76 coaches online • Server time: 21:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Filed a bug report. Amazed I'm the first to do so, to be honest.

TY for doing so. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What really annoys me is chatting at the start, you press enter and instead it buys a card you probably didn't want out of your inducement money... leaving insufficient gold for what you really wanted. This has happened a couple of times, I don't bother chatting at the very start now.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
flydd wrote:
Just wondering if it is easy to help fix bugs in the client. I would be happy to spend some time trying to fix some of them but I don't know who to talk to about this.

Would be easier if it were open source. Wink

Making it open source would be pretty disastrous

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
flydd wrote:
Just wondering if it is easy to help fix bugs in the client. I would be happy to spend some time trying to fix some of them but I don't know who to talk to about this.

yeah, why not restart THAT discussion...

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
flydd wrote:

Making it open source would be pretty disastrous

Making it open source and having a bunch of nerds who aren't actually coders much tinker with it... sounds pretty horrible. Having a few people with actual skills as assistants to Kalimar the master might be feasible?
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

thats what we used to have. there used to be Lakrillo and Kalimar. The next release has so much change though that allowing other people to work on it would probably be detrimental. It would really need to be an extremely well organised effort if more people were to work on it.Personally I can't see it, BB is just too complicated.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
thats what we used to have. there used to be Lakrillo and Kalimar. The next release has so much change though that allowing other people to work on it would probably be detrimental.

The... next....
wait.. are you saying there is going to be a next release?
Thought the client wasn't worked on anymore?
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah there was an update ages ago on the progress. Kalimar has re-coded everything again. Also most of the Dirty Trick cards have been added. However after the latest splurge of activity things have gone quiet because of RL stuff. That said I'm sure work will pick up again at some point to finish this release off when that will be, no idea.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
thats what we used to have. there used to be Lakrillo and Kalimar. The next release has so much change though that allowing other people to work on it would probably be detrimental. It would really need to be an extremely well organised effort if more people were to work on it.Personally I can't see it, BB is just too complicated.

There could be a number of reasons why they don't want to bring in more people. I doubt that BB being "too complicated" is one of then.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of coding I think it is, its simple on table top but all the exceptions and crazy things that can happen has forced Kalimar to do loads more work than he envisaged. But who knows. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
In terms of coding I think it is, its simple on table top but all the exceptions and crazy things that can happen has forced Kalimar to do loads more work than he envisaged. But who knows. Smile

In a project there is usually work that could be handed off to someone else. If you are prepared to deal with the additional management etc.

The current thread is about the working of a dialog box. You don't need to know much if anything about BB to deal with that.

If no one else knows the code then nothing is going to happen when Kalimar is not available.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I had assumed that there was a group of people working on the client as it is going to be a complicated coding problem. If there is only Kalimar working on it that's is a lot of work just for one person.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

by all means contact Kalimar and Whatball, see what they say Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Solution: Chat only on your own turn. Quaranted success 100%.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:

Some dingbat earlier posted that I shouldn't be allowed an opinion. He can shove off, moderator or not.

That's about as inaccurate as you can get. I see I need to be more black and white.

You play a lot of games here, which means you have a lot of time. This is a fan site in many respects, which means without contributions (of various sorts) the site will suffer and may indeed not function.

How does this thread help with the issue? You are expecting the coder (who does enough already) to not only code the client, but to look through 1000s of threads to fine your inarticulate whine fest. If not him, someone else. Anybody else as long as it's not you. The title doesn't even give a hint to what the problem is. What's more your thread and match report also needed the attention of an admin, due to the language. Something you've been told about before.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, I'm pretty sure you've got a very clear idea of how to improve things. What I was saying is that you should take the time to do it properly and then approach the coder in the correct way with exact details of the problem. That was quite clear. As it turns out, you couldn't even be bothered to fill in a bug report.

So the bottom line is; why should these things be sorted out for you, when you can't be bothered to do the simplest of tasks yourself, instead of playing 5 games a day?

Stop whining and do just a little bit to improve the environment.
 Jump to: