82 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would choose Block, he has STR3 so a good Blitzer.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I take it they get only A skills on normals?
Then I'd say either pass or block.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The weakness of your team is facing 'hitters'..

While taking Block, Tackle, Pass or Accurate might seem to make sense, sitting them at the back of the pitch chucking bombs (HMP) is where you will find the best use for their first double, I think

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP ... it's awesome fun too Very Happy
flydd

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

How bad are the bugs with HMP and bombs. Had a quick look through the bug list and there are a few. Just wondering what the playing expereince is like
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If a HMP is caught (and it might be that it is automatically caught if it lands in an occupied space–– I can't recall), then the game freezes, and both players need to simultaneously reload.

It isn't too much of a hassle if you know what to do. However, it does make HMP bombs dramatically less powerful.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Simultaneous reload fixing the HMP bug? I hadn't heard that.

Otherwise I won't play with or against them. Forgot one night and started a match vs. a 2 HMP gnome squad. Yeah, we didn't manage to get thru his FIRST turn before the match locked.

As for the effectiveness of Greater Horrors as primary blitzers, I don't disagree. In Stunty however, you always need backups, and I've had matches with such atrocious bombing luck (my SC match vs. Jokaero comes to mind) that sometimes they just aren't worth bothering with. A second (or third) reliable blitzer is ALWAYS useful.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Simultaneous reload fixing the HMP bug? I hadn't heard that.

Otherwise I won't play with or against them. Forgot one night and started a match vs. a 2 HMP gnome squad. Yeah, we didn't manage to get thru his FIRST turn before the match locked.

As for the effectiveness of Greater Horrors as primary blitzers, I don't disagree. In Stunty however, you always need backups, and I've had matches with such atrocious bombing luck (my SC match vs. Jokaero comes to mind) that sometimes they just aren't worth bothering with. A second (or third) reliable blitzer is ALWAYS useful.

YEAH! That match was against me. I was wondering why you insisted on on cancelling it when it's so easy to get past...

I don't doubt that flamers make fine blitzers, but the Horror team has at least 4 other players that make almost objectively superior blitzers–– two with GMA access that start with dodge, and two with ASM that are Strength 5. Flamers are not stunty, and are not Secret Weapons, so any skills sunk into their bombing ability have at least twice the impact of such skills taken on Mad Bommaz. I would go with Pass or HMP all the way.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, while the Greater Horror has better access to blitzer-type skills, the flamer is ST3, and even more importantly: MA9(ish) with Leap. He won't make a great primary blitzer, but as a sweeper he's great. And he can still throw bombs while waiting until needed to deal with a skink, pixie or Eshin asssassin that's made a break away from the rest of your (frankly sluggish) team.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
YEAH! That match was against me. I was wondering why you insisted on on cancelling it when it's so easy to get past...

Well, had you told me there was a fix I'd have given it a shot. But when our game locked up all you mentioned was re-starting...which seemed kinda silly given the bug.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Being able to use the flamer as a sweeper makes a lot of sense. I am tempted to take HMP to mean he can stay down field for that reason. Thanks for all the input.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

take pass if r using him to throw boms
take block or tackle if u r using him to hit stuff

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2014 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

flydd wrote:
Being able to use the flamer as a sweeper makes a lot of sense. I am tempted to take HMP to mean he can stay down field for that reason. Thanks for all the input.

If you do plan to use him as a sweeper, he doesn't need to stay that far back, because he has such high (potential) MA. And without Block, he won't be a lot of use as a sweeper, relying totally on rolling pows. However, HMP is fun, so... whichever.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

if u are talking about sweeper then its strip ball you need to choose, but i still think pass is the best option.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2014 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Flamers double as bashers and sackers. mv6, leap, sprint and St3 - sometimes it's just better not bombing. you'll regret not taking block....

Jump to: