someone else if anyone else needs a name.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
5/6/2/8
Loner, Bone Head, Block, Mighty Blow, Multiple Bock, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry

Yeah he is decently toned down now though perhaps he should have armour 9. Maybe 330. No more if has bonehead.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I want a 2nd Pygmy star. Leeloo the Lion Tamer and one based on a Witch Doctor. I don't mind coming up with the fluff, but not really sure about his skills.

Take a look at the spreadsheet (page 7), and see which star for the Pygmies could be dropped and make one in the appropriate same range. I would suggest a player in the 80K range to replace Blarney Bill (marked as good guy brownie).

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the Thundershout and Baron fluff. Great job Gary & FR.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
FreeRange wrote:
5/6/2/8
Loner, Bone Head, Block, Mighty Blow, Multiple Bock, Stand Firm, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry

Yeah he is decently toned down now though perhaps he should have armour 9. Maybe 330. No more if has bonehead.

I think 320 is fine with AV9, but no Block. He will get 3 dice on double blocks often enough, does not need Block. Seems to wild to have it anyway.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Take a look at the spreadsheet (page 7), and see which star for the Pygmies could be dropped and make one in the appropriate same range. I would suggest a player in the 80K range to replace Blarney Bill (marked as good guy brownie).

No not Blarney Bill! Wink

That guy has the best fluff evar!

WhatBall wrote:

I think 320 is fine with AV9, but no Block. He will get 3 dice on double blocks often enough, does not need Block. Seems to wild to have it anyway.

Seems about right to me
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok if Blarney Bill has to go, how about...

Chief Ono Spirit-Walker
Pygmy Star
6/1/3/6
Loner, Dodge, Fend, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty, Sure Hands, Titchy

In the jungles deep within Catachan tribes of pygmies have been cut off from the rest of the civilized world for generations. Over the ages these tribes have atrophied and are leaner and quicker than the rest of their pygmy brethren but honed their ancestral worship and tribal spirit magic to a degree not often seen. Powerful Shamans lead their tribes in both earthly and spiritual matters, and in their dealings with the outside world.

Chief Ono Spirit-Walker, all powerful shaman of the Wandingo tribe has embraced his tribes emergence into the world at large, especially it’s love of Blood Bowl. Chief Ono fell in love with the sport the 1st time he saw a broadcast match on CabalVision and has been a rabid fan ever since. The clever chief has devised a plan in which he can live his dream of playing Blood Bowl as well as fill the coffers of his tribe. He will take his natural agility combined with his powerful shadow magic and hire himself out to the highest bidder as a Blood Bowl Star.
PsyPhiGrad

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

How about Zohnik the Hedgehog Warrior?

There are a bunch of good ideas to be found here:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2683
and here:
http://fumbbl.com/help:StuntyLeegStarsRedux

My favourite has to be Steef Ozztin the Six Million Gold Piece Grot. How can you not love him?
 Jump to: