36 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Karnov, take a chainsaw, bribe and a wizard and beat them for me for next week Very Happy
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely the chef and the apoth karnov.

You can easily beat that skaven team Lizzie, in fact I think your zons are pretty well placed against all the teams in Reggies. Teams in reggies are either first season teams who are newly created, second season teams who are still in reggies from their first season because they didn't finish high enough to go up to conference (top 4 plus more as necessary) and some teams who got relegated from conference (bottom two or less as necessary) like mine.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people got it some people don't. At some stage in the league you will face a far superior team with no answers, have a bunch of your players killed or face some sort of adversity. Success in league depends on getting through this and it's what is so rewarding. Sometimes you even surprise yourself. However, there's a lot of people that can't do it and that's what ranked is for - you can manage your games a lot easier ... But to me that's not how blood bowl was intended.

I appreciate that lizzie has let us know. What I'm really after now is a filler, anyone?

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to do the filling.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people just can't handle a challenge.

If you look at that Rat team, and see an insurmountable obstacle instead of a great opportunity to break some av7 and more than likely, if you play well, a great victory, then you are in the wrong place. That team is ripe for the picking. With the cash you'll get to spend you could roll them.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Did Laviak ever win with the zorcs?
Lizzie

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have decided to stick it out if you'll still have me.

Sorry, I was in a really bad mood last night.

I do really want to be part of a league and this seems like a nice place to do it. I will wear the mismatches until I can get my team up to scratch. I hadn't really considered all of my inducements options to be honest.

I hope you won't remove me?

I will PM DemonicLazoth too.

~Liz xoxox
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh they won the season my zons entered the competition and won it in a record 3 seasons. Coulda been the first!

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff!
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

great humblebrag Tomay
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No worries lizzie I hadn't replaced you yet. There is likely to be some tough games at times (especially when you face dorfs with Zons) but all you gotta do is put together a decent season overall. I still think with elves you shouldn't try to win every game but pick 5 to win at the start of the season and 2 to protect your assets at all costs. I'm no elf coach though.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

RedMaul wrote:
Did Laviak ever win with the zorcs?

He did. I really miss them "ladies".

Otherwise I'm both glad and saddened to hear that I won't be doing filler duties. Nothing's right I'm torn.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizzie wrote:
I have decided to stick it out if you'll still have me.

Sorry, I was in a really bad mood last night.

I do really want to be part of a league and this seems like a nice place to do it. I will wear the mismatches until I can get my team up to scratch. I hadn't really considered all of my inducements options to be honest.

I hope you won't remove me?

I will PM DemonicLazoth too.

~Liz xoxox

Onya, good to see you'll stick it out.

You need at least 5 seasons before you can get bitter and twisted about it. Wink

Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Good work Lizzie. You'll find the inducements help you out a bunch against the higher TV teams. With zons you'll probably end up playing against higher TV teams a lot just because zons tend to top out at about 1500 when other teams go a lot higher for their optimal builds. That's not a bad thing, it just means you'll have to get to know which inducements to use and when a lot more than other more bloaty teams.
Quote:

I still think with elves you shouldn't try to win every game but pick 5 to win at the start of the season and 2 to protect your assets at all costs. I'm no elf coach though.

I tend to try to win the first couple of games then get despondent and hire extra apothecaries for the last 5 after I lose the first couple. I'm hoping this season in reggies gives me a half a chance of winning a few, but the pummeling I took on monday doesn't bode well. (Currently advertising for a new number 1 wardancer :S)
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It was vigil's League of Exhumed Gentlemen (undead) that won season 1. Not sure about seasons 2 and 3 though I think it was between twahn (carlton united - human), flo711 (zen adepts - cdorf), or clayinfinity (blue mountain dragons - norse).

Season 4 was neverborn (corporate fraud chaingang - delf), was also the skinks first season in premier playing 5 games (6 team divisions) at 150tr to 195 (cdorfs), 154 to 168 (orcs), 151 to 184 (woodies), 160 to 207 (humans), and 170 to 194 (delfs). That was also before handicaps had been programmed into the client.
 Jump to: