54 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, quick question.

What is the etiquette for readying a roster?

One of my opponents this season mentioned something like "highest TV should ready first" which seems reasonable. Is this the generally accepted way of doing it?
Foad

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Dazedmw wrote:
ok, quick question.

What is the etiquette for readying a roster?

One of my opponents this season mentioned something like "highest TV should ready first" which seems reasonable. Is this the generally accepted way of doing it?

It's part of the FUMBBL tournemant rules, but I don't think there a hard and fast SWL rule.

That said, it's not unreasonable. As far as readying goes, I'd assume it would be either that or a double blind.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone is taking it that seriously then I think we should call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaambumlance.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer a double blind situation, but that can't be enforced.

dazed, the main reason that so many teams aren't "readied" is you can't be 100% that your next opponent is coming along to play, so the decision between taking tackle or MB (for example) can't be assessed until the game is about to happen.

I really don't like the idea of modifying a team to get that extra inducement. Seems really gamey to me.
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Chavo wrote:
That said, it's not unreasonable. As far as readying goes, I'd assume it would be either that or a double blind.

Agreed and happy to do highest TV first. Just wondered if there was a rule I was unaware of.
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
If someone is taking it that seriously then I think we should call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaambumlance.

This is a league that apparently has people delaying their games to see the outcomes of the other games before playing... So it could happen.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Why Highest TV? Surely highest on the ladder would be a better tiebreaker.
Dazedmw

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:

It was an enquiry not a complaint.

As for what I should be taking seriously or not, I think I might avoid taking the advice of someone who wins 10% of his league matches! Razz
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't suggesting you were taking it overly seriously, but perhaps someone insisting you ready first because you have a higher TV so they can squeek out an extra inducement might be Razz

And yeah, this:
Quote:
This is a league that apparently has people delaying their games to see the outcomes of the other games before playing... So it could happen.
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I was the coach that said this. I assumed that the rules would be the same as for official FUMBBL (perhaps not then). It wasn't because I would have done anything differently getting my team ready, but I didn't want my opponent to deliberately make sure I wasn't getting certain inducements, particularly since I am playing up so much in TV. I noticed that pretty much every time I was playing, my opponents were waiting for me to ready first regardless. However if the SWL rules are different to the rest of FUMBBL then sorry about this.

Fortis wrote:
Wasn't suggesting you were taking it overly seriously, but perhaps someone insisting you ready first because you have a higher TV so they can squeek out an extra inducement might be Razz

And yeah, this:
Quote:

Oscar Wilde
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I ready as soon as I fix my team from their previous game. My oppo can do whatever they want... Watch me not care Very Happy

Seems a bit, well... If you feel you need to wait to do inducement juggling then it probably doesn't matter what I do.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I was the coach that said this.

Ok. I couldn't remember who it was. Just to be clear I didn't think you said anything inappropriate.

And Fortis, sorry misunderstood your point.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah neither do I grod, and it is the etiquitte if it really matters. I think it's fine, but I generally assume people on here aren't going to do inducement juggling and other corner shooting stuff and then if they do I just groan and get the game over with.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
I ready as soon as I fix my team from their previous game. My oppo can do whatever they want... Watch me not care Very Happy

Seems a bit, well... If you feel you need to wait to do inducement juggling then it probably doesn't matter what I do.

Pretty much this or when ever i realise I haven't done it. Dont understand the Tailoring thing.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JoeKano wrote:
Pretty much this or when ever i realise I haven't done it. Dont understand the Tailoring thing.

Joe goes extreme and kills off his own players to drop his TV... the shame!
 Jump to: