49 coaches online • Server time: 11:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Panelheaders go a bit weird if you change their colour. You can use a block or table in any colour though, for a similar effect, just without rounded corners.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2014 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh.. I was hoping for a simple dirty fix. I'm not a BBcode-guru, and I'll just stick with the green then. I have the code done for the list of players, so starting fiddling too much with it might get me in trouble instead of changing it.
No worries. And thanks again.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on the Whalekillers' bio and would really like to see an overview of all the bbcode syntax available/enabled for Fumbbl.

I know of the nice bbcode101 help page we have, but I need more detail, like for example available border styles, etc etc.

This has probably been asked before, but couldn't find the answer anywhere, so please halp.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

[moan] Didn't think so... Neutral [/moan]
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl BBcode is quite limited, and the things you ask for are not implemented. So there is no one to help you, every thing is pretty much known and documented in the few threads and help pages.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems I needed to be more succinct:

Although obviously limited, apparently there are still some bbcode parameters implemented on Fumbbl that is not covered by the help page. They might be all spread out across several bbcode threads, but there should be some documentation that came with the bbcode version/set we use.

If we could just get that out there, it would save us all a lot of work, and maybe open up some new creative avenues for exploration.

Or in the case it doesn't provide anything new, it would at least show us exactly what we have to work with.
tazdevilal

Post   Posted: May 11, 2014 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you code the disappearing drop down button I see on some profiles?
koadah

Post   Posted: May 11, 2014 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=notes&op=view&id=1

Post   Posted: May 11, 2014 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that. Doing the coding here is a lot more different to doing a normal web page.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 12, 2014 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
I know of the nice bbcode101 help page we have, but I need more detail, like for example available border styles, etc etc.

I've had zero success with borders apart from the default black ones.

The biggest things to learn are the toggles and nesting blocks (when to use a floatcontainer, when to us efloatleft, etc), especially for the fancier pages. If you can figure those out, the rest is easy...

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Preview of the new bio of the Sammiches.

Only the Wanted list is definitive, I'm gonna change the rest, and I yet have to fix some of the shadows of the menu.

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2014 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Preview of the new bio of the Sammiches.

Only the Wanted list is definitive, I'm gonna change the rest, and I yet have to fix some of the shadows of the menu.

awesome!

Don't forget to post the code here when it's finished!

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2014 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I sure will post it.

Oh and by the way, my flings also got new shirts in the process. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost done.

Now I just have to write 35-ish match reports (Confused) and change the Bragging Rights part (use a post-it template for the next objectives and add an image for the qualifier they won.

I'm still undecided concerning the first page. Adding vertical bamboo borders would look great, but it would make updating this page really tricky.

And by the way, big thanks to the approval team who had to approve 4 or 5 times the same pics sometimes before I get them right. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2014 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam, have you tried this on the Sammiches page yet? It seems very wide, and there is a limit before images will start wrapping on team pages.