36 coaches online • Server time: 11:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stej

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

They come from across the forums to play BloodBowl on their own terms. Some will make the cut and develop into fully fledged rosters with balance and finesse whilst others will be vetoed by the dark shadow.

0-1 Killer Roster 6 4 3 9 Block Tackle 100k GSM/AP
Whilst they dont seem too powerful at first glance the killer roster has lots of starting skills and strength / general access on normal rolls. Against the poor stunties these rosters will have a field day

0-2 Gimic Roster 6 3 3 7 No Hands Ball & Chain Chainsaw Bombardier Pro Pass 100k G/SAM
These roster designs like to take a gimic and apply it to the entire team without realising the impact it would have.

0-4 Star Rosters 7 3 4 8 70k Block Dodge HypnoGaze 90k
The star rosters start out with some super positionals which would make any team to play. They also often have lots of annoying skills to allow them to skip though tackle zones and score score score.

0-6 Bargain Rosters 6 3 3 8 20k Wrestle GSM/A
These rosters are nicley done but lack sensible costing making the power punch for team value rather high. As one starts to pile on the skills these rosters become the epitomy of min max.

0-3 Balanced Rosters 6 2 3 7 40k Dodge Stunty A/GS
Few and far between the balanced rosters are likely to be the most fun to play and also provide a challenge. Sadly they often get overlooked and ignored on the forums as the other rosters are so much more fun to pick holes in.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Better than the LOTR one to be fair.
I am going to steal it and make it good, watch this space!

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Better than the LOTR one to be fair.
I am going to steal it and make it good, watch this space!

How come?
If you think it is too strong or too weak, we can tweak it.
And beside it fit very well with the fluff compared to preview team suggetions in my view.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Because this game is bloodbowl, not lord of the rings.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

total lack of dinosaurs makes this suck.
Also, where are the space marines?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

0-6 SPACE MARINES 4 5 2 10 200k Block, MB, PO, Claw, Railgun, GSM/A

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Because this game is bloodbowl, not lord of the rings.

So how come Halflings have Trees? All teams are based on armies, yet haflings does not have their own army book. They where part of the Empire which could field no Tree at least to my knowledge. So they halfling should maybe have ogres instead. But wait, halflings and trees together? Direct reference to LORT, no?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there are Orcs, Goblins, Elfs and Dwarfs, all direct references to LOTR by your logic.
Stunty league teams should fit the BB universe not just be your own favourites from other stories.IMO.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Well there are Orcs, Goblins, Elfs and Dwarfs, all direct references to LOTR by your logic.
Stunty league teams should fit the BB universe not just be your own favourites from other stories.IMO.

Exactly, they should fit the universe. Hence Halflings together with Trees does not make sense BB universe wise. Teams are created based on the region or army, and halflings was considered part of The Empire army book. So the Halflings should have ogres instead of Tree if to follow your logic of fit the BB universe. So by your logic, the Halflings roster should not have been created in the first place as it IMO is taken directly from LOTR.

If you have a problem with the direct reference of personal characteristics (wizard = Gandalf), fair enough. But we do have Chaos Pact and Under world where races are mixed. So why cant their be an light/alliance stunty roster?

And beside the BB universe is more humoristic, so really cant see the problem of stealing a bit form LORT if it will fit in with the BB lore.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:

And beside the BB universe is more humoristic, so really cant see the problem of stealing a bit form LORT if it will fit in with the BB lore.

Cos Tolk Enterprises will send serious men in suits.

I kid you not. They are notorious, B I G.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Stealing a bit from LOTR is fine, as that's what every fantasy writer ever has done.
However a team that just is the fellowship of the ring is about the most stupid idea I've ever heard in my life. This is of course just my own personal opinion, no offense.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile yes, but USE NO NAMES (TM)

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

jimmy's spot on...

it's getting a little tiring seeing rosters that blatantly have nothing to do with the blood bowl universe, but have been shoehorned in to get past the stipulations....

just because someone thinks up an idea and says "i want to play blood bowl with this!!" does not mean it would make a good blood bowl team, nor does it mean that the roster will make any cuts that i decide to implement...

stunty league is not "i made it, i want to play it" league...

--j

ImageImage
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow I made the team for fun and joke really, never thought it would be allowed in unless you said oki for it, as you have not said oki for it in the thread I doubt it would be allowed in. But the reason why I defended the team was due to Jimmy saying it was based on LOTR. As I point out, Halflings would not be created if not for LOTR. Haflings and trees does not fit together in the BB universe.

But saying that elf, human, dwarf and haflings cant play on the same team, would go against the BB universe. Well you have Chaos Pact, several races playing together.
 Jump to: