41 coaches online • Server time: 00:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump off - he is, I'm assuming, your ball carrier so you want something that helps with that job.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I will pick accurate but will play the team more for fun than winning.
As you go with an orc thrower (bad idea for winning to begin with) and rolled 2 AG+ blitzer, you have the opportunity to play an original manageable not so crazy sub optimal build.
Otherwise KoR is way better, no doubt.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If your oppo does not have Kick (and you start him in the center of the backfield, where your oppo is most likely to aim), KoR gives him about a ~50%* chance to catch the ball to start a drive.

(* Better w/ Quick Snap, etc.)

The other half he is that much closer, to either mark it (against a Blitz!) or pick it up and have MA to get to the cage.

I know it feels like a useless skill 14-15 Turns out of the game, but for MA 5 those 1-2 Turns can be so critical.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:

I know it feels like a useless skill 14-15 Turns out of the game, but for MA 5 those 1-2 Turns can be so critical.

You probably have gathered by now that I love the desperate play, but Kick off return can also prove absolutely vital to OTTDs because the Sure Handed Pickup combined with orienting yourself with a legitimate shot to pick up the ball and hand it off makes it slightly better odds.

But I'm the guy who gave his Troll Pass on his first double...I love the TTM game.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

KOR or Kick

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

KOR or leader.

Fend -- 90% of the time he's getting blocked, it's going to be a cage scenario. If he has the ball, he's going to be at least semi-caged up, and if he doesn't, nobody's going to deliberately take on a ST4 blodger when there are so many easier targets. Fend is going to keep the opposing guy from following up into the middle of the cage (doesn't seem that useful), making another block with frenzy (given all the guard on your team, you'd probably WANT a frenzier to have to make a second block) or piling on (if the opponent will put himself down in the middle of the scrum for the ball, not much to say but "thanks.") I don't see enough here to justify 20k or even 10k in added value.

Giving him leader doesn't improve him as a player, but let's face it, there aren't a lot of things you can do to this guy right now to improve him as a player. I'd say accurate if you passed with him, but you really don't. KOR seems interesting to me, but if you're not into it, here we are. You could make the same argument for kick, but giving him kick forces you to use him on defensive drives, and I'm not sure you want to be tied to risking him like that.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input all; I've decided to go for KOR.

+1 Bunny point for the first person to pile on to him after this decision.

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, nice one.
Let us know when that happens (and when it's the last time (because he got fend OR killed) Very Happy