46 coaches online • Server time: 17:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should I skill this side?
Heavy Stand Firm, you've got a vision, stick it out!
51%
 51%  [ 17 ]
Mighty blow of course, it is optimal
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Lots of grab will get more players off the pitch
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Why take lots of a certain skill? Mix it up!
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 33

Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea and I have to scream that you should keep the original concept. To that end, I would dump the troll first because of the mighty blow he carries and second due to the bloat. If you find yourself being outnumbered, I would consider 2-3 linemen instead of the troll.

I did not really like the skill choice on the gobo. I would have gone either sidestep or diving tackle.

I agree with Overhamsteren. A DP could be wonderful to tilt the numbers in your favor. Take a tip from the flings and learn to foul like one of them.

The spam I would love is Guard and Stand firm. That would be the immovable object. For 2 blitzers I would go Guard, Tackle, Stand Firm.

But that is my take. Nice team.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:

PS. This is a league side, no need to worry about match ups.

This is where the logic goes off the rails. In league it is always about the match ups.

Looking at the SWL at the conference you are in it is practically begging you to take some tackle and Mighty Blow.

Then you start the slow spam up with Stand Firm to drive them insane.

Stop taking pointless MA upgrades in a league with almost no CLAW. Double down on your blocking plan by getting 10 AV spam going. It demoralizes coaches when you have AV 10, they have no claw and they do not want to block you because they feel it is little chance of actually hurting you.

League teams IMO should be tailored for the league they are in. Which comes down to match ups. You already know most of the time what the matches up will be.

Go B/MB/G/T/SF spam on all blitzers and BoB's. You pick the order but switch it up between those 8 players.

Take dodge on doubles...Blodge/SF is a bugger that will drive coaches insane if you can get a few players up and running with it.

Take AV over MA and of course some AG and ST never hurts.

There you go, my two cents.

You want unique? make a box or ranked team to tinker with unique builds. League teams should be built for league domination and not for some BB experiment lab.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

here is my SF/G/MB league team with one buff rowdy Death Roller to truly bring on the pain and suffering.
The inspiration for my above advice

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
DrDiscoStu wrote:

PS. Sage I think that Foul Appearance is a drastically underrated skill, if I was making a Chaos side without clawpomb I would load up on it.

Hrmm... I'd start off with Nurgle if you want to do that; it saves you 4-5 positionals to give it to. =)

Personally I'd love to get a prehensile tail stack team going.

Already on that journey...
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=777020

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The troll gives me easy access to guard and standfirm, and I would say they are the the concept, rather than an anti mb. Definitely anti po as I want my guard to shine.

Pain - thanks a lot for the feedback. One thing is I meant 'don't have to worry about finding match ups'
Eg not taking mb or po so people will play me.

The seasons are only 7 games long, when I took those +MA's there were two clawpombers running around. I had one this season. I also had a lot of elves and zon side hence the +ma/tackle brigade. S

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops had to go on that one

Anyway my twin tackling sweepers allow the others to focus on g/SF. I like my concept but I'm hardly going to stick to it rigidly if it means losing games, gotta have some tackle after all Smile

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: