44 coaches online • Server time: 15:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Check this. Let me know what you think about.

Tavern Pact

Fluff:
Let's say it: every region in the world, from the Old World to the Araby, from the Badlands to Albion, has his taverns. These are places where a variegated number of races gathers to take a moment of rest, a good pint, a smoke, a fight, a one night stand with a big breasted maid. Every kind of lowlifes, drunkards, cutthroats and thiefs can be seen there, and occasionally could happen that they decide to start a BB team togheter. The reasons for these extemporaneous deals can be many: need of money, wish of desertion from the military life, lust for fame, a last reckless attempt to impress the above big breasted maid and win her favors. However, this is a fact: lonely homeless bibbers and tired soldiers, weird tricksters and brainless wranglers join togheter to play, seeking a new and better life and more gold coin to pay their vices. This is called the Tavern Pact. They play for themselves, and even if they lose they always celebrate with a good drink.

0-12 Halfling Drunkards (50K)
[5,2,2,6]
[dodge,stunty, right stuff, dauntless, animosity]
[A]
Drunkards are the most common guests of every tavern, and Halflings like to drink. Note that due to their drunkness they're less agile than normal Halflings, but their intoxication brings them to be extremely quarrelsome and reckless, so they doesn't care about challenging stronger opponents and often find unsuspected strenght in their drunk condition (dauntless). They doesn't like non-Halfling guys, so they are reluctant to cooperate with them (animosity).

0-2 Gnome Brawlers (70k)
[5,2,2,8]
[thick skull, stunty, right stuff, mighty blow]
[G]
Gnomes illegal fights are a great entertainment in every tavern, everyone loves to see them brawl and the amount of gold coins bet on these matches is always conspicuous. Due to their experience in fighting they can take a great amount of beatings (thick skull) and they have great muscles, so they hit very hard (mighty blow). They're not so agile because they use to drink a lot before a fight, but they are a bit more fast because they train a lot running.

0-2 Snotling Riotstarters (50K)
[4,1,3,5]
[dodge,stunty,right stuff,thick skull,regeneration,bombardier,secret weapon (8+)]
[A]
Snotlings are not supposed to be allowed in taverns, but often they manage to enter from the bathroom windows and mingle in the crowd. Usually, when they're able to avoid the bouncers eyes, they buy some liquor bottles and make molotov cocktails with them, just for the fun of it. A piece of cloth, a linchpin and their favorite game starts. They throw the bombs all over the place, starting huge riots that degenerate in real massacres, while they laugh out loud. Note that they are drunk as hell when they do this, so they don't have P access. They're extemporary bombers, so don't count too much on them on the pitch.

0-2 Gnoblar Pickpockets (40k)
[6,1,3,7]
[dodge,stunty,right stuff,strip ball]
[A,P]
Sometimes tiny Gnoblars sneak into taverns and steal everything they can from customer's pockets. Then they run away fast, and due to their small frame often they succeed. They're really good at stealing, so they steal ball too.

0-1 Dwarf Drunkmaster (80K)
[4,4,2,8]
[ball and chain, thick skull, secret weapon(7+),block, tackle, dauntless]
[S]
Dwarves are the real kings of beer, and sometimes they pass the line. Their huge belly has a limit, after of which they become a threat for everyone in the tavern. They start cursing and roaring in a drunk rage, slashing the unlucky that are near them with a broken bottle (secret weapon). Due to their condition they can't see where they go, so their movement is extremely unpredictable (ball and chain). Note, they have lower AV than normal dwarves because they doesn't wear an armor in the tavern, and not even on the pitch.

0-1 Ogre Bouncer (140K)
[5,5,2,9]
[S]
[bone-head, mighty blow, throw team mate,tentacles,thick skull,loner]
Ogres are often hired as bouncers by tavern keepers, because they can get rid very easily of every unwanted customer. Simply, they throw him out of the tavern, and so they do with their team mates in the pitch. Note that they are very experienced into guarding the tavern's entrance and seldom let someone sneak in without permission, so escaping their watchful eye is very hard (tentacles).

Rerolls 70K (140.000 after team creation)
Apo:Yes
Stars: Accepting suggestions.

Last edited by Crook666 on Mar 08, 2013 - 20:56; edited 19 times in total
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Love it. Let's play.
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe a -1 or even -2 to all ball handling rolls due to being drunk or hung over?
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like this suggestion except for Tentacles and price of the Ogre. Swap Tentacles for Grab and increase the cost to 140k and you've got a really good list with only 2 Ag3 players who have Strength 1.

ps. The reroll cost would be 120k after team creation. Very Happy
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought to give tentacles to the ogre 'cause he only has S access and already has mighty blow. another S skill could make him run out of chances, i thought.

Raised the Ogre cost.

Raised the reroll cost.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

HA!

I usually hate almost all proposed stunty rosters, but I actually think this one is pretty good.

