66 coaches online • Server time: 23:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Please.

That just cost me my shot at winning my LC game, then eventually cost me my best player.

A-Z keys should NOT move players. They should not be dual purpose like that. People are typing in the game all the time. I don't know what keys do it, I'm not even sure you can move all directions using A-Z keys. All I know is that if I miss the chat box somehow (which given I can't even see the damn chat box is more than bloody likely) then it seems typing can invoke player movement.

Great. What a poopy way to lose a game/player. Cheers FFB.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw in need of hugz?
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you have big cuddly lady bits and no *insert own euphemism here*, then no. Otherwise, yes.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty sure you got that the wrong way round Chainsaw... double negative with the "Unless"?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

You can fix this yourself. Just get the Oracle Java instead of the IcedTea one which is known to have issues. Problem solved, and you won't have to keep asking if you have any rerolls.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Now now chainsaw, watch the potty mouth on the forums please.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never had this problem.
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Never happened to me, but it's a reasonable complaint.

I don't know anybody that uses the keyboard to move their players, ideally this would be an optional feature disabled by default.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha! /points

have a cookie and a hug, dude!
Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure prov would have tried to cheer you up, but he knew better...

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 02:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, i didn't even know that could happen and i've played near 800 games!

thingsLearnedToday += 1;
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I can describe how to reproduce this bug, now I have calmed down a bit.

Basically, as I use Linux, I'm suffering from a variant of the grey-bar-bug. None of the listed fixes work for me (I'm running OpenJDK/IcedTea, I guess I could install Oracle Java but there's a reason I don't related to work).

So to type, I have to click the chat-area (where messages are displayed), then press 'tab' to get activate the chat-box (where you type).

I suspect to recreate the issue, select a player, select blitz. Now, click the chat-area, press 'tab', and it won't select the chat-box. Typing thus will cause the keys to act on the active player, and obviously some keys do movement although I don't know which.

Sad that to find this out I had to lose a Major game and lose a stat freak legend. Sh...it happens.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
I'm sure prov would have tried to cheer you up, but he knew better...

I was more annoyed that I'd lost the chance to try to win the game. The dead legend was just Nuffle rubbing that crap in my face albeit I could have prevented it. I wasn't really thinking clearly by this point though.

I appreciate the hard work and effort that has gone into FFB. It is 90% fantastic. Sadly there is a rough edge to it that can impact and ruin games and it sucks that it was a decisive factor in this one and also contributed to the ruining of a good player. What can I do? Cry about it a bit, I guess. I don't care about the dead pixels, but the nature of the way things went down is tough to take without being more than a little annoyed.

Imagine somebody moved a player of yours at a TT tournament whilst you were looking away and chatting to somebody and you were forced to roll for the dodge? Would you be happy about that? Or any of the consequences that followed it, especially one so harsh?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just taking the piss, or whatever you lot say over there. Wink

I would rant a bit too, and I did after I had a OTS taken back due to a failed load and flamed out of a major this year. So it goes! Still, I love that vamp team. I hope they go all the way!

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:

Imagine somebody moved a player of yours at a TT tournament whilst you were looking away and chatting to somebody and you were forced to roll for the dodge? Would you be happy about that? Or any of the consequences that followed it, especially one so harsh?

That would be horrible, as someone cheated; and there would be someone to blame.

In your case? Just bits and bytes and imperfect technology.

Jump to: