31 coaches online • Server time: 03:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Orc Lineman 5/3/3/9 Thrall G/SAP 50K

0-2 Goblin wolf riders 7/3/3/7 Thrall, Sprint, Sure Feet SA/GP 70K

0-4 Orc Boar Boys 6/3/3/8 Thrall, Sprint, Sure Feet, Horns GS/AP 100K

0-1 Young Wyvern 6/5/3/8 Loner, Bloodlust*, No Hands, Leap, Very Long Legs, Claws, Prehensile Tail S/GAP 150K

Apothicary: Yes
Rerolls: 60K

*Bloodlust rewrite: Before any action, this player must roll a D6. On a +2, this player continues the action normally. However, on a 1 this player gets angry at it's own team. If it cannot attack another teammate marked with "Thrall," this player loses control and flies into the audience for the remainder of the drive, resulting in a turnover.

Background: Orcs had long loved the thrill of speed of riding their boars into battle. Yet, the age of blood bowl quickly brought an end to warfare. The ban on mounts left the once proud Boar Boys with no place on the new Orc teams.

Some orcs and goblins went on to found Race Pits, a bloody race were various riders set off, trying to either be first, or the only one, to cross the finish line. These riders even prayed to a different god, Nazagar.

Yet, the orcs wished again for the day of riding their beast into a line of men. A rider saw a game were a bunch of forest goblins with their spiders faced off against a bunch of Squig herders.

The next day, the Orcs came riding onto the field on their proud boars, smashing any referee that tried to take their mounts away.

Rational: Boar riders are a huge part of both the army list and the lore. If Blood bowl had the secret weapon rolls like our resident Stunty League, I would of implemented that in a heart beat to reflect the rules. Sadly, that isn't an option. It still make sense that Orcs would not care that much about rules banning their beloved beasts.

Wyvern is a giant dragon like beast. It was a flying option for Orc armies. However, it is NOT a dragon itself. Still very strong, which is why I gave it 5 strength. Since it can fly, I gave it 3 agility and leap/very long legs to represent this. It's arms is it's wings, so the tiny hands they have seem to be completely useless for anything besides standing on, so No Hands was a natural pick.

I was going to give it Really Stupid, to show it's a dumb creature without much of a will, but then I read that Wyvern attack it's riders and trainers from time to time. This best translates into Bloodlust (which is why all the other players have thrall). Combined with loner and only three agility, this is a player can be destructive to both teams.

Orc Linemen are just regular orcs, so I saw no reason to change their stat line.

Goblin wolf riders were partly based on Garions Spider Riders from his Forest Goblin team. The wolves, however, are not described as being as strong, but faster. Like the Bull Centaur, I gave the wolves Sprint and Sure feet. That gives the wolf riders the ability to fairly reliably move 10 spaces a turn. However, they come with no other starting skill, and like the Spider and Squig Riders do not have general skill access. Without stunty or dodge, they are also not that great at one turn touch downs. They do have strength access because they are riding on a wolf. I considered claw, but didn't want a team focused on Clawbomp killers, particularly such mobile ones.

Orc Baor boys are the center for this team. Like the wolves above, they come with Sure Feet and Sprint. I didn't want this to become a team of four Bull Centaurs, so I couldn't give the Boars 4 strength. However, the boars get a bonus to their attack when they are charging, which easily translates into horns.

In conclusion, this team has amazing speed, but lacks the skills to fully utilize it, nor the strength to simply bash the enemy to pieces.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Aug 31, 2014 - 03:16; edited 5 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooooooh most definitely no for me! Keep that sort of thing in Warhammer, not the sports field.

I can understand if you had the figures and wanted to use them. No reason to have them online.

Slightly off topic (ok very), I just had an amazing 'somebody's 0 must go' top of the table match between Shortstuff Scurriers and Southstorm Squids.

Shortstuff have started to look a little less awesome the last few weeks and have been joined at the top of the table by Southstorm.

The game started with the Gnome side receiving from the Cthulu/PoC 2 esque team and within a few turns they lost possession.

Southstorm however could not capitalise on their fortune though and were slowly hemmed in. Shortstuff managed to spill the ball in T7 and had a chance for the TD in T8. Southstorm put a tentacle on the carrier, but it wasn't enough! However the little Gnome tripped leaving the TZ.

Second half Southstorm received and moved up the middle. They were losing the bash war, however they were gaining ground. Then a Gnome bomb took out the whole centre of the game. Including one of their Dwarfs, their Death Roller and a Cthulu (vamp).

This left a huge gap for Southstorm to get through, and eased their way to 4 squares from the TD. The Shortstuff line was way out of position, and finally they looked beaten. However the Gnome bomber had other ideas, and under pressure he came though. Taken out every single player in the radius of his bomb, including the ball carrier.

The bounce was also extremely kind for shortstuff. Who were deep in their own area, now with the ball and 3 turns left. The last 3 turns were a rush, waddle and scuttle towards the Southstorm's TD line. Several times the Squigs tried to put a TZ on the Gnome carrier, but to fail and eventually in T16 Shortstuff gave the Squigs their first ever loss, and went back to being the only team on top of division 5 and firm favourites for promotion.

Ok, I know this isn't really anything to do with your list. However it's experimental rosters, and one of the best games I've had. Really glad the top 2 boys in the div, didn't disappoint Smile.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Oooooooh most definitely no for me! Keep that sort of thing in Warhammer, not the sports field.

I actually don't own any Warhammer figures. Razz

Just came across the lore when looking around, and thought "well, that could be interesting team idea."
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm wouldnt a wyvern be diffucult to fit on the game board? If it was prone it would take up about half the field! Razz

Oscar Wilde
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

also, why would it play? fluff?

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be kinda funny with some kind of blood polo where all teams ride warhammer mounts. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Would be kinda funny with some kind of blood polo where all teams ride warhammer mounts. Surprised

Halfling ram riders team please! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

Already drew up some rules for that. They are on TFF. I never got round to finishing them though. Hitonagashi said he was going to finish the job but not sure if he ever did.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So copy/paste here Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
So copy/paste here Smile

+1
love to see it Exclamation

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Hmm wouldnt a wyvern be diffucult to fit on the game board? If it was prone it would take up about half the field! Razz

Fair enough, changed it to a "young" Wyvern, also dropping a point of strength. It does make more sense, since it's mostly the Wyverns in training that attack their trainers. Also explains why it only makes successful jumps on a +3, it still hasn't mastered flying (or landing).

To make it worth the price, I switched mighty blow for claw, to represent it's bite.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Polo

Teams
Araby - ride on Camels or magic carpet
Chaos - Horse or Juggernauts
Bretonnian - Horse or Pegasus
Elf - Horse or Deer
Goblins - Pogo, squig, spider or Wolves
Orcs - Wolves or Boar
Skaven - Doomflayer or Doomwheel
Amazons - Horse or Unicorn
Dwarf - Deathroller or Killdozer
Skinks - Terradon or Steggadon
Snotlings - Trolls,Ogres or Pump Wagon
Dark Elf - Horse or Cold one

The pitch is a blood bowl pitch. Goal at each end.
there are 4 players on the pitch (per team ) at a time. And 4 substitutes.

You have basic player profiles like human 6338

Then you chose mount. So a horse would be the standard and add +5 ma and +1st, and +1 av to the profile. Camel would be worse but would have spit attack. Juggernaut would be slower but a lot stronger etc....

When moving with the ball and passing the ball there was a bunch of special rules.

But that's basically it.

Last edited by Garion on Aug 31, 2014 - 10:55; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and some races get alternate mallets to choose from like gobos can have chainsaw they can't hit the ball but add a lot st and cause more damage etc..

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and also there were special movement rules too, turning costs more Ma and so on, though Pogo doesnt have to spend extra Ma to change direction, stag was going to have special movement rules about turning at 45 degree angles, squigs bounce was random (so gobos Ma6 +1 D6)

you get the idea.