35 coaches online • Server time: 14:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
theDestroyer808

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a short tournament coming up and I think Ill go Dark Elves. We get to start with 6 skills one max per player, no extra for stars. Im wondering what are some good choices one is allowed to be a double roll?
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you take the same skill multiple times? Depending on your reliance on rerolls then a Leader Runner is an easy way to save money on the team setup. Dodge on Blitzers and Block/Wrestle Witch Elves would be my suggestion. Double could be MB or Guard on a Blitzer, or to be honest you could just take another Blodger if rules allow?

Slightly fruitier choices could include Leaping Assassins on a single or Multiblock on a double. Bit too dicey for me but if you fancy something different both are good fun!

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

3 blitzers with dodge, 1 blitzer with guard, 1 kicking lineman, 1 DP lineman, 2 rerolls

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

dont want to face zons then...

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
cdassak

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

2 dodge, 1 mb and 1 tackle blitzers
1 wrestle and 1 kick lino

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For a tourney you probably want a blodge or wrodge witch.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Can only take the same skill 4 times. I was thinking 4 Blitzers with Tackle, 4 lineman with Block, 1 lineman with guard and Rakarth. I figured with Ag 4 ball handling is good enough and can keep away from the tougher ones with my move. Get a good blitz each round and can win a block war against most teams. Any ideas?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

theDestroyer808 wrote:
We get to start with 6 skills one max per player, no extra for stars. Im wondering what are some good choices one is allowed to be a double roll?

Man, expect to see some lean, mean Lizard teams. :/

For Delfs, you want to play to their strengths, and that's Dodge. So at least a couple/few Blodge Blitzers - just too strong. One Kick for that fun (be sure to choose to kick in the first half if you get the option), and either a Guard or MB (depending if you want to lean toward position or the Bash - I'd go Guard). A DP would be playing the odds and not position, but in a short tourney and vs. low AV it should(!) pay off as well or better than MB.

Any Witch means 2 RR, which is adequate if you stay disciplined and let your oppo make the mistakes, but only 3 Blitzers is the part of the tradeoff that you should consider - you're losing a MA 7, AV 8 Blocker for her. Wrestle makes the better sweeper, Block is the better surfer/survivor - dealer's choice there.

No assassins(!), and a Runner only if you insist (not particularly recommended - more of a theoretical threat than a reality, and vulnerable on Defense).

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
albinv

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

6 x DP.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
6 x DP.

"Can only take the same skill 4 times"

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

theDestroyer808 wrote:
Can only take the same skill 4 times. I was thinking 4 Blitzers with Tackle, 4 lineman with Block, 1 lineman with guard and Rakarth. I figured with Ag 4 ball handling is good enough and can keep away from the tougher ones with my move. Get a good blitz each round and can win a block war against most teams. Any ideas?

You said you get six free skills, but here you are listing 9?

Jump to: