35 coaches online • Server time: 16:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post 12 Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The infBOWL (aka. Inferior Bowl) is a round-robin championship for a maximum of 24 all-lineman teams, one of each race. Currently we try to get all 24 teams. If that seems impossible to achieve then we will start the first season. Deadlines are in a two weeks interval to let time for coaches to arrange their matches. Thus a season lasts maximum for a year long even the case of full house.

Generally the players are limited to the cheapest player that a team can have 12 or 16 on the roster. Most stunty teams however can buy some other positionals. Check rules on the group page HERE for exact information. All teams can hire mercenaries as inducement of all positions but no star players. Why? Because of the inferiority of this league!

It seems interesting how power relations of races change in a linemen only environment. In future seasons we can balance them abit by using custom rules like "Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked", but first we start with the regular ruleset. Anyway, I expect for the patience and help of those who apply in case if getting members is gonna be a long time.

Thanks for reading, and if you are interested, do not hesitate to join!

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Mar 24, 2014 - 11:18; edited 17 times in total
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

I love this idea.

I do have one question: Why do goblins get saws & bombs when no other team may field positionals?

I would humbly propose that rather than allow goblins to use weapons, you allow stunty teams Big guy access. Maybe flings, UW, and gobbos in the game would then be much more competitive. If you do this, you might also limit snotlings to three or four ogres though.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestion which worths consideration.

Chainsaws and bombers have the very same stats and price as regular goblins. They are regular players who just happens to have a weapon in their hands.

As for the bigguys. I also thought about this for awile but decided no in the first place. But now that the first suggestions on the blog and here in the forum point on this defect, let me reconsider it.

However, I am still strict about this. What about this? Stunty teams can have half number of their original allowed big guys, runded up: One troll for Goblin and Underworld, one Treeman for Halfling, and three Ogres for Ogre is allowed.

I welcome all further suggestions!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that is a fine idea with the 2 Ogres, and 1 Troll for goblin & underworld.

I still consider the weapons to be positionals. I would compare that scenario to chaos pact. The goblin is the cheapest player on the team. Also, the skaven lineman is the same price as the marauders. Furthermore, the skaven lineman, and dark elf lineman are clearly linemen Very Happy

I think maybe if you stick with the bright line rule being: The players are limited to the cheapest player that a team can have 12 or 16 on the roster. The exception to the rule should be the Big Guy for stunty teams, as you described above.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be hard to beat Dwarves and Lizardmen and Norse early on and all the elf teams will be competitive but Chaos Pact will end up dominating I think.

Don't think Ogres will be ay good at all without at least 4 big boys.
andr_e

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea.
I'll wait the final ruleset before saying I'm in, but this sound funny to me.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Pact will undoubtedly be the most well rounded at higher tv.

With 2 week rounds, I don't forsee the pact getting that skilled up in the 1st season however.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I clarified the rule of allowed positionals:

"For regular races the players are limited to the cheapest player that a team can have 12 or 16 on the roster except for Orc which can also buy goblins. In addition, stunty teams can also buy half the number of their original allowed big guys, runded up: one troll for Goblin and Underworld, one Treeman for Halfling, and three Ogres for Ogre is allowed. All teams can hire mercenaries as inducement of all positions but no star players. Why? Because of the inferiority of this league!"

Thanks for the feedbacks, keep up!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good.

Orcs now have players with general access, and stunty. Why would we single them out, and not give humans catchers?

I propose, only stunties have "non-linemen."
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Be it! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

@PaddyMick: Do not forget that player count of the CP team is limited at 12! Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl asked about skinks, since they are stunties aswell. What about the following rule?

Lizardmen, Chaos Dwarf and Vampire can have two players of its 0-6 positional.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like that idea.

It goes with the territory.

Underworld have gobbos...
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
It will be hard to beat Dwarves and Lizardmen and Norse early on

Don't forget Zons! Wink
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Also.. This was advertised as "All Linemen," so I think we should stay with that.

The only clear exception should be big guys for stunties, in my opinion...

So Skinks could get a krox.
 Jump to: