56 coaches online • Server time: 22:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

@SillySod: Exactly why Titchy needs a looong look before it is considered.

@Noobie: Horrors are still slow, unreliable, and silly. Wink

@Shadow: As long is the Stunty Cup, or some such grand tournament of tournaments.

@Sigmar1: Doomwheel, Pumpwagon do have SW. Many of the SW players do not show as having SW for some reason, including the entire Cheater team. They PumpWagon will roll for Injury (minimum KO) if knocked over, no armour roll, as it is a B&C player. Doomwheel can get back up I believe. (Think of it as a big hamster ball.)

Something I need to bug Christer about. Squigs ARE meant to be frightening. If only there was an option to automatically use piling on, even when you bight your own team mate. Very Happy

@Sigmar1: Putrifiers can be looked at later. BH in a crowd with AG2 is better than XArms in a big group. I did forget about Disturbing Presence though. Because of the split of the two skills the Beast and Plaguebearers should have DP. Looking to rectify that. Gives the AG2 team some anti-bomb defence.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe i'm just a bad coach then. The Times i;ve played against Horrors i've got wrecked. If you're going to take away SW from Wyrms then you should also take away bombadier from them. But i do think that greater horrors should start with tents. . .i mean have you looked at the sprites you use? Wink

But there are plenty ways to balance them without just pushing them into the OP crowd. Just making all teams OP does not a fun game make. I'll likely not even want to play against horrors anymore if they get to keep all their S3 Bombs on pitch the whole game. Who cares if they're slow, you can;t really block them and they don't need to move anywhere.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and another completely unrelated point. . .In the future are you going to make all S1 players Titchy? I think that would be the best thing to do and a fair move.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
I do also feel that Strigori need some kinda boost. Every game i;ve played against a team of Strigori they've been very underwhelming. But maybe they're just one of those really hard to use but devastating when used properly teams.

That may have been the result of who you were playing.

I am inclined to think that strigs got a stealthy buff. So much so that I am bringing them to the nightmare.

__Synn
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i hope to play against you then and see how they're supposed to be used as i know you're an amazing coach Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Strig Lords are one of the best killers in Stunty with G & S access. Block, MB, Tackle, and Piling On, plus starting with Claw for the tin cans. 3DB most of the time. Just keep a thrall on hand for refreshment and they can single-handed take out a team.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe well all the games i;ve played against Strigs i tend to take out the lord 1st or second turn with a Mino so that might be it then. But i guess tentacles is a big killer for Blood lust teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

shouldn't the Strigoi team be full of Ghoul-lings not thrallings???

Strigoi don't feast on humans, they feast on ghouls and zombies when truely desperate.

A name change may be in order there imo. But not to Ghoul-lings lol I'm sure you can think of something better Smile
Jesperius

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

And what to do about snotling spore fingers? Dont they need to get stab?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=88120
Wink Yes its a realy REALY old stunty team
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

holy crap jesp...you still have those?...that's kind of impressive Wink

@noob: it's not a reflection of you being a bad coach...a lot of stunty coaches don't have a solid understanding of how to really succeed with stunty teams...granted a lot don't care, and just want to have fun, which all fine and dandy....but you really have to modify your tactics from traditional BB if you want to excel with a team...

--j

ImageImage
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh i'm a have fun coach, it;s why i enjoy stunty more than normal BB. I suppose it;s also cause i have TT where i;ve got regular BB league going so it's nice to do something different, relieve some stress on some stunty buggers haha. I mean my main Stunty teams record kinda shows i'm not that great thought. Lose to all sorts of coaches. But i do feel Horrors without SW is a mistake, but i suppose we shall see.

I did really hope Snots would get a second Deathroller. I feel they do need a second one Wink And also i am hoping beyond hope for Titchy on all S1. Just makes sense to me.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@noob: It also may be the TV you are playing at/ witnessing. Strigs are rubbish early, but once they get to about 1350TV...watch out. By that time the Lord and 2-3 vamplings are skilled up and slicing thru teams at a prodigious rate.

My match last night vs. a solid 7-1-0 Cheater team:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3340067

That's what Strigs can do. H1T4 was especially fun.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

O_O Dayurm. May have to sit down and watch the replay through when i'm eating my dinner later Smile

I suppose i now know the weaknesses of Cheaters is that most of their SW's won't ever skill, or will skill super slow. That could be an issue at high TV i suppose.

Last edited by noobie2k7 on Oct 04, 2012 - 20:37; edited 1 time in total
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
Maybe i'm just a bad coach then. The Times i;ve played against Horrors i've got wrecked. If you're going to take away SW from Wyrms then you should also take away bombadier from them. But i do think that greater horrors should start with tents. . .i mean have you looked at the sprites you use? Wink

But there are plenty ways to balance them without just pushing them into the OP crowd. Just making all teams OP does not a fun game make. I'll likely not even want to play against horrors anymore if they get to keep all their S3 Bombs on pitch the whole game. Who cares if they're slow, you can;t really block them and they don't need to move anywhere.

Firewyrms need to roll a 4+ to throw bombs. It rarely works. Plus, Firewyrms and Flamers have No Hands which is a big deal.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2012 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's one of those things we will have to see about. I'd have rather just given Horrors 0-4 flamers and kept SW on them.