41 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings and Clan Moulder
Two more big guy teams to have fun with Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

you masochist Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Witch Elves, Garion was worried about pricing. Personally I think there should be the 2 options. 1 expensive (av8) and one cheaper (av7).

I wasn't worried about the pricing, that roster was really straight forward. Witch Elves stay the same, linemen are the same as pro elves. The only thing I wasn't 100% on was whether to limit witch elves to 6 or 8, but we decided that taking 8 would probably be detrimental anyway, so might as well let people play the all out crazy frenzy way if they wish Razz

Are you forgetting the debate we had about making the linos av8? The reason we went with AV7 was your argument on pricing issues.

I don't know, my thoughts on this would be maybe 2 teams. One with av7 linos and ma8 witches (think of the fluff to match that) and a av8 lino and a normal witch elf.

I'm playing with an av8 lino, they aren't doing that well. It's not really a price issue though.....at least I don't think.

On the witch elves, what's going on with the icons, where are all the ones you did?

bghandras all these '2 tone' rosters are like that for starting builds really. It's how you progress them that's interesting.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted av7 because they are witch elves in training basically. Their Caste system is priestess, witch, hag, (hag will be a star player if I get round to it)

that was the only priestess icons i did iirc.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, I've got loads of icons you did for this team. They should be in the me/you/zak pm thread. I think I only added one.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the arts a lot (both players pics and icons).
It's very well made.
The best roster (in term of gameplay, that add something really new and not a variaton of another roster) are the four Nations, bretonians and kislev team.
A mass fend team make the skill better but is very difficult to develop with the current rosters and not worth it without a roster-built discount.
Same thing with a mass dump-off/Nerves of steel combo, perfect balance wise for a base AG3 ream.
I dislike the Four Nation team though (both the fluff/icons/roster except the mass AG3 DO/NoS design of course).
It's the only team i dislike the icons, not that there are done bad but because they scream boring, and doesn't look like Blood Bowl to me (the rugby gameplay idea is good but the rugby graphics design is not IMO).
I dislike the Knight in the Bretonian roster (i understand the fluff idea behind but seeing a human in full plate armor being faster and not better protected than normal human seems very weird). I would call it a Noble and change the icon. Or modify the roster like this :
0/2 Knight 5/3/3/9 Block, Dauntless GS 80k
0/2 Noble 7/3/3/8 Block, Catch GAS 100k

The Zoat are OP, more or like Khemry but much better IMHO.
The Zoat Juven is a much better lineman that a skelly and make a much better BC too (with some xp) than a Thro Ra.
The Zoat is much better than a TG, AV8 drawback and 20k is far from being enough to compensate a +1MV and break takle/surefeet/ST5 built in combo (and the awesome G skill access on top of that).
Also reroll 10k less.
In the end Khem are a bit more bashy (2 more S access players and regenerate, AV9 TG resilience edge is more than compensated by G access on single for Zoat) but much less mobile and with a much worse BC (especially since you will have at least 7 Zoat Juven, probability to roll a +stat...).
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:

I dislike the Knight in the Bretonian roster (i understand the fluff idea behind but seeing a human in full plate armor being faster and not better protected than normal human seems very weird). I would call it a Noble and change the icon. Or modify the roster like this :
0/2 Knight 5/3/3/9 Block, Dauntless GS 80k
0/2 Noble 7/3/3/8 Block, Catch GAS 100k

100% agree with you about Bretonnian roster. I don't like it at all. I used plasmoids Bretonnian roster just out of respect because he has put so much work in to it. However each time he changes it the roster makes less sense, his latest change takes S access off the knights and given them P access, I mean WTF. His reason for this is apparently Bretonnian knights are very different in the bloodbowl world and they are all about passing and finesse etc... Basically he has bolted on the stats and skills he wanted, ignored the fluff and made up some spurious fluff to suit his needs. I think I will go back and re-design Bretonnia to fit the real Blood Bowl fluff and base it on the actua existing Blood Bowl roster for bret that was used in 4th edition.

Zoats, I'm not sure I agree with you there, sure they are faster and more mobile but they have no block or sure hands as starters, and their st5 players are av8 and the team doesn't have regen. But time will tell. I will be very surprised if they perform better than khemri though.

Oh and as for not liking the 4 nation fluff. I love that. That is actually based on the old Albion which used to be split in to 4 lands (representing England, Northern Island, Scotland and Wales). GW later changed the fluff (this is what the Albion roster is based on) to make this old fluff possible in the new World that back story had to be created. However I think it is very clever as it is based on a number of real events that took place in the fictional world. I'm quite proud of how it was all sewn together really Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In regards to the Were team....in D&D WereBears are very lawful lycanthropes that are among some of the smartest of were creatures. They often work alone and can heal as if by magic. I would think giving them Regenerate and Claw and then give the whole team Animosity would be more on the fluff mark. Were creatures do not really trust other races of lycanthropes.

Also, WereBears are extremely intelligent, so Really Stupid does not fit fluff-wise.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
In regards to the Were team....in D&D WereBears are very lawful lycanthropes that are among some of the smartest of were creatures. They often work alone and can heal as if by magic. I would think giving them Regenerate and Claw and then give the whole team Animosity would be more on the fluff mark. Were creatures do not really trust other races of lycanthropes.

Also, WereBears are extremely intelligent, so Really Stupid does not fit fluff-wise.

This isn't D&D though this is Blood Bowl, and in Blood Bowl official fluff dating right back to 1st and 2nd edition werebears are really dumb, there is fluff in the BB books that talks about them being so dumb they eat their own coaching staff and so on. Also they do not regenerate in the Blood Bowl world either. So the fluff is spot on here.

However in the Blood Bowl world you are right about animosity, the different wereraces do not get on with each other here either. But I would like to see how that roster performs first before adding negatraits. Also animosity technically isnt implemented properly in the client. An exception in the code was written just for the Underworld team, so if animosity roll is failed they can pass to another member of the same race, so it does appear as if it is implemented correctly. However with these customer rosters if I added animosity it would not work properly as this exception cannot be used for these new races, so if someone failed the animosity roll they would not then be able to pass/hand off to a player of the same race which they should be able to. I hope that clears things up Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, the Treeman team. Why not Dryads added to the roster? 4 MA 3 ST 3 AG 8 AV Claw, Extra Arms

Or Tree Kin?

Or something like that.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

because its a stunty roster. Dryads have their own team, and I hate treekin. I think they suck, both the models and the fluff and I own a wood elf army - https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Garion https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Garion&id=15219

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Werewolves hate all living things, even other Werewolves! So that is ok imo.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

For me you have to stay within racial characteristics. Plasmoid and the Brets do not do this. Why do peasants get fend? Ok ok I've had it explained to me a few times, but humans do not come with fend, so for one to get one...........it would need a great reason. A peasant doesn't have any good reason. I like my Bret roster Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

whats yours again? I'm sure it will be better than plasmoids which is really terrible now that knights lose S access. Thats such a dumb idea.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
NerdBird wrote:

This isn't D&D though this is Blood Bowl, and in Blood Bowl official fluff dating right back to 1st and 2nd edition werebears are really dumb, there is fluff in the BB books that talks about them being so dumb they eat their own coaching staff and so on. Also they do not regenerate in the Blood Bowl world either. So the fluff is spot on here.

However in the Blood Bowl world you are right about animosity, the different wereraces do not get on with each other here either. But I would like to see how that roster performs first before adding negatraits. Also animosity technically isnt implemented properly in the client. An exception in the code was written just for the Underworld team, so if animosity roll is failed they can pass to another member of the same race, so it does appear as if it is implemented correctly. However with these customer rosters if I added animosity it would not work properly as this exception cannot be used for these new races, so if someone failed the animosity roll they would not then be able to pass/hand off to a player of the same race which they should be able to. I hope that clears things up Smile

Oh, Grandma Wendy always screwing with the Fluff! Smile I have never ready any fluff in the Warhammer world about werebears that I can recall.... so I am in the dark on this one. Thanks for the info. In all my years of playing Warhammer and other GW games I know how contrary some of their fluff can get.... Smile
 Jump to: