48 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all.

I am going for a character team which is similar to the Tentacle Nurgle teams you see about the traps. Anyway, the theme here is Prehensile Tail and general annoyance and I am looking for advice on development.

This is the team at present: Tails From The J.M.C

For those not interested in clicking on the link. Here is the general plan from the bio:

"Basic Plan:

Warriors: Prehensile Tail -> Block -> Guard -> SF -> MB -> Claw

All Beasts to take Diving Tackle on a double skill roll except BC (Dodge on BC). First Beastman to take a stat to be the ball carrier.

General Beasts: Prehensile Tail -> Block -> Guard -> Tackle.

For more annoyance, at least a couple of Wracklers. Ideally 2 or 3. These will be developed at the same time as the Tail squad Very Happy"

What I am looking for is how to develop the players. I know I need block, but I was wondering whether to get another Wrestler when a Beast skills up (would make 2). Also, little things like should I go Block next on the Warriors? Eventually I would like everyone having Guard as that would be annoying for teams trying to block themselves free (turning 1D into -2D etc). But again, does Guard first have any merit? I am not so sure that it does but it is sticking in my mind.

Also, doubles skills. I know I have Diving Tackle in the bio but would Sidestep be more annoying? I guess with Block/Guard/Prehensile Tail then Sidestep could be an utter pain.

Anyway, just looking for peoples thoughts on how to develop the players in the team as it currently stands.

Thanks all,

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically, no Elfs will play you and bash teams will destroy you? Sounds fun! Smile

Since they ARE Chaos, you should have at least one dedicated "killer" or blitzer with the normal Claw/MB/PO.....

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You'd be surprised. Anyway, it IS for fun so if bash teams destroy us so be it. And a killer should be involved I suppose. Just want it to be more about the annoyance factor.

Besides, seems close to what happens with my other Chaos team anyway Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess something like this https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=738854

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Change you can believe in (the team linked by Jimmy) is _the_ blueprint for a Chaos annoyance team.
Synn mentioned that the team is especially good at annoying bashers, which surprises many bash coaches that seek an easy target.
I think the guard spam and having the warriors as a strong core with block and guard first helps a lot. Remember, 1d or even -2d with block vs blockless player is not that bad in tight situations, especially when one only needs to remove/pushback a tentacle/pt
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems right. The guard spam could come in handy. It does depend on when and how guys skill though.

I am just wondering how to reach that kind of situation. When I shoukd start spamming Guard etc...

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Right after you've spammed mutations as first skill on every player. And maybe some block and wrestle. If you're going to do it, then really do it, not a half-hearted effort.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Wizfall

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like concept teams a lot but i believe they should remain the most competitive possible in what they do.
Otherwise against a top tier 1 team of a same skill level coach (or stronger) it often become a one sided game which often lead to frustration (and give up of the team/concept) and poor overall enjoyment.
I would take block or wrestle first skill and then prehensile tail :
Block/Wrestle-> Prehensile Tail -> whatever.
The team will then be playable/enjoyable even against strong opponents/teams while keeping the concept intact.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think taking block on str3 is a must, but not for the str4 guys. The latter can take guard and tail, so basically reach maximum annoyance factor at 16 spp. The idea is that the stronger players fix the field and opposing players, while providing help to each other and for the blitzers.
With that strategy you would quickly reach the sweet spot, as you need 1-2 skills per player, and you have a core of all you need (although not everything on everyone).

Note that guard and tails work wonders when together as all stack, so the opponent would try to escape with somebody, so you need probably 2 sweepers, who cant take guard, tail in most cases, but should be the tackle,frenzy type.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. With the Warriors I am still thinking Block as I just need the stability. Having said that, one or two could possibly take Guard first as ST4 can cover a fair few bases.

Anyway, got my two Wrestler/Sweepers now, so I can now finish off the tails and get the Block and Guard going.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for the record: I have learnt to take guard first with Black orcs, and would take prehensile tails with them over block, if that would be available to them.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Right.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
So basically, no Elfs will play you and bash teams will destroy you? Sounds fun! Smile

Since they ARE Chaos, you should have at least one dedicated "killer" or blitzer with the normal Claw/MB/PO.....

Well, in ranked, prehensile tail doesn't show up as one of the listed skills, so some elf teams would be willing to play a non-killer Chaos team, only to find out just what their getting into.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes it would be good for that. Not really better at winning than a killy team but certainly better at getting games.