43 coaches online • Server time: 10:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hayati

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone was interested in joining an Asian league (as opposed to a league centered around Australia and New Zealand)- one for those in and around Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, those time zone ranges. As for myself, I am in Sri Lanka, just 2.5 hours behind Singapore.

If there's an interest, I'd be more than happy to set it up Smile

buuface

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes i am in Thailand i would be interested
Hayati

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just send me a PM if interested, thanks Smile

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sri Lanka is too far west for SWL I'm afraid. Thailand may not be, depending on what time you play. Problem with the Aussies is that they tend to go to bed early.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly, so my plan is to set up a league for those in and around Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, those time zone ranges.

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... what hours of BBTIME would the league play?
I work 3rd shift in the US and need a new league.

I was hoping SWL would be the right fit for me but I am fairly certain I don't fit in with their time frame.

In general my times that I would be available while at work are from 6:00 BBTIME until 10:00 BBTIME.
I get home around 11:00 BBTIME and could play for a few hours after that too.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but there aren't many players from those regions.....if any. We used to have a Japanese league, there are players from there and China. However South East Asia...not many. And central asia where you are......none.

6am to 10am sounds like SWL time. However they don't take players outside of the region.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

I was hoping SWL would be the right fit for me but I am fairly certain I don't fit in with their time frame.

In general my times that I would be available while at work are from 6:00 BBTIME until 10:00 BBTIME.

If we base things on Singapore, they are GMT+8. The server seems to be on GMT+2 (as I read the server time now), making a 6 hour difference between that and Singapore time (with Singapore being ahead). If we assume that people would be playing around 6-11pm Singapore time, that would be 10am-3pm GMT, or 12pm-5pm server time, right? So it seems like it could be the right range, I think...plus, at weekends people may well be more flexible.

Hayati

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah, but there aren't many players from those regions.....if any. We used to have a Japanese league, there are players from there and China. However South East Asia...not many. And central asia where you are......none.

6am to 10am sounds like SWL time. However they don't take players outside of the region.

China huh? That is indeed close enough in terms of the time zones. Let's wait and see...

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in truth, I'm probably in your pretty wide bracket too! However I make it a policy never to join a league that is set up during school holidays!

What is your timezone btw? I'm thinking it can't be too far off of CEST, in which case you're better off setting up or joining a euro (non uk) league.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My time zone is GMT+5.5 pal, 2.5 hours behind Singapore. So indeed, if I could play at 6-7pm, that'd be 9:30-10:30pm for those on server time. Possible!

Relezite

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm near Hong Kong and interested.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So far we have half of the number of coaches needed- would anyone else like to join?

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy Hayati,

We've had coaches play in the SWL from as far west as the Emirates. If you can fit it into your personal schedule, I think it is possible for you to join the SWL.

I'm playing from Tokyo myself which is 1 hour behind Sydney in summer and 2 hours behind in the winter. Some of the coaches even play from the western outback of Perth.

I might be interested myself in an Asian league however. Depending on format/fluff.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Tomay

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

You actually have decent hours for us. If you're ever keen we can occasionally make acceptations for people who make an effort, fit in and are super keen. You'd have to make yourself known in #swl though.

Jump to: