39 coaches online • Server time: 13:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The Team and go down to the --- to see what was written in the first post.

Chaos Familiars
The Chaos familiars team was created during a tournament in the wastelands. Several Chaos Wizards really did not know what to do, so they traveled to this event to drink beer and watch some stunty carnage. The first game was between a Goblin Cheaters team and Horrors of Tzeentch. It went horrible for the Horros of Tzeentch and the chaos wizards got more drunk. Drunken Wizards always get into arguments over who is better than the rest of the wizards. Of cause they don’t fight each others, they settle it through wizardry or their familiars. Although one of the wizard had learned that a Gnome team had not showed up yet and that the manager of the tournament was in dire need of filling the gap. The 14 wizards approached the manager and the manager more than willing let them enter their team for free if the gnome team did not show up. It was rumored after the match that an ice storm, firestorm and light storm had taking outside the city and a team of gnome had been caught right in the middle of it. So the wager between the chaos wizards was: “The Chaos Wizard’ familiar who scored most TD and causalities would win.” One of the Families had taking a seesaw with him, so they would stand a better chance vs the Chaos Halfling team. The first three turns the Chaos Familiars were down to 4 members and a seesaw. Then strange things happened, a portal opened and 4 greater demons emerged brining havoc and destruction. Also lightning strike and fire balls stroke the Chaos Halfling. All that was on the field was a seesaw, 6 chaos familiars and 2 demons. The manager got angry and called the guard to arrest the drunken wizards who were so engage in their wager that they no longer cared if people could see them cast spells in order to help their chaos familiar be the best. This was the beginning of how Chaos familiars was created.

Familier
The familier is the core of the team. Most of them used to be former helpers for their master. To best support their master the Familier could come in many forms and shape which represent their weird look and many mutations. On the pitch the chaos familiers works great together as long as they follow the plan, but due to most are free now and don’t have to obey a command mayhem, chaos and more random events happens when these little evil beings enter the pitch.

Greater Demons
The Chaos familier does not come alone to the pitch, they bring along with them two Greater Demons summoned from the warp. The Greater Demon are evil creatures surrounded by a chaotic aura making them good at preventing the other team to perform any ball action. They care little for ball action anyway as long as they can smash and kill things on the pitch.

Chaos Seesaws
The Chaos Seesaw is the only secret weapon the Chaos Familier bring with them on the pitch. It is heavy, big and chunky. They mostly used it to throw other Chaos Familiers down the field to get the ball or score with the ball. When no throw team mate action is going on the crew try their best to get the machine in motion to ram it into other players. It is hard work, but the crew love their machine. Some even give them wheels, nets, spikes or other helpful things that can make it more useful on the pitch.

Roster:
Version 1 (Stunty str2)
0-2 Greater Demons 5 5 2 9 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Disturbing Presence SM-AGP 150k
0-2 Chaos Seesaws 0 5 2 10 Take Root, Throw team-mate, Secret Weapon, Strong Arm M-GASP 80k
0-16 Familier 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration, Right Stuff M-AGSP 50k

Version 2 (Stunty str1)
0-2 Greater Demons 5 5 2 9 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Disturbing Presence SM-AGP 150k
0-2 Chaos Seesaws 0/5/3/10 Take Root, Throw team-mate, Secret Weapon, Strong Arm, Hail Mary Pass - M/GASP 100k
0-2 Greater Familier 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration, Right Stuff, Pro GM-ASP 70k
0-16 Familier 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration, Right Stuff M-AGSP 30k

---

Not my idea, but Harvestmouse.

Basic roster suggetion:
0-1 or 0-2 chaos seesaws
0-16 Familiars
0-2 Greater(ish) demons

Will start out with the familiars.

Having only access to M will different them to most of the other rosters which basic linemen have access to D. Also as most of the chaos familiars are looking so funny and mutated it would only make sense to me to give them only access to M.

0-2 Chaos Seesaws 0 5 2 10 No Hands, Take Root, Throw team-mate, Secret Weapon PSM-GA 80k

I took the stat line harvestmouse suggested, but given his desprition of it it only sound natural to give it take root also to represent too big of a deal to move it around and the crew get tired of moving it around. I guess it can still take GFI even with 0 in movement?

Not too sure about this guy, but I think it fits into the team. Regeneration because of being demon. Disturbing presence I think fit well. They are demons filled with chaos energy inside them and being around the familiers which are stored with magic energy made sense to me.

I have not added fluff yet, but I doubt it will be that hard. And also EvolveToAnarchism and harvestmouse previews work and description will make it easier to come up with some fluff and description.

So what do people think? Comments please Smile

Last edited by Ehlers on May 16, 2012 - 12:38; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Awsome idea!

Can you ttm with no hands? Also change evo - shadow.

I like the take root, as they probably can gfi with 0 ma, which isn't very fluffy.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe give the saw strong arm, possibly NOS too.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't like to see it get nos. My vision of the seesaw is having a choice of setting up deepish and protected or near the los and in ttm range. If it had nos, there wouldn't be any decision to make.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

nice, seesaws need to blitz and gfi to actually get to block.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Why wouldn't MA 0 players be able to block?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have always wanted to see a more 'random' Chaos big guy. I am not sure if this would be the team to utilise it, or even if it is possible, but it would be great if the 'Greater Demon' would have the statline as follows.

0-2 Greater Demons 3+d3 3+d3 d3 8+d3 Loner, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Regeneration, Disturbing Presence SM-AGP 150k

At the start of the game the statline would be rolled and that would be the statline for the demon for that game. I like the idea of the strength of a chaos demon fluctuating depending on the chaos wind that day.

How does everyone else feel about that?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

looks fun, unfortunately not feasable in fumbbl Sad

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Should the team have access to G? Looking over all the other rosters, they have a access to some kind of G except for Squig Herders

0-2 Familier Heroes/Champions 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration, Right Stuff, Pro GM-ASP 70k

What I can remember from warhammer or other fantasy RPG is that those familiars are somehow able to reroll something for you. So pro would fit nice in this case i think.
But I only think they should be added if needed.

harvestmouse:
Thanks, but it is basicly just a ripoff or copy of your thread Smile
The reason why I added EvolveToAnarchism --> http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12533
But if Shadow need to be credited too then fine by me, maybe I have missed his input or a take on the roster somehow, then please point me to the thread. Or maybe it was a PM or IRC convo?

I dont know if you can ttm with no hands, just I did not find it very "realistic" or based on fluff that it should be able to throw a ball.

JimmyFantastic:
I dont know, just never know what would happen to a player with a 0 in any of his stats. Like what happens to a player with 0 in strength? Can it even go below 0 in strength?

And like Harvestmouse I dont think it should have NOS, or strong arm either.

freak_in_a_frock:
I like the concept, but dont know if it will fit a big guy. You could end up with something too awesome or too bad. Plus if you should roll some stats increase (str or agi) you could by luck have 2 really strong big guys the other team wont be able to take down (like str8 big guy, which shadow has said no to and which I understand and agree to)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

First thoughts on a giant seesaw were somewhat mixed for me, but the more I think about it, the better this idea sounds. The idea of a team built primarily around flinging team mates every turn is hilarious. I envision the team needing to protect the immobile launchers long enough until it fires players or the ball into position.

The idea that the saw gets snuck/wheeled out at the beginning of each drive and then has to be hauled away is great. I think that as the centre of the team's play style the seesaw needs to be much more reliable. It is designed to launch things, unlike BGs just picking up and tossing players. Therefore, I would give it the following stats:

0/5/3/10 Take Root, TTM, SWeapon, Strong Arm, Hail Mary Pass - M/GASP

This gives it a great starting stat line, but it can't easily just pile on Pass and Accurate, which would be hard for a giant contraption like this. They can relatively easily pray for mutations. Also removed S and G as this thing should not be used to attack. I removed No Hands, because I don't think you can TTM with NH, and there is no reason a crew member can't put a ball on the seesaw.

For the familiars, I am tempted to suggest greater and lesser (regular) familiars to balance the team. I think with the seesaws you will have great potential to score and get anywhere you need to go on the field (HMP once implemented), so the familiars need to be adjusted. Maybe 0-16 ST1 and 0-4 ST2 greater familiars?

Freaks idea is cool, but maybe too random? If it could be done, I think it should be a base stat line that could go up or down 1, or stay the same.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Having just checked crp no hands specifically refers to the ball so unless it's an implementation thin ttm shouldn't be effected by it. Saying that, I think the see saw should be able to launch/hold the ball as it's not going to be running anywhere with it anything that can throw a stunty can throw a ball (allbeit not very accurately).

Dont like the idea of Greater Daemons, super charged familiars or even Daemons but a greater daemon is just a bit too big fluffwise.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I will keep updating the rosters as people comment, so that we can tweak them into a fun and balanced team. I will update my first post when a bit more people have commented as to be able to see the development over time. I will be adding description and fluff later.

Version 1 (Stunty str2)
0-2 Chaos Seesaws 0 5 2 10 Take Root, Throw team-mate, Secret Weapon, Strong Arm M-GASP 80k

Version 2 (Stunty str1)
0-2 Chaos Seesaws 0/5/3/10 Take Root, Throw team-mate, Secret Weapon, Strong Arm, Hail Mary Pass - M/GASP 100k
0-2 Greater Familier 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration, Right Stuff, Pro GM-ASP 70k
0-16 Familier 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regeneration, Right Stuff M-AGSP 30k

I have only added 0-2 greater familier as having 4 players access to G might be too strong considered they 2 bigs and sort of 2 secret weapon big guys. Take on this?

Corvidius:
Is it the name that you don’t like or that it is a big guy that you don’t like?
And based on the two rosters, how would you implement your idea?
Ehlers

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the first page with a team history and roster history Smile
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of like the version 2 =)

SL
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there nothing but wastelands in the world of bbowl since nearly every background fluff refers to it?
 Jump to: