13 coaches online • Server time: 06:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2014 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
This might be where Ive gone wrong the last couple of seasons, not playing with enough intensity Razz

I have no idea if that's sarcastic or not - the " Razz " is never very definitive for me.

I usually do not get "intense", even when I do concentrate (and that's not all games to start with) - it's a "beer & pretzels" level board game with a lot of dice & luck that is beyond my control, and not a very action-filled one, not one to draw that sort of emotion out (of me). Even when I try hard to win, the games never feel "intense".

But somehow something in this one did, for me at least. ymmv.

BlueDevil420 wrote:
p.s. Don't forget to bring your rocks, there's a few rats who think they can catch them. Twisted Evil

In their ear! (an odd practice, but one that seems popular across all teams!) Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2014 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BlueDevils' Lumberjacks and gjopie's BC Rush are TIED, 2-2 - IN OVERTIME!

And... servers are down, so I can't spectate! Shocked Sad

Edit - and now it looks like the game is back down again. What a revoltin' development! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Smeat on %b %01, %2014 - %01:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2014 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

the Lumberjacks take home the win after going absolutely ballistic, causing a massive 5/2/2 cas, at least 6 of which were caused in OT.

Battle-Axe Nielsen leads his team to victory laying waste to rats left and right causing 5 cas, which apparently is great training, boosting him to a massive ST5. With 9 players on the official roster they lumber into the Challenge Cup final. Can they grab the gold?

It was a terrific game of back and forth and the replay should be massively entertaining. If I have time I'll write up larger report later this week.
Props to coach gjopie for taking my overtime onslaught in stride.
Winni

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna get married to Battle Axe Nielson and have many many children with him.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it was an exciting game, with plenty of ups and downs (but unfortunately ending with a down for the rats!)

The norsemen received first, and slowly marched their way towards the Rush endzone. For a while it looked like the drive had broken down, but they recovered to score. In the process, their hired chainsaw managed to get himself sent off before he had a chance to do any more than stun someone.

With just seconds left on the clock in the first half, the skaven stepped up and did what they do best - equalised in one turn. 1-1.

A pitch invasion at the beginning of the second half allowed the Rush to swarm down one side of the pitch, setting up an anti-wizard camp near the Lumberjack goal line. The Jacks managed to break through the defences, though, and a quad-"both down" from a hapless linerat left BCR in a vulnerable position and allowed them to knock the ball free.

The Rush managed to recover the ball with some classic gutter-runner play, but had no space left to stall, so were forced to score with 4 turns left in the game.

This is when it started to break down for the Rush. The Jacks managed to score fairly easily, levelling it at 2-2 and sending the game to overtime. The rats were pumped, despite the norse winning the coin toss, and blitzed into a position where they caught the kick in Jacks territory. The wizard chose to wake up at that point, zapping the ballcarrier, and an unfortunate bounce made the ball easy to recover. When Rush players were carted off the pitch in increasing numbers (a dead runner and a crippled stormvermin being the main victims), it became clear that there was nothing BCR could do to stop the inevitable.

Well done BlueDevil - and good luck in the final against whichever lizard team you face! We'll be cheering you on.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2014 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
Well, it was an exciting game, with plenty of ups and downs (but unfortunately ending with a down for the rats!)

That sums it up pretty well. Rats came close to break-aways so many times - if they had mouse-magic against the Pirates, they used it all up before this game. Ouch.

gjopie wrote:
... good luck in the final against whichever lizard team you face!

The Lizard Bowl was a tough game, and much like the above match could have gone either way several times, but the Expatriates pulled it out in the 2nd half for what will be their 3rd consecutive trip to the League Championship.

The game started with the Scavengers choosing to receive, and Wulf -Ag'ing the Expat's Krox, and then Wulf getting -Ag'd himself, on the two team's first turns. And that set the tone for the game.

Turn 2 the Scavs snaked a pair of Bribes - and those were off the table along with a skink, leaving only their wizard out of 460k in Inducements.

A freak OB kick had put the ball in the hands of a Scav' Saurus, and that was popped loose to end Turn 3, but the Expat's coaching staff had not warmed up to the game yet and were unable to capitalize on it, and a Scavenger skink showed that Ag 4 was not needed for amazing dodginess, and scored Turn 4 against the odds, Scavengers 1-0.

Turn 6 the Scav's Wizard blew an Expat Ag 4 ss'er off the field, but another Ag 4 picked up where he had fallen and, after losing a brief tango with a DT-ss'er on the goal-line (and with both teams still having 2 RR in their pocket!), another Expat skink stepped up scored to end the half 1-1.

2nd half 9 Scavengers (down 3 skinks, inc. their OTS KO'd) kicked to 10 Expats (down the Krox & 1 Ag 4 ss'er). For 3 Turns the Expats shifted and the Scavengers applied pressure, until Turn 4 an early snaked Break Tackle left the ballcarrier vulnerable to a pair of skinks. The ball was popped (and the skink BH'd), but a terrible bounce through the ruck of sauri left the ball far from the nearest Scavenger skinks, and the RR had been used (on skulls) to clear the last marker away from it. 3 dodges, a pickup and 2 GFI's later, the Scavenger skink, in range for the go-ahead score - dropped the handoff.

Turn 5, the Expats recovered behind some screening sauri, and next turn scampered to safety toward the goal line, and, having put 2 Scavenger sauri into the casualty box, controlled the field just well enough to avoid the DT-ss'er, and scored Turn 8 to go ahead, and win.

Inside sources report that one Expats' skink and their Frenzy saurus both got (normal) skills, tbd, but the most significant news is that their 5-season veteran Krox, the Gladiator, will not be joining them, recovering from a meaningless broken neck. (I mean, you have to have a neck to break in order for it to matter, right?) That will leave a big hole in the Expat's front line against the Norse in the Championship.

Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2014 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Site crash screwed things up for a while, and still feeling echoes ripple thru other leagues and scheduling, but Cup Championship is (tentatively?) scheduled for Friday, about half an hour from the time of this post.

BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Lumberjacks go all the way, winning the cup in their first full season in the main conferences!

Unfortunately for the neutral spectator, it was a quite onesided affair dicewise, as the Expat players choked. But Lumberjack supporters all over the old world could care less! Thrower Timber Jonas II, who muscled his way past the defending skink to score the first touchdown of the game, inspired by Battle-Axe Nielson also pushes himself to an incredible ST5 during the post match revelry.

A full matchreport will follow later this weekend, unless Smeat beats me to it.

Last edited by BlueDevil420 on %b %11, %2014 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2014 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

(Edit - cross-post)

Lumberjacks 2 - Expats 0!

Well, the Lumberjack's bash game caught fire right away, and the Expat's never got started. With 2 Sauri out early, Coach SunDevil's position didn't leave many options, and 3 snaked rolls in the first half gave away a defensive score, if only barely.

2nd half the Expats knew they could not give up another score, but their blocking dice stayed cold (3 dozen blocks, 0 casualties, 1 KO), and soon so did their passion to win as it became clearer and clearer this was not their year - again. The Lumberjacks owned the last 3 Turns of the game, not needing any of their 3 RR's or their Wizard or Apo.

Grats to BlueDevil - well played game, otherwise we might have at least threatened a score to get in range of a tie - but he made sure we didn't even have a glimmer.

ttorvatn

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2014 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratulations to the Lumberjacks Smile We were of course cheering for the Expats (Our heroes), but one has to admit that the 'Jacks were the best team... Probably because the Expats had to do their utmost to win the semifinal... or wait, the semifinal vs Rush and the 'Jacks was also a very intense affair... What about we all congratulate each other on a very exciting cup this year, with many very memorable games Smile
Winni

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

All hail the new champions!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I should go buy a lottery ticket... o.O
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The Loreni Jadefire narrowly edge the Arkhan Faraohs in a tense final to take home the Kislev Plate. Match report forthcoming.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats! Will we see you in the conferences next season?
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You absolutely will. Remember to bring your skull/skulls in any matches against my fragile WElves Very Happy.