68 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
babass

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:AlbionA

thanks!

There is some secret rosters so secret, there are not on the secret list:
https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague

edit:
nice roster. potential Tier1...
why RR at 70k ?

Last edited by babass on %b %28, %2014 - %17:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

No.......this is why this thread was a bad idea. The main thread has all the information.

In short there is an area for races in the warhammer world and an area for teams in the bloodbowl universe.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

These are two separate things. One SL secret league is a list of rosters for all the races in The World that don't currently have a team. The other is the SLC secret league classic. All those teams are famous teams from blood bowl fluff.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

babass wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:AlbionA

thanks!

edit:
nice roster. potential Tier1...
why RR at 70k ?

Because they aren't a top NAF team. So they should be weaker. However, yeah....not sure why I made them 70 instead of 60k as the team's weaker than a pro or darky team. I'm happy to see that changed if the change is popular and well thought out.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the fact the sea elves are based off High Elves. The Elves manning the High Navy are not slower and/or stronger than their kin. The Lothern Sea Guard is who mainly mans the High Elf Ships.

Another thing is the whole point of Ithilmar armour is that it does not slow them down but is as strong as any heavy armour in the Old World except for the Dwarves Gromril armor.

I just find the roster to be a poor excuse to throw out a Av9 Elf. Fluff-wise it doesn't make sense.

But then again the main High Elf roster does not make sense:

Lion Warriors that catch??? White Lions are the only St4 Elf in Warhammer and wear heavy armor. So why are they catchers with Av7?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought a High Elf team should look something like this:
0-2 Phoenix Warrior (Thrower)80K: 6348 Pass, Nerves of Steel A,G
0-2 Lion Warrior (Blocker)120K: 6448 Frenzy G,S
0-2 Dragon Warrior (Blitzer)100K: 7348 Block A,G,S
0-2 Ellyrian Reavers (Catchers)90K: 8347 Catch A,G
0-16 Citizen Levy (Linemen)70K: 6348 A,G

Rerolls: 50K

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Stuff

Yeah, it's not easy. However what you are suggesting is a superteam.

"I don't like the fact the sea elves are based off High Elves. The Elves manning the High Navy are not slower and/or stronger than their kin. The Lothern Sea Guard is who mainly mans the High Elf Ships."

Sea Elves are tougher than their land compatriots, that is fact. High Elves as a rule are protected from the harsh environment and from pirates and dark elves due to the grim perseverance of the Sea Elves.

For me, Sea Elves are characterised by long mesh armour (a bit contradictory to manning a ship). This for me is a trade off of MA and AV. They also have the best and most artillery.

"Another thing is the whole point of Ithilmar armour is that it does not slow them down but is as strong as any heavy armour in the Old World except for the Dwarves Gromril armor."

This is in other words 'Mithril armour, and was called so until a copyright issue reared it's head. This is how it worked in Warhammer (Mithril/Gromril) did not add a weight penalty. However this has never been the case in Bloodbowl. If anything it increases the AV rather than gives the same AV for more movement (compared to heavy armour). In short, this idea does not transfer well to bloodbowl, so it has not been included to bloodbowl.

"I just find the roster to be a poor excuse to throw out a Av9 Elf. Fluff-wise it doesn't make sense."

To be honest, I'd need to refresh myself with the roster in secret league. However I hope I have given you some fluff insight into why they would have extra armour.

"Lion Warriors that catch??? White Lions are the only St4 Elf in Warhammer and wear heavy armor. So why are they catchers with Av7?"

Well obviously one positional had to fit in with a warhammer elite unit (as this is what they were trying to portray).

The reason the Lion Warrior got the catcher job was all about aesthetics. The Lion Warrior hand resembles a or could be made to resemble (baseball catchers mit). Therefore they got the job. It looks ok, however now of course lion/dragon/phoenix warriors have been eradicated.
babass

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
I don't like the fact the sea elves are based off High Elves.

in previous rosters running on the web, those Ar9 elves were called "Ice elves".
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sea Guard that man the ships wear the same armour as the rest of the Citizen Militia; light armor. The Sea guard are always armed and always ready to go to battle and are trained to use bows as well as spears and Eagle Claw Bolt throwers.

The only other people on the ship are the Ship's company which would be unarmoured or, at best, have some light armour. Surely not Ithilmar or chainmail and/or anything else that would restrict them climbing the ropes and balancing themselves in the rigging.

I have been playing Warhammer, Man O War and reading anything fluff-related on High Elves for the past 20 years.... This Team does not even come close to capturing the High Elves. Everything they do is about being fast and agile...doing some hit and run attacks on the Naggaroth and on the Norsca coast.

What I am saying is there is no need or reason to have Av9 Elves. Doesn't exist. Their toughness always has been and always will be a problem. The only Elves that would have Av9 would be Dragon Knights or Black Guard with all their armor on...Surely not out on the pitch. The Sea Elf army I played 10 years ago or so relied on ranged attacks and quickness, not withstanding hit after hit....

My whole problem with the Catcher is the fact that no other Elf would wear a White Lion hide. The White Lions must go out and kill a White Lion in HTH combat to be accepted and wear the pelt as a sign they have completed this..... Surely not a fast catcher type.

The High Elves have a load of Elite Units and I think them taking away the terms "Phoenix Warrior, Dragon Warrior and the like is fine with me...but at least try and incorporate their tactics and history into the game. High Elves are very battle-hardened individuals seeing their island invaded many times. I have about 30000 points of High Elves for Warhammer so I don't forget this game is based off of that.....High Elves kill things and they kill very well. They do kill things honorably though....
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Warhammer Fantasy should have nothing to do with BB. Screw 3rd ed minis and fluff!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was not for Warhammer, Blood Bowl probably would not be very successful. Wink

Also, I would rather play Fantasy over any other game, but it is very time consuming so i opt for the smaller games like Mordheim and Bloodbowl.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerd bird this is where you are being to warhammer centric. Also your roster is the most broken roster in the whole of bb history.

Please read blood bowl fluff the worlds are slightly different. There were two sea elf teams in blood bowl fluff from which the team is based.

Finally the point of ithilmar is it is the only heavy armour they are capable of wearing and while it may not be restrictive in wfb playing sports in heavy armour is always going to be restricting.

You have a real problem with the normal high elf team too and I repeatedly here you say they should have a wizard to use every game amongst other silly things. All this comes from you being too stuck in wfb, when there is existing fluff in the bb world that is different.

Also keep in mind sea elves from 3rd ed are very different from the current wfb sea elves and if I were to draw from wfb it would always turn to 3rd ed first because this is what bb resembles the most.

Last edited by Garion on %b %28, %2014 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly High Elves should never have been a team. Should have just been Elves and Dark Elves like 2nd ed. But oh no they had to make it fit in with fantasy so make them High Elves and make them look like a Warhammer army with weapons snipped and name all the positionals after units in the army. Horrible.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2014 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sea Elf roster has me interested. Cant go wrong with tougher elfs.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
 Jump to: