35 coaches online • Server time: 15:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karnov

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

NEWSFLASH

In breaking news, Coach K has resigned from the position of Head Coach of the Mootland Fighting Cockerels, effective immediately.

At this point in time, Coach K has not hinted at where he might end up. Where should he go?

Eat, Beat, Repeat - Monthly.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You do all realise just how slow dorfs are, right? Like really really slow. The prospectors might actually be able to get a kind of semi viable passing game going with two runners (kind of wish I took them instead of the anvils) but if you go ahead and take away a runner and a reroll they have nothing except grind it up (which is where the anvils already are).

ps: have I mentioned how slow they are?
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2014 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

WOLFENBURG WAFFLER:

This just in:

In a continuation of the rain soaked main event up North, the Bulls fans clocked Johan Lædre Bjørdal (Bears BLitzer) out of the game with a KO from an empty Stein. Woken up later he was heard to comment it wasn't the hit in the head that upset him as the lack of beer still in it!

Given the Bears predilection for Fouling and their greatly reduced numbers the Bulls decided to give Olaf and Bart some hitting practice in preparation for their next hard hitting opponents the Anvils, before finally walking it over in the last turn. The Bears wound up for payback, but the still dazed Johan led with his face instead of his fist and the turn ended to the laughter of both sets of fans and the chant quickly taken up by all in the stadium "Go the North!, Go the North!"

Will the missing VonNorden and Beirgarten threaten the Bulls' chances in the Red Bowl game? Or will the greater experience and leadership of the The Ox and The Bulle see the feisty Northners through? Stayed tuned to find out!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT END TO MATCH GIVES BEARS MORAL VICTORY
Article featured in Urslo Press

The Great Northern Brawl was played and although the score might have gone against the Bears, one couldn't help but see the moral victory.

The game suspended for a week after the players had a few beers which led to the two sides having a drinking contest that led to the fans being involved and ended with the majority of the 28,000 fans raiding the local brewery. This paper reports that the drinking contest was fairly won by the bears, who took the hangover with them into the second half, where all but one player ended up in the KO box.

The fans were there to see violence first and football second, and the Bears escaped with no lasting damage, where as the Bulls are in poor shape for their Red Ribbon game.

In other news some Bears fans are pointing towards their insane draw this season, having a Strength of Schedule far above any of the sides to finish above them. The coach said that influence from the Griffins was "highly likely" but didn't really mind since "it's more fun beating on the fancy pancy college's anyway"

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bowl games up. Participants - let us know when you schedule them.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2014 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I worked this out before a completion of a game hence the .5

SOS
Pheonix 44.5
Anvils 38
Scorpians 37
Bulls 29

Bears 55

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2014 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Penciled in for 9:30pm tomorrow night with an option to roll it to Tues if that doesn't take.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

GRATS TYRA NID
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

THNX M8
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Awww I was going to watch it

Grats - the perfect season!!

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I suggest that we go back to 3 seasons for players? Looking at Scorps and Phoenix, and comparing to the newer teams, I really think the original set-up was better.
Karnov

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Phoenix Very Happy

I watched the first half (until I had to go out) and Scorpions were in control...I'll have to watch the second now and see what went down...

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

...just watched it...what a finish!

Commiserations Scorpions - once all the rerolls were gone early in the second it looked a tough ask...

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I felt I got the short end of the RNG that game.
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Can I suggest that we go back to 3 seasons for players? Looking at Scorps and Phoenix, and comparing to the newer teams, I really think the original set-up was better.

I agree.

Karnov wrote:
Congrats Phoenix Very Happy

I watched the first half (until I had to go out) and Scorpions were in control...I'll have to watch the second now and see what went down...

Yep. All of the TDs in the game were from turnovers, I think!
 Jump to: