52 coaches online • Server time: 16:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Question - with the conferences now at 10 teams (instead of 8), will the Swiss become longer, or will we keep it at 5 games?

(I have no real preference atm - really haven't thought about it. But it did cross my mind.)

(edited to lose smiley)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on Aug 05, 2014 - 21:21; edited 1 time in total
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive got to say, that draw didn't really turn out as I hoped Razz

Aside from sending Frostheim to win Bretonnia, which they will - we have somehow ended up with a lot of teams at the bottom of my list in Albion anyway!

Still, I feel the conferences are more even than last season, so it should be a good one. Good luck to all.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2014 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The 5 game rule was initially implemented to suit 10 team conferences, but we kept it when last season contracted to 8 teams. We'll stick with 5 games again. It means we can get a 6 team Kislev Conference with a scheduled round robin if necessary.

And uzkulak: I don't want to give away and draft strategies, but I have to say that you ended up with more teams in the top half of your draft than Vesikannu did (just). Unless I got your draft submission upside down! Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The new season (VII) has kicked off, and I've updated the all-time league rankings to take into account performances from last season.

Good luck to everyone this season!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2014 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work gjopie!
My team has got a nose bleed from being so high in those rankings... There's no way they should be that high! They are truly in the developmental stages...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done gjopie, getting season VII fully manned and kicked off.

A good start for the Pirates but I doubt my rivals in Albion will be thrilled at the way knightsweats played. With 4 players getting skills, it was a bit like a training match.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Chainsaw. The league admin client was in good form for the Gorers' first match, helping us to our first 2 points. Plenty of Pact failure for my opponent (big guys dozing off at key moments, a failed animosity roll that would have led to a TD to equalise 1-1) taken in good humour. A fun game overall, and the Gorers march on.

Regarding your game: I watched the replay and it was a bit of a strange one. Some good dice and aggressive play on your part certainly boosted the score line, though.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only just noticed, but someone has finally broken one of Urdithane's all-time league records! The bad news is, they are from the same team.

Tomas Bot of the Uzkulak Pirates now holds the record for most rushing yards (473), and is only a couple of touchdowns away from stealing another of Urdithane's records.

(You can see all-time and seasonal records on the OWCC group page, under the "Player Records" tab)

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Crag Cripplers 1-1 Dark Lands Predators

Six lots of tackle plus some pomb, plus some skill-less pows put paid to any advantage of blodge. Not helped by up to six disconnections per turn prematurely ending a few players turns and causing all sorts of misclicks. A player standing to blitz the ball-carrier lost his move and was niggled next turn. A later blitz on the ball-carrier became a dodge into two tackle-zones, etc

Xaro played a great game, didn't even need to use his first reroll until turn 3 of the second half while the elves insisted on rolling double skulls and snaking dodges leaving them out of rerolls after 3 turns.

Inevitably questions will be raised about my coaching.
Anyone who wishes to point out specific mistakes is quite welcome to do so.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3597456
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2014 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Expatriates win Game #2, but the stat-freak lizards now have one less freak - their +Ag (niggled) Skink Kicker was RIP'd by both a Pesti and then the Apo.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3597476

And another skink -Ag, and the blocking Krox fouled out MNG.

Next game will see a 250k swing in inducements for someone... but who will that be?

Lots of ties in Albion Round 1 - could be another year that a loss, even a loss plus a tie, is not a dealbreaker to make the post-season!

ttorvatn

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh. The Lizards are ahead in both divisions Smile In Bretonnia probably just until the high elves have played their wooden brethern, but anyway Smile
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the natural order of things. Cool

After only 2 games (and with only one 1-0 team yet to play*), only 1 undefeated team in each Conference! Post-season could be shaping up to be a real dogfight.

(* being played as I type this - looks to be tied 1-1 near the end of the first half!) ;(

Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Update...

And in late-breaking news, Athel Loren BBoDT upsets Palinam Diadochi 3-1 with an WElf version of a caging game, to join the other 2 "unbeaten" teams in the OWCC as the League enters week 3.

AL had delayed their 2nd Half go-ahead score until Turn 6, so with only 2 Turns and no RR remaining, and facing an unused wizard, PD failed a catch before getting more than 1 player downfield. The wiz took care of him*, and that was the game. PD added a Turn 16 defensive score on as a punctuation mark.

(* PD did open the door for an odds-against chainpush to put that down player back in scoring range for a surprise tie, and Turn 8 got the Pow (as the defense had scooped the ball T15), but failed the pickup.)

Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, the Pirates failed to take advantage of 4 turns to score a winner in a 1-1 draw against the Wasters.

However the Expatriates are up next and they look a little beaten up. Siemon is sharpening his claws.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, the Pillars were one of the first team to get their second game played, and their loss put them in a bad spot. But it seems that skies are clearing up and that the Conference is still very open.
Time to win some games Smile
 Jump to: