46 coaches online • Server time: 00:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Season Two Has Begun! Empire still accepting. Chaos still accepting 1. Under Empire still accepting 1.

The first season of the WCS is about to come to an end. The final games will decide the standings in the championship. This is the competition where nations show their true power and teams and coaches aspire to greatness.

In the next weeks, season 2 is about to start. Some people left, some people stayed and some new people will join our ranks.

Become now a part of one of the nations and join the WCS.

Find out what races are available for your nation, write your application into the forum and join with your new League team into the group!

The nations:
Empire - 8 teams taken
The strongest human power ruling over the center of the world. The empire is ruled by humans and inhabited by humans. Only in their border regions and under ground some of their allies form different teams to compete in the ultimate human dominated championchip.
Humans – Infinite (Oly1987, Dunenzed, Drrek, wintergreen13, easilyamused)
Dwarf – 1 (taken by The_Demon)
Halflings - 1 ()
Ogres - 1 (taken by jimimothybodles)
Travelling Amazons - 1 (thePeoplesChamp)

Ulthuan - 7 teams taken Closed for applications
On the island of the elves the sport of bloodbowl is still percieved with some mistrust but a steadily growing sport as the growing number of outlandish Elves who come to play in pro teams on the old island proof a growing interest. Those carnival elf players usually have a bad reputation among the high elves but are serious contenders against the best High Elf Teams on Ulthuan. Only one group of late migrants in the westernmost forrests of the island plays the Woodelf style.
Highelves – Infinite (JimmyFantastic, ahalfling, Rat_Salat)
Woodelves – 1 (mrbibitte)
Elf - 3 (Meanandugl,Jhattara)
Travelling Skaven - 1 (Azure)

Naggaroth - 10 teams taken Application Time Over
Naggaroths elitary claim that darkelves are superior to all others lets little room for other races. As far as the Dark Elves are concerned, the champion among the Dark Elves isn't just the best team in Naggaroth but the best team in the entire world.
A few outsiders have come together to form some mixed teams to compete for the title but so far the league has been dominated by the Dark Elves.
Darkelves – Infinite (Lionberg, Dan-Da-Man, Snafu58, ttorvatn, the_Sage,C3I2, peter_blas_y_dos_mas)
Chaos Pact – 1 (Rabe)
Underworld – 1 (Shraaag)
Elf - 1 (chimp2010)

Badlands - 10 teams taken - CLOSED, ACCEPTING NO MORE APPLICATIONS
The Orclands aren't just one empire but many. What unites are long lasting traditions like the love for national sport of Bloodbowl. The ultimate contest. Children grow up with it, play it with human skulls after the battle on the battlefield. The greenskins just love the competetion and take the game very seriously. The goblins inhabiting the same area may not be build for the sport like the bigger orcs are but they love the sport just the same.
Orcs – Infinite (pythrr, fangbanger, DeZigma, Cavetroll, severdunit, FredAstaire, Dalfort)
Goblins – Infinite (DaveH, Uzulak, dabassman)
Underworld - 1

Norsca - 7 teams taken Started
Norsca is a vast seafaring nation to the north only inhabited by humans. Some, like Jan-Erik, claim to not really be Norse but everybody else knows that they still are.
Norse usually play their own style of bloodbowl but the imperial style has been known to be played by at least some of the humans.
Recognizable is one village at the eastern coast consisting entirely of warrior women that decided to pick up the game.
Norse – Infinite (shoebdoo, molsie, Nazanian, Aflo, Kryzcross)
Humans – 1 (Paco Silas)
Amazon – 1 (luxyluxo)

Realm of Chaos - 7 teams taken
To some it is a mistery why the slaves of the chaos demons have even picked up the game and compete in the annual competions. Undoubted is that they are very good at it. How the champion among the ranks of the chaos themselves is decided is still a bit of a mistery in the outside world but one thing should be certain: It is bloody.
Chaos – Infinite (Overhamsteren, ilpars, Erickan)
Nurgle – Infinite (Nelphine, Rumanski)
Skaven - 1
Chaos Dwares - 1
Chaos Pact - 3 (BillBrasky)
Underworld – 1
Travelling Norse (Latulike)

Lustria - 6 teams taken CLOSED
Lustria is more a continent than an actual nation, yet they have a unifying bloodbowl sport body. It is save to say that the majority of the continent is ruled by the slann elders although they don't participate in the games themselves. The skaven, vampires and amazons are independed cities within the reaches, nevertheless they compete in the Lustrian League for the championchip.
Slann - Infinite (MRnobody)
Lizardmen – Infinite (Tazeon, Mossbeard)
Children of the Lost Temple City of Chaqua -1 (keggiemckill)
Vampires - Infinite (BlimeyCorr)
Skaven – 1 (Semitence)
Amazon - 1 ()

Under Empire - 7 teams taken
The Under Empire is unimaginably large and there is no place to put it because it goes underground through many reaches. The inhabitants of this place are the skaven. One dwarf fortress is known to annually put a team in the mix because of their lack of access to another league.
Skaven – Infinite (vesikanuu, Chainsaw, SkavenLordVinshqueek, rppopy)
Underworld – 3 (Hitonagashi, cthol)
Goblins - 1 (makabeo)

Land of the Dead - 10 teams taken
One of the most obscure sights in this world are a bunch of brainless zombies trying to play a sportsgame. While these mindless creatures are usually controlled by subordinate necromancers of the mighty Nagash, some independend necromancers have lately left their laboratories to join the fun of puppet commaning undead units for sports. Tomb Guardians known to have shaken off the shells of Nagash and developing their own will are rarely seen in this place. Yet recently a club of these terrifying creatures has risen to compete against their old master.
Undead – Infinite (Winni, GronxWild, Berk)
Necromantics – Infinite (toombs, vultur42, Blackbeltcrazy, Lemf)
Khemri – Infinite (anisdrin, BooAh!, MrOdd)
Vampire - Infinite

Karaz Angkor - 8 teams taken SADLY CLOSED NOW
In a vast mountain range lies Karaz Angkor, the monumental home of the dwarves. A single Ogre tribe at the outskirts of the mountains likes to enjoy playing in this tournament for fun and recently a human team has formed in the capital consisting mostly of immigrants from the human quarters. Although the mountains are known to inhabit Orcs and other creatures they usually don't have good relations with the dwarves. One tribe however has recently developed such good trade relations that it even is invited to the annual bloodbowl events.
Dwarves- Infinite (B_Side, FRSHMN, AdyBrooke, Throwreck)
Travelling Chaos Dwarves - (Garion)
Travelling Khemri - (ClayInfinity)
Humans – 1 (SzieberthAdam)
Orks - 1 (simme)
Ogres - 1

Ogre Kingdoms - 7 teams taken - ACCEPTING NO MORE TEAMS
The ogre kingdoms are a large area in the northeast. While nobody here seriously things of winning the world championchip, the ogres still enjoy competing amongst themselves. While the ogres playstile is improvable only really the toughest people dare to challenge these mighty creatures their homegrounds. Currently a single club of chaosdwarves is competing here aswell as a fearless club from a Norse city at the western coast of the area.
Ogres – Infinite (Wreckage, DaCoach, duttydave, Kammo22, gamelsetlmatch, paradocks)
Chaos Dwarves – 1 (taken by Xnoelx)

Brettonnia - 8 teams taken ACCEPTING NO MORE APPLICATIONS
Much can be said about humans in the world. But it is quite telling that not one but two human nations have risen to a powerfull force in the world. Hidden within the Bretonnian realm lie the forrest homes of the woodelves. Since Bretonnia is technically unable to controll these forrests one could claim they are an independend area but at least for purposes of sports those two cultures have come together and overcome their differences.
Humans – Infinite (OenarLod, The_Murker, awambawamb, wheelchairguy)
Woodelves – Infinite (fabiomightyblow)
Vampires – 1 (unavailable for this season)
Halflings - 1 (Subs)
Travelling Dwarves - 1 (Tzij)
Travelling Darkies - 1 (VL)

Plain of Zharr - 8 teams taken
In a very unhospitaple place between the Realms of Chaos and the World Edge Mountains lies a giant plain, the home to the Chaos Dwarves. Not only is the plain occupied with Ork tribes and subject to Chaos invasions, it is also infested with thousands of undead, locked into a permanent struggle for dominance. In this bewildering environment it is only the immense love for Bloodbowl that brings these different groups together.
Chaos Dwarves – Infinite (SerXes, bladten, Hero164, )
Chaos – 2 (jmbeers, Licker)
Orks – 1 (xarogobar)
Undead - 1
Necromantics - 1
Chaos Pact - 2 (MARVIN_THE_ARVN, Chappi)

The "Moot" - 2 teams taken
You are NOW allowed to play a SECOND team in this nation even if you already applied to the WCS but a couple of things need to be respected.

Within the vast region of the empire lies the "moot". Once part of the Empires Bloodbowl Union, the Moot has now become an independend Bloodbowl body. Since then thousands of young eager Flings have stormed the plains to explore this exiting game in an environment where they "might" not die.
This new trend has started to attract some of the best coaches all over the world, who believe it is their fate to show the world how much can be archieved using a Fling team. The first League is now known to be dominated with many big names in the buisness. Some top coaches in the world.

Infinite Halflings - ()

Others can only be chosen as primary team:
Humans - 1 (to take this team your CR must not be higher than 155 and you can't switch from another group to get this)(El_Dude)
Vampires - 1 (to take this team your CR must not be higher than 160 and you can't switch from another group to get this) (WingedHuman)
Ogres - 1

If you want to play in the Moot with your primary team, no restrictions apply to you.

Travelling Teams (undecided):
ClayInfity (Khemri) - applied to Ogre Kingdoms - denied - pushed to Karaz Angkor
Latulike (Norse) - applied to Lustria - denied - Pushed to Realm of Chaos
Tzij (Dwarves) - applied to Bretonnia - accepted
Azure (Skaven) - applied to Lustria - denied - pushed to Ulthuan
the peoples champ(Amazon) - applied to Ulthuan - denied - pushed to the Empire
VL (Dark Elves)- applied to Bretonnia - accepted
Garion (Chaos Dwarves)- applied to Karaz Ankor - accepted

Color Code:
Orange/Red: Needs more teams
Light Green: Has enough but could need some more.
Green: Has enough but could take one more
Blue: Perfect
Purple: Overcrowded
Brown: Applications No Longer Accepted
Turquoise: Newly added this season!

If you wish to apply just write with what nation and apply a new team to the group

Keep me updated about new applications and incorrect info and join now for a second much bigger and even more spectactular season!

Last edited by Wreckage on Sep 24, 2013 - 18:01; edited 140 times in total
ilpars

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Turkey: Newly added this season!

At last my nation will participate in the Blood Bowl. Wink

You forget 0-1 Amazon slot in Lustria. As the only other Amazon slot (in Norsca) is already taken the traveling "the peoples Champ" team has nowhere else to go.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars wrote:
As the only other Amazon slot (in Norsca) is already taken the traveling "the peoples Champ" team has nowhere else to go.

We are taking the slot from Lustria, aswell as the Norse slot from Ogre Kingdoms. They simply did too well. Smile I'd write it in turquoise if it wasn't just replaced by empty space Wink.

ThePeoplesChamp will be able to travel just fine, since the travelling rules don't rely on availability of spots. Check (I think) §34-35 of the rules section.

An amazon nation will be added third season.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

come joinz da badlandz. we da bestas. and wez haz gobblins.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Join KA! We'll take anyone. ; ]
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven spot in Lustria is up for grabs, I can't participate unfortunately.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My high elves, who were a mid-season replacement last year, are still in Ulthuan, no?

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah and tremendous is not

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Yeah and tremendous is not

Ok, all fixed.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
ilpars wrote:
As the only other Amazon slot (in Norsca) is already taken the traveling "the peoples Champ" team has nowhere else to go.

We are taking the slot from Lustria, aswell as the Norse slot from Ogre Kingdoms. They simply did too well. Smile I'd write it in turquoise if it wasn't just replaced by empty space Wink.

ThePeoplesChamp will be able to travel just fine, since the travelling rules don't rely on availability of spots. Check (I think) §34-35 of the rules section.

An amazon nation will be added third season.

Now the TV is higher, wouldn't the other teams start to come back at him? As there are a lot of skinks running around, tackle is going to be a highly taken skill anyway.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Now the TV is higher, wouldn't the other teams start to come back at him? As there are a lot of skinks running around, tackle is going to be a highly taken skill anyway.

I know, we debated it in the Lords thread. There weren't any really clear positions on the matter but I remember from the Lustrian thread that they were pretty nationalist over there, so I opted to not include a new zon team. If Tazeon wants one, he can always tell me so and we'll add it later.

To be fair, Skinks can't really get Tackle and Saurians are kinda needy for other stuff aswell.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

And a saurus with block can get an easy 3d on a skink for beat down power, not quite as easy against ST3 blodgers.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Realm of Chaos group from last season!

It's not pretty and things will change a little but should give newcomers some idea about the Chosen of the Gods system and so on.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

I know, we debated it in the Lords thread. There weren't any really clear positions on the matter but I remember from the Lustrian thread that they were pretty nationalist over there, so I opted to not include a new zon team. If Tazeon wants one, he can always tell me so and we'll add it later.

To be fair, Skinks can't really get Tackle and Saurians are kinda needy for other stuff aswell.

I think zons not being in Lustria is a shame, after all they live there.

What about a themed team? I remember doing some fluff on 5 or 6 zon teams a while back.

You could go something like a 'no blitzer line up', so nothing had blodge off the bat.

Without looking up what I wrote something like.

'Women of the village of Wombat'

The Women from Wombat village have a spellcaster who's managed to steal coverage from PUSS (Passing Ulthuan Super Society) League, and it's become a real hit with the girls.

So much so they've made their own team. Unfortunately, from watching the coverage they believe the passing game is what BloodBowl is all about, and have made their team a replica to their idols.

0-2 Throwers (may purchase accurate)
0-2 Catchers (may purchase nos)
0-16 linewomen (may purchase nowt)

As an example off the top of my head.
Aflo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2013 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll happily take on some norse Wreckage.
 Jump to: