62 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Badoek

Post 2 Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Please don't kill me, it's not FUMBBL, it's Cyanide:

Pocketgamer
Roland

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

only six races though...
xyon

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Six races? similar to the original version of blood bowl then.

Edit: er.. the original that cyanide released, they only had 8 to start.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's also only 2 races to start, Orcs & Humans, with more available in the in-game store. For another £1.99 each...

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeap unlocked all the race and the game for no money ^^ tried online play but cyanide game + touch interface made me rage quit pretty fast

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't have a tablet, so couldn't play this game even I could stand the Cyanide version. In either case, does the game allow you to play against the other races, since you can play against those who have the PC version?

If yes, I wonder why they limited the race selection SO much, and why they couldn't make it entirely free to play, since you have to buy the other four races anyway.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand why they've done it, but with BB2 coming up it seems a bit meagre to me.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
It's also only 2 races to start, Orcs & Humans, with more available in the in-game store. For another £1.99 each...

*facepalm*
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i tried and after 6 games :
1 crash
3 opponent disconnected
2 completed games

approximativelly the same odd to dodge with a saurus ... not enough for a paid product for me.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

So,
4.99 USD for Orcs & Humans, plus
2.99 USD for each additional team.

If they release all the teams they have as DLC, you're in for 67.78 for a recycled port of BBLE.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
I can understand why they've done it, but with BB2 coming up it seems a bit meagre to me.

Maybe it's proof of concept? Laughing
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Badoek wrote:

Maybe it's proof of concept? Laughing

If you believe it is a meagre attempt, I don't think you really understand why they did it. Wink

It is for profit, as much return as possible for as little effort and and expenditure as necessary. Port an existing game to tablets, strip the teams bare, mark up the DLC, sit back and watch the payments come in. The timing had to be now, before BBLE is redundant because of BB2. One last chance to pass the collection hat with the old buggy code. They will in all likelihood release a BB2 tablet version, after the PC version, that will relegate this one to the dumpster along with BBLE.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking it was more of a proof of concept for portability of their next product - but yes, the margins make porting it for profit in its own right worth it.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I was responding more to Badoek's first post, but agree with you there is probably be a PoC element as well. If BB2 is due out in the near future, then a tablet version would benefit from trying it once already with the old code as a test case.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

being a macbook/PS household, this release is bittersweet. it's the old, terrible version i've read about for years. it's a blatant cash grab. it's ... ugh ... only six teams?! regardless, it will be on my ipad in a few hours because i am a weak willed BB fan who likes to beat up stupid AI every once in a while.
 Jump to: