42 coaches online • Server time: 17:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
cowhead wrote:

Catwaspz ent nuthin, Rabbithornetz ave 'Der Green Tide' in der crosszhares

Why has their name been crossed out Twisted Evil

More importantly, why does the name have a Lion's tail?

And with the position of those legs, the exact nature of the horny rabbet's stinger also becomes anatomically ambiguous.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %19, %2014 - %08:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrm. Since an important part of the challenge should be beating the famous team, I guess we do want teams that are impressive. Cool as they are, adding the cranberries or der tide would water down the difficulty aspect of the badge. =(

Is it a team badge or a coach badge, btw?

Inspired by this thread, I've decided to restore TotSQ to their rightful place as my signature team. I will primarily look for games for them on GF for some time, and enter them into majors (unless more catastrophe hits them, of course, in which case an epic tale of laying low will follow instead).
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a coach badge, but you can of course make it a team badge and try to achieve it with only a single team. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Aktually I dunt want ter be part o diz badge koz I az jus realized dat I will av ter play a bunch o reelly gud teemz.

But at leezt we akkidentally moved der konvo on:

A) Coachez or teems?
2) best teemz or famuz teems?

I fink it shud be fer beetin wun o der best teemz an nuffin else but TV shud be considered.
albinv

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Must second Kill-Kill. Too bad the Dead Bunnies have been retired, this must be one of the greatest fails in fumbbl history imho.

Anyway...most important Synn is on the list. But are LRB4 teams allowed to play vs. CRP teams at all?

Otherwise maybe put the Cult of The Dead Bunnies on there.

Too many great teams to remember them all after all these years and a lot been mentioned already.

Probably best to keep the list as large as possible, so to have better chances at actually getting enough schedules to complete the challenge.

On the badges topic: i think the badges are awesome, just havent come around - and would have to go through my history because i learned about it too late. May be similar for some coaches.

Gotta say this badge might be the best/ most thrilling/ prestigious so far, love the idea!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lammers

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
But are LRB4 teams allowed to play vs. CRP teams at all?

Nope, they aren't. The Lrb4 division was supposed to maintain teams/coaches that didn't want to (be) switch(ed) over to CRP.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My memory didnt let me down then. So why have them on the list if people cant play them (?).

As Synn is on the list rightfully - which team should be nominated?

Please let's sort out, otherwