38 coaches online • Server time: 01:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2014 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG is golden on any human player. At least the Plebians still have the services of your Master of Falcons. Smile

Join the Human League Premiership!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2014 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

Only a bit more than two weeks left, and a pattern is finally emerging with two serious candidate for the final victory.
Premier Predators (nomen omen...) gained a strong lead in the Premiership, and nufflehatesme can become the first coach to win it with two different teams!
On the Conference side, Bamako Lions put up a decent record and it seems we will finally welcome a top coach like Elyoukey in the Human League Hall of Fame.
Keep it up, it's not done until it's done!

First three Premiership positions:
1. Premier Predators - 42 points (8/3/4)
2. Äkta Människor - 37 points (6/3/7)
3. Alfreds Team - 26 points (4/5/0)

First three Conference positions:
1. Bamako Lions - 49 points (10/3/3)
2. Vault Tec Squad - 42 points (6/8/2)
3. Sons of Brutus - 39 points (7/4/3)

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
+AG is golden on any human player. At least the Plebians still have the services of your Master of Falcons. Smile

Also an ag4 blitzer. Finally getting my blitzers skilled up a bit so hopefully we wont be such lightweights.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I need some advice from my fellow human blackbox coaches. In their last game, my Memphis hu-Maniax (HL) defeated a Chaos Pact team but at a pretty hefty cost. Our S3 Catcher, Darryl 'Mantis' Hobbs, gave his life so that a teammate could score the clinching TD. Darryl was easily our best scorer, accounting for 7 of the team's 12 TDs so far and his promising career was cut short by an Ogre rerolled block.

I have another catcher that I was developing as a ball stealer, he has one skill so far - Wrestle. I do want to buy a 2nd catcher to take Mantis' place as the primary scorer, but I am uncertain if I should wait til I'm not running journeyman due to a Blitzer missing a game and a death in a previous game I haven't replaced yet.

Should I buy the new Catcher now or should I wait until all my players come back healthy and buy a Catcher and a Lineman at the same time?

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in the box you can end up with a long string of games with players missing - which supports the idea of just biting the bullet and buying the second catcher now. On the other hand having an unskilled catcher forced to take the field on defense isn't great.

I'd hire him now. Other's would probably never hire him Wink

The team is looking like good fun. Fast, passing plays from the Thrower, two catchers. Looks really entertaining to watch. I'll have to keep an eye out for them on the pitch.

Join the Human League Premiership!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hail to the greatest human ever. Tonight, Rok Hedsmasha suffered his third SI, career ending one.
He will be forever remembered in the HL Hall of Fame with this epitaph.

Your blitzer is not a scoring machine like Max Schmerz? Your player is not god-like strenght gifted like timmy IV?
Well, the greatest human player ever is Rok Hedsmasha.
He portraits himself as nothing special, but he is the epitetome of the slobber-knocker! More than 250 games of hard grinding, 274 casualties that make him the top blocker ever and two Premiership titles. Last but not least, more than 701 SPP, by far the all time top star for humanity in the box!

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame he didn't collect the entire set of injuries, but the NI is probably too much to carry. Hail Hedsmasha!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Scores

Season 19 Premiership title goes to the Premier Predators, joining Bayernhoff Bengals, Mata Leon and Vault Tec Squad in the restricted club of doublers (I rember the none got a Double, and we a physical prize - kickstarter dices - for that...). Moreover coach nufflehatesme is the first coach to win the Premiership with two different teams (Inglorius Followers and Premier Predators) and to win the title three times. Well done sir, that's the stuff of legends!
But we have a problem. You know I hate having no logo in the HLP Hall of Fame. I can pass for a Conference title, but for a Premiership one is totally unacceptable. Hence, no Hall of Fame update until you get a proper logo. Smile

Only four Sprints completed in back-to-back seasons (Premier Predators, Sons of Brutus, Tre St Manchester United, Äkta Människor), we are really suffering the drop in Box numbers, but at least they all have a winning record.

We are glad to welcome a new team in the Hall of Fame: the Bamako Lions got the Conference title despite a good comeback of the Sons of Brutus, that have to settle for a second place in both the Premiership and the Conference.
Elyoukey, the logo warning is there for you, too... Smile

Premiership

Top three positions

Winner: Premier Predators - 48 points (10/2/4)

Runner Up: Sons of Brutus - 44 points (8/4/4)

3rd Place: Tre St Manchester United - 44 points (8/4/4)

Minor Throphies

Sprinter: Premier Predators, Sons of Brutus, Tre St Manchester United, Äkta Människor

Top Scorer: Premier Predators, Tre St Manchester United

Top Basher: Premier Predators

Conference

Top three positions

Winner: Bamako Lions - 49 points (10/3/3)

Runner Up: Sons of Brutus - 47 points (9/4/3)

3rd Place: Vault Tec Squad - 43 points (7/6/3)

Minor Throphies

Top Scorer: Sons of Brutus

Top Basher: Äkta Människor

Last edited by OenarLod on %b %02, %2014 - %12:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
It's a shame he didn't collect the entire set of injuries, but the NI is probably too much to carry. Hail Hedsmasha!

The niggle was okay, it was the damage to his dwarven forged plate that signalled time. He could have played a couple more - but there was a hard ceiling at 257 games.

Playing the extra 10 games at 2St was an interesting exercise. He ended up being better than expected and still clocked up 8 Cas even though he was no longer the primary blitzer.

The Hall of Fame entry is awesome. Thanks OL.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers for the writeup OenarLod! i love smashing heads in for humanity, and the HPL makes it all the more satisfying. kudos to you and koadah.

as to the logo, i do have a master crafted logo by The_Murker. i have it uploaded to my team page which i can see, but it doesnt show up on the pitch (or in the hof by the look of things). my technical prowress has been discussed before, but i will delete and upload again to see if it helps.

thanks again OL!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For your logo to be visible on your team page to anyone except yourself, you need to have something in the team bio. Even just a space or a full stop will do.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

much appreciated Very Happy
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done, I will update the HL page and Hall of Fame on monday, when I will be back on a desktop PC.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ha, good for the lions, i don't spend lot of time on the forums, but i will try to enhance my humain play so they will keep their trophy

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hall of Fame updated!

Jump to: