75 coaches online • Server time: 22:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah. It's scary how dumb most people are.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
koadah wrote:

I assume that they will release crap then expect us to fix it for them.

Why? They didn't expect anyone to fix the terrible AI from the first game. And none of "us" ever has fixed it either.

There was no access to the AI other than some config files. And yes, coaches did improve the AI as far as they could by tweaking those files.

So, make it scriptable, make the scripts editable and someone may just do your work for you.

King_Ghidra wrote:

koadah wrote:

more bugs

[...]

existing bugs.

These really aren't a big deal. Hundreds of games being played each day and some big, well-organised, serious leagues are playing with this client without any significant problem.

So why buy the new one with only 8 teams when the old one with 20+ teams is working for you?

King_Ghidra wrote:

koadah wrote:

Really, I am surprised that they thought it was worth the effort to rewrite from scratch. They are going to have to claw back the money somehow

Not sure I understand this. You're saying they've lost money on BB? I've not heard this claim before - do you have a link to the numbers?

When did I say they lost money?

Obviously rewriting from scratch will require a lot more effort than just pushing out yet another edition of the same old crap with a few more teams & stadiums added.

So. If they have done that they must be hoping to bleed the fans dry for as long as possible.

King_Ghidra wrote:

koadah wrote:

and people who have LE or CE probably won't feel that they need BB2.

Depends somewhat on what they actually confirm feature-wise for the initial release, but I expect you're wrong there in general. The games industry model almost always involves shinier iterations with less content than their predecessors. People will certainly buy a prettier, slicker BB with the expectation it will be more feature-rich down the line.

Sure, some people will buy any old crap.

But, a lot of people who have bought versions of the old version won't buy it. I won't.

This isn't FIFA, Madden, GTA.

In terms of quality this was a crock of [censored]. Just as the GoT RTS was a crock. I didn't buy that either. Nor did I buy Dungeon Bowl.

So. Given their past record, the first version of this game is likely to be complete crap. However pretty it might look.

Anyone who has LE or CE will be better off sticking with that as it will probably take at least another two years or two versions to get to where CE is now.

If you buy it and enjoy it, good for you.

A lot of people were able to buy LE & CE for £5-£8 due to being conned in to buying BB1. If they expect many of those people to jump on BB2 they are going to be disappointed.

They'll be treating this like a MS operating system. Wait for the 2nd or 3rd service pack if they buy it at all.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, as much as I enjoy the visuals of the game not having almost everything intact is just a waste of my money. All teams, all stars!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Maybe you are right. I guess the truth of it is most consumers are idiots then.

I would say that most consumers aren't stalwarts on principled consumerism and prefer a half good thing than nothing at all.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Garion wrote:
Maybe you are right. I guess the truth of it is most consumers are idiots then.

I would say that most consumers aren't stalwarts on principled consumerism and prefer a half good thing than nothing at all.

Well more fool them. However in this case these arent the only options they have. There is a 3rd choice which is play on fumbbl, for free, with rules that are a lot closer to being complete, with less bugs (none of which break the game) and many other positives.

On a brighter note though Mordehim is getting a release, sweet!!!! thats great news! - http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/03/31/mordheim-city-of-the-damned-brings-turn-based-strategy-to-a-doomed-city/