Gnoblar definitely should not have P access though. Reasons being (a) WHY?? and (b) doesn't fit fluff and (c) it too easy to get leader, and he's not a leader.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, definitely don't use 'midget brawlers'... It's just inevitably offensive and completely unnecessary given how many short races there are in the fluff already. Just call them 'Dwarf Brawlers' or 'Halfling Brawlers' or 'Gnome Brawlers'.

Also, an alternative to upping the RR would be to give Loner to everyone BUT the ogre (since he's the only sober one), and up the linos AG.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea. If the Dwarf Drunkmaster has a broken bottle, should he have Stab too? And I've seen Mexican wrestling, Midget Brawlers should definitely have Right Stuff.

Also, if everyone's drunk, rr should be 70k, surely?
CW

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of a -1 to pick up as someone suggested, how about they have to roll before picking up. On a 1, they fall over.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
HA!

I usually hate almost all proposed stunty rosters, but I actually think this one is pretty good.

Gnoblar definitely should not have P access though. Reasons being (a) WHY?? and (b) doesn't fit fluff and (c) it too easy to get leader, and he's not a leader.

Gnoblars in WFB are allowed to throw sharp stuff at people, it's a multi shot throwing weapon that could represent anything from broken glass, to knives or sharpened stones. The Gnoblars find these and throw them at people. As the only people other than the Ogre who're not drunk and who are there to take advantage of folks Leader doesn't seem terrible. Smile
Crook666

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2012 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well. took for granted that this is the best roster ever suggested, we must go through some changes. I need all your help here, so don't let this thread die. These are some ideas to improve the roster:

- i changed the maybe offensive midget brawlers in gnome brawlers. check them, they have lower AG than normal gnomes, but mighty blow. We should discuss this: offensive? not offensive? in the doubt i changed it. the ST2 is in some way balanced by mighty blow, i think. if you prefer the old midget brawlers (5,3,2,7) we can talk about it.

- IMO gnoblar pickpockets should have P access. they're tricky and can throw the stolen objects to each other. They're not drunk, so they can manage to do that. Anyway, if a fluff problem persists, we can cancel the P access from them.

- The Ogre Bouncer is loner because he is NOT drunk. he hates drunk people, and often doesn't wanna have nothing to do with them.

- Raised the reroll cost again. IMO this is the best way to represent a state of drunkness.

- I could give block to the dwarf drunkmaster. After all he's a ball and chain with only ST3, and this could balance him. After all, he's a dwarf and dwarves have block.

Let me know. We should bring this to life Smile
FaceKiller

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2012 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

This is genius. I get the animosity in a rules sense but when concerned with the fluff wouldn't they be pretty friendly with each other if they spent nights carousing shoulder to shoulder tankards of ale in hand?
Daudy

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2012 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon the dwarf drunkmaster should get dauntless. Someone that drunk would have no problems getting the courage to cap a big lumbering ogre in the kneecap with his secret weapon while staggering around.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2012 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Really like the idea! Smile

Funny side note: The dwarf HAS hands, so he CAN pick up or receive the ball. A Ball & Chain ball carrier seems like a lot of fun! Very Happy

Would allowing two of them be over the top?

Edit:

Talking about B&C BCs: What about a "Drunken Elf"? Something like:
6 2 3 7 Ball & Chain | A

Since B&C can only take move actions and ignores tackle zones, it would be all about moving this guys on a safe path through the opposition - because if he hits something he'll probably go down and knock himself out...

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2012 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

FaceKiller wrote:
I get the animosity in a rules sense but when concerned with the fluff wouldn't they be pretty friendly with each other if they spent nights carousing shoulder to shoulder tankards of ale in hand?

Yep. But ya know how Halflings are. They gang by themselves, they always feel despised by other races, and with that movie just released they have become even more snooty. And speaking honestly, Stunty lacks animosity. I wanted to fix this lack.

Daudy wrote:
I reckon the dwarf drunkmaster should get dauntless. Someone that drunk would have no problems getting the courage to cap a big lumbering ogre in the kneecap with his secret weapon while staggering around.

This is a good idea.

Rabe wrote:
Funny side note: The dwarf HAS hands, so he CAN pick up or receive the ball. A Ball & Chain ball carrier seems like a lot of fun! Very Happy

Would allowing two of them be over the top?

Yep, he has hands and he can hold the ball. we also can allow two of them, but I fear the team would be overpowered. So, these are the options:

- One Ball and Chain Drunkmaster with tackle, block and dauntless. a beast, obviously, but also a danger for himself and with SW roll he will leave the pitch sooner or later.

- Two ball and chain Drunkmasters with block and tackle but without dauntless. They could find themselves in a lot of trouble, but two of them can allow the team to bash for the whole match.

I gave him block, as you can see. And raised his cost to 100K. Let me know what option you prefer.
 Jump to: