33 coaches online • Server time: 12:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What can we do to spread the love ARRound?
Add more badges! We want (post idea below)...
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
Track more stats! I want to know (post it, fool)...
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
We want more updates! I demand more PM and/or blogs!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Give me some money, I need to buy a pie!
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
I have this idea for a meta-meta contest...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
well i won, so now I'm 1/0/0 or 6/1/0 depending on how you look at it. Boy my elves are taking a beating Very Happy

It turns out that when you look at the 8 most beat up races (by cas taken via koadah's BlackBox data) they look like ARR... what a coincidence! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Garion wrote:
well i won, so now I'm 1/0/0 or 6/1/0 depending on how you look at it. Boy my elves are taking a beating Very Happy

It turns out that when you look at the 8 most beat up races (by cas taken via koadah's BlackBox data) they look like ARR... what a coincidence! Wink

Shocked! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

how do you check those stats?

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/stats.html

Then you can mess around with pre/post scheduler fix, and sort by least played (ARR is least played 8 races before the fix), or cas for away team (looks a lot like ARR) and so on.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

cool cheers,

Another win for the elves, which makes it 7/1/0. Half way there and only half a team of regular players left Razz

When does the season end?

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

End of May, u have time Smile
Thinking of going for a third sprint with underworld. Completed with ogres and 1 game left for my gobbos.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2014 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ah good. well I got an extra game in today to make it 8/1/0 so only 7 games to go. and another catcher dead lol my poor elves.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So my first ever stint of 16 done, not to shabby i think being my first.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 15:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Shocking News! Garion retired his elves this morning with an 8/1/1 record! In a great position to place in the top 3, a dream that will no longer be realised for touted starlet Handy
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah retired team I thought min max low tv was gone. But discovered it was not. I will not play in box again until scummy min max teams are gone. I like to play blood bowl. Not min max bowl where teams with no positionals abuse tv match making. Sorry but the division just isn't for me if people are going to act like idiots and ruin the environment for proper blood bowl players I'd rather see the division die then maybe people will learn how to play blood bowl how it is meant to be played.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I respect both you and your decision Garion but taking a look at the match up i think you exaggerate a bit imho. Although what you say may describe what is happening in the box in general, i would describe the specific dwarf team that you played and alternative/experimental and quite interesting build focused on Av9 (no runners and slayers). In any case, it is obvious that the Box is not going well and really questionable if there is a fix. The ARR unfortunately is not the way to fix the Box but it sure is a way to mock it Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. Add the other positionals to the roster and the tv increases which would mean I would not face a team as well developed. It's clear that the team is gaming the system sure it's not the worst min max team ever, far from it in fact. But it is the principle of it. I want to play dwarf teams with 1 runner at least, with 2 troll slayers, like the first time I played. The team I faced is not a blood bowl team. It is a team designed to exploit its environment and I will not partake in such a lame version of the game. It's sad as I enjoyed all my other games as did my opponents but as always there are people that are happy to kill the box just to get a few easy wins.

The box is going to die soon anyway and good riddance. If people can't be sociable and play the game in the way it was designed then the division deserves to die and on their head be it.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really see this as an issue with min/maxing. Yes the dwarves are strong but what are they going to take but MB/guard/PO?

AV9 and 12 men don't need an apoth at that TV. The shocker is that Garion's Pros had no apoth after 9 games! Isn't that min/maxing?

The dwarves didn't need a runner after the blitzer went +AG.
I wouldn't call that dwarf team min-maxers at all. A troll slayer gets +MA, frenzy and dauntless for only 20k. It's easily worth taking at least one for the push out threat.

That team was so slow that it was very reliant on removing players. Did they even have their POMBer on the field?

This was basically the typical dwarf vs AV7 potential train wreck. If they didn't get the cas you would have danced around them.

If it looks like a min/max I'd say that is due to the horrible cost and fragility of pro elf positionals. Dang, no wonder no one plays em! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, you're a good enough coach to overcome this kind of stuff.

I mean ffs, you're 8-1-1 and complaining about min/max.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

We've had dwarves the last two games. Eight cas last time out. It's grim Wink

Hate lizardmen too. And one turners. And wood elves. Wink

And did I mention...

Jump to: