46 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Another new year in Stunty! But things seem a little slow at the moment. The Exploding Cup doesn't start until late February...what to do until then?

How about start playtesting another new team! Yes, that's right! This coach is dying for another addition (or what the hell, how about two?) to the stunty races available.

But which one? If you could pick any ONE team from the plethora of designs, which would be YOUR choice? Here's a list to review and choose from (I apologize if you've made a team suggestion since the last time I compliled this list, but you're SOL, I'm not going to keep adding teams like I did before):

Artificers, Bogeys, Bray Herd, Chaos Dregs, Chaos Familiars, Clan Moulder, Crypt Creepers, Daemon Engines, Dungeon Keeper, Effigies, Ethereal, Fimir, Fukawere Tribe, Halfling Carnies, Halfling Kitchen Crew, Hobgnoblars, The Hungry Horde, Khorne's Blood Curse, Killer Mushrooms, Madcappers, Middle Earth, Mervolk, Mountain Clans, Naggarothi Fae, Nauticans, Orc Bullies, Phantasms, Pleasure Seekers, Red Caps, Tavern Pact, Troglodytes, Undead Halflings, Wizards, Zapped.

As a new wrinkle to previous posts of this nature, each coach gets ONE choice and ONE choice only. And no one is allowed to recommend a team of their own design, or suffer the eternal curse of Nuffle! (Admins are encouraged to delete any post where anyone mentions their own team, thank you).

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Jan 08, 2014 - 19:23; edited 2 times in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

After much thought I must recommend: Wizards.

The sheer amount of on-pitch hilarity, zany play possibilities, and bloodsport (giving and taking) would make that team a BLAST.

Oh, and they should be called the Wizard Guilds, but team inventer Aflo has yet to see the light on that one.

The tally thus far (srsly, the rest of you don't want to weigh in on this??):

Bray Herd: 4
Chaos Familiars: 2
Clan Moulder: 1
Daemon Engines: 1
Effigies: 3
Madcappers: 1
Naggarothi Fae: 1
Nauticans: 1
Tavern Pact: 2
Undead Halflings: 2
Wizards: 6
Zapped: 1

You want to pile on and send a strong message to WhatBall? You want to highlight a team better than those listed above? You've got to VOTE!

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Feb 28, 2014 - 18:48; edited 16 times in total
Crook666

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just looking at the comments in the Tavern Pact forum thread can tell you that the team needs an opportunity. Try it, love it, suggest changes if you think it could be improved. We need more teams, Stunty has still so much fun to offer to us.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Might it make more sense to start by making a list of canonical Warhammer world races/factions/etc. that a) consist primarily/entirely of characters who would have stunty, and b) are not already represented?

Personally, I'm looking at this list and seeing a lot of stuff that doesn't sound canonical. (And a few things that seem like they would make sense once but not as a regular occurrence, dozens or hundreds of teams with the same makeup.) I'm also seeing a lot of things that make sense as "hey, THIS could be a Blood Bowl team" but it's not stunty, so they put two of what the team actually is on the roster and fill the rest out with goblins.

Because honestly, it seems like the best way to go about this would be to say, "all right, we're making a (race) team. Can we think of any Blood Bowl mechanics that would represent what a (race) can do?" And from there you can work forward to figuring out how to make the team play in a unique, fun and competitive way.

For example, Clan Moulder is a legit Warhammer thing that isn't represented. But then you put it together -- rat ogres, mutation access, etc. -- and isn't it just a variation on chaos halflings? Or you could say that the linemen are slaves or whatever and have ST1 (pattern them after the Skryre slaves, no guard) -- give the team a third rat ogre to compensate... suddenly you're building gnoblars. And you haven't solved the problem of how to deal with the packmaster, who really has no reason not to be ST3, and ST3 guys are a big red flag in stunty to me. (Still not happy about the existence of the Mootguard.)

But if we're voting, I'm voting for Clan Moulder (with the caveat that I don't think the proposed rosters of the past are quite there yet). There's got to be some room between Skryre, Chaos Halflings, and the various ST1 linos/three big guy squads to find a unique play style and set of strengths/challenges. We'll figure it out.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)

Last edited by ahalfling on Jan 07, 2014 - 14:20; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 14:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it took 1 post for Crook to break the rules and suggest his own team Razz

My team had lots of positive comments in the thread, so hopefully people will find them without me mentioning them.

For my choice, I really like the Bray Herd. I think perhaps they were a little over-nerfed from their original suggestion (I think the Centigors are now over-costed or under-powered) but I like the idea behind them and I think they'd look good on the field.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

honestly i don't mind if one of my teams will be allowed in Stunty (i don't think so), I would be happy enough to have new teams, no matter who created them. But we are talking about this without knowing if Wathball has the intention to add new teams. Let's hope so Smile
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

depends how long it will take to add them onto here. I have no idea how long it will take.

but some new teams would be awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Next up will be a few minor tweaks to some rosters for balancing. Then we can start to look at a new team. Right now things are moving slowly, the big revamp push and handbook were very draining.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit2: Although they're not really passing play, tavern pact does sound like a nice addition. They got my vote.

Although pro flings are a step in the right direction, I think that what could really add to stunty is a team with fun and reliable-ish passing play. I'm working on a concept atm (but won't vote for it, of course). =D

Edit1: OK, I still won't vote for my own concept, but since it's now done but still new and thus not in the list above, I will post a link to my
passing play hobgnoblars here.

Last edited by the_Sage on Jan 08, 2014 - 19:51; edited 2 times in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, eight replies and fully half of them pimp their own teams despite my admonition not to do that. Sheesh.

As a reminder this thread is to find any team other than your own that you'd like to see added and VOTE for that one team.

WhatBall wrote:
Right now things are moving slowly

Don't listen to that guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I hear he slow plays imminent big new things anyway. "Oh no, there's nothing to see here...BAM! Stunty awesomeness!"

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Daemon Engines sound like fun Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell you what Sigmar, you put my team link in the OP and I'll edit my post into a vote for someone else's =P

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

why can't we vote for ourselves...

do you think Obama voted for Romney in 2012?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
why can't we vote for ourselves...

Because then these posts turn into everybody proclaiming the virtues and awesomeness of their own designs. We all already know every team's inventor like their teams.

If your designs are worthy, others will vote for them.

the_Sage wrote:
Tell you what Sigmar, you put my team link in the OP and I'll edit my post into a vote for someone else's =P

Done.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Tavern Pact were a fluffy, fun idea, and one that would develop a unique playstyle.

They're not all there yet, but with the right development, they could get there.
 Jump to: