41 coaches online • Server time: 16:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid-Season update

The Äkta Människor are in a really good streak and take a confortable lead in the Premiership.
A few more wins and they can easily challenge the Bang Gunslingers for the top spot in the Conference.
Do we have a serious Double candidate?

First three Premiership positions:
1. Äkta Människor - 45 points (9/2/5)
2. Sons of Brutus - 30 points (4/3/8 )
3. BBC Freilos - 28 points (4/2/8 )

First three Conference positions:
1. Bang Gunslingers - 39 points (10/5/1)
2. Äkta Människor - 45 points (9/2/5)
3. Sons of Brutus - 39 points (7/3/5)

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Strength, Honour and 790K of inducements

I just love this bit:

#13 Played for Laughs (Smashed Knee (NI))

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2014 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

23:00 server time wednesday night, the predators battle some mid tv dwarfs in the black cup, to see who advances to the round of 16!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2014 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
23:00 server time wednesday night, the predators battle some mid tv dwarfs in the black cup, to see who advances to the round of 16!

We will be there!

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2014 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive Black Cup progress so far for the VaultTecSquad Oenar!

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

bit of a shocking offensive performance by the predators in the black cup. biggest problem was forgetting the riot in the second half, putting my drive pace a turn behind. should have been more aggressive in the end to get the ball near the endzone and not feared the wizard, but live and learn.
all up to you now oenarlod! let everyone know when kickoff is, i want to /cheer and /boo as much as possible Smile
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

small rant for my human brothers:

Where is all this 'diversity' I keep hearing about in the box? My hu-Maniax squad has faced 4 Chaos, 1 Chaos Dwarf and 1 Chaos Pact in the last 6 games. I even faced the same Chaos team in back to back games! The TV for these 6 games has ranged from 1210 to 1410. In fact, 9 of the team's 13 games have been against pure bash teams, with an Ogre, a Lizard, a Slann and a Wood Elf seemingly thrown in as an afterthought.

Not looking for real answers, just needed to vent. It's not looking good for us to complete a Sprint this cycle, but hopefully next cycle we will.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

my sprint in the premiership last season consisted of
2 elf
1 dark elf
1 wood elf
2 vampire
2 slann
2 chaos dwarf
2 necro
and 1 of dwarf, orc, human, and chaos.
luck of the draw i guess. perhaps the black cup has taken a few coachs out as well
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:

Where is all this 'diversity' I keep hearing about in the box? My hu-Maniax squad has faced 4 Chaos, 1 Chaos Dwarf and 1 Chaos Pact in the last 6 games.

That is weird - I'd have expected to see some nurgle in there as well Wink

Long term the Chaos/Pact/CD/Nurgle has averaged just under 2 in 5 games for the SoB but I think most teams find it's closer to 1 in 3.

I've drawn Vamps 3 times in the last 20 games - which is amazing when you consider that we've only faced them 10 times out of 667 games.

Keep up the good fight - the hu-Maniax have had a rough start but they are starting to shape up nicely especially with an early +AG Thrower. I reckon by the time they hit the Premiership they'll be stone cold killers and contenders for a title!

P.s. Feeling the hu-Maniax match reports as well.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the encouragement. I would welcome input on how to best take advantage of the 2 Blitzers with the +MA boost. My thought was to take Tackle on whichever one skills first (barring doubles/stat of course), but I'm not sure what to do with the 2nd one. I need more Guard and Mighty Blow, but which do I take first?

The +AG Thrower is very nice, even if he does still fail 3+ rolls. At least they are 'harder' 3+ rolls. He's missing his ST3 Catcher buddy, and the new catchers are having trouble developing. It would be easier if my opponents would stop succeeding at ridiculously difficult feats of athleticism to tackle them before they can get into the endzone Sad It would also be easier if said catchers could succeed at the occasional 3+ roll.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:
my sprint in the premiership last season consisted of
2 elf
1 dark elf
1 wood elf
2 vampire
2 slann
2 chaos dwarf
2 necro
and 1 of dwarf, orc, human, and chaos.
luck of the draw i guess. perhaps the black cup has taken a few coachs out as well

The nature of 16 game sprints in HPL is that most of the time it does come down to the luck of the draw for your matches.

The key to all of this is that when you do get a good draw is that you DO NOT LOSE that match. You have to come away with a Win or Tie.

If you look at the past winners of Premier you will notice that their records are around 50/50 on the bad match ups but around 80% on what we would call good match ups.

Sometimes though, you just get hosed by the draws and run into a string of 8+ matches of mainly heavy bash and pain and suffering and another HLP season of sitting on the sidelines licking your wounds.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, to hell with cpomb, 3+ rolls are the scariest thing for a Human team. Especially with a reroll.

Yeah, definately need some tackle, and having it on a fast blitzer is fine. A second or a third tackler might be in order fairly shortly as well - but you could target one of the slower blitzrs for that. Ideally those fast ones need skills that will take advantage of their speed. Maybe one could be developed into a frenzy killer?

Join the Human League Premiership!
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tips. I went Tackle on the first Ma8 Blitzer to skill. He might turn into a killer. The other Ma8 one is 8 SPP away, so I'll cross that bridge when (if) I come to it. One of the MB/Guard Blitzers will probably skill first and they can be the other Tackler(s). But now I have a new question, what to do with our Ogre?

The Anchor sacrificed his body to help us win our most recent match and suffered a -AV. I have the cash to replace him, but was wondering if it was worth hanging onto him to see if he can skill and get Block? I feel like the loss of a Guard player will leave us vulnerable, but so will playing with only 11. AV8 with Thick Skull in the Box doesn't seem so bad considering how much Claw I will face, but MB/PO will be more effective.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, -1AV isn't a big deal against claw but long term 2 out of 3 teams you face aren't going to have claw. That and those teams that do have claw don't have it on everyone.

I'd probably sack - but you could hold on to him for a few games while you skill another blitzer to Guard.

Join the Human League Premiership!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

The Sons of Brutus did it again! In their typical grinding style, they even the Äkta Människor score, and top them by average TV. But none is safe, the Cathay King Cobras are coming up really strong and it seems nothing can stop them if they complete the sprint.

First three Premiership positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 45 points (9/2/5)
2. Äkta Människor - 45 points (9/2/5)
3. Cathay King Cobras - 29 points (7/0/1)

First three Conference positions:
1. Bang Gunslingers - 51 points (10/5/1)
2. Sons of Brutus - 45 points (9/2/5)
3. Äkta Människor - 45 points (9/2/5)

Jump to: