47 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

After years of experimentation, it has become possible for necromancers to allow the restless, deceased, stunty leeg players the chance to play blood bowl again, by giving them semi-substantial forms.

0-16 Ghosts MA5 ST2 AG3 AV6 A normal GSP doubles 40k
Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration
0-2 Banshees MA7 ST2 AG3 AV7 A normal GSP doubles 70k
Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration
0-2 Wraiths MA5 ST2 AG3 AV7 S normal GAP doubles 90k
Block, Foul Appearance, Regeneration
0-1 Vampire Lord MA6 ST5 AG4 AV9 GAS normal P doubles 140k

ReRolls 70k
No Apothecary

I gave the Banshees Hypnotic Gaze to represent the Banshee's Scream.
The Wraiths have a blitzer type roll, starting with block, however they only have strength access (except on doubles) so I think this helps balance it out.
The Vampire Lord is very powerfull as he does not have a neg trait (giving him Blood Lust would be very hard as there are no Thralls in the team, it could be offset by given Wild Animal, but this could then swing things the other way), however, compared to other stunty leeg teams he is expensive and is limited to a single player.
Thoughts and feedback welcome...

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

First Reaction: Why the heck is a Vampire Lord on an ethereal team? You simply haven't provided any fluff that warrants that. (Although you probably could). Secondly: A Vampire has bloodlust. This Vampire Lord is even better than the Vampire Lord on the Strigoyan team in stats, and yet he doesn't have bloodlust? Give him a totally different name if you don't want bloodlust. Next: An agi 4 str 5 no negatraits G access player. I would play that team if the ONLY other player was 0-16 S1 players. Finally: But instead you back him up with 2 hypno gazes, and 2 block S access players (Block/MB/PO = clawpomb of the Stunty Leeg = noooooooo bad bad bad bad).

I like the banshees; but I think they should be S1 to reflect their incorporeal nature. And the rest of the team needs a big overhaul.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:

0-1 Vampire Lord MA6 ST5 AG4 AV9 GAS normal P doubles 140k

Seriously....? Are you out of your mind?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, suddenly the comments I received on the Artificer team don't seem so bad, and it's looking a lot more balanced just by comparison Very Happy

I agree though, that vampire is over the top and not explained in the fluff at all.

On a constructive note... how about a different big, like say a

0-1 Revenant 6/4/3/8 Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence, Regen GAS/P

No negatraits, few skills, but can develop into pretty much whatever you want if you can keep him alive in the meatgrinder that is the Stunty Leeg. What is a Revenant? I don't recall exactly, I just remember them as some sort of really scary deadly undead dude, sort of like a mummy but faster.

And the Banshees scream also seems like it would be better described with Disturbing Presence than Hypno gaze. In fact, the Disturbing Presence on three players would be a fairly unique schtick that I don't believe has been done yet (other than the Beasts of Nurgle... but they're the only ones iirc).

The Wraiths may work with some tweaking... perhaps drop the block and give them G access instead of S. That would give you three players that would have G access, but none with Block to start. S access on ethereal players just seems odd, and no, S access on a player with Block does not 'balance it out' without some other major drawbacks <cough> Loner/Really Stupid/Decay <cough cough>.

A halfling with regen instead of right stuff would seem to cost more. Perhaps 50k.

Good luck with them. You just have to weather the initial onslaught of criticism and tone them down a bit I think.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, think i might need to redo some of this. Thanks for the feedback (my 1st team design so please go easy on me). Let me do some rethinking on the above and I'll make some changes

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Not knowing a huge amount about the world surrounding warhammer, am I wrong to put a vampire in with an ethereal team? Having done some google research vamps seem to be mentioned in ethereal lists.
The reason i didnt add the lust to the vamp is that it would be difficult to add thralls into the team. The count doesnt have the lust and i thought i could steal that idea. I know he's a star and i didnt expect to have a player to be that strong.
If the vamp is wrong fluff wise can someone suggest an alternative? Would golems fit????

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As written, the base team is strong enough not to require a big guy.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
As written, the base team is strong enough not to require a big guy.

I dont think a team full of st2 players would be strong enough, the only team that has that is goblin cheaters who have access to 3 different types of weapons and helpful other skills

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Phantasms (Formerly Wispforms)

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Got to agree phantasms look like a much better designed team. Can we replace the Horrors with them, please!

I guess I'm not the only one who likes to use search the forums for other old ideas for good Stunty ideas/designs.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2015 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the Vampire! But make him ST4 I reckon.

Jump to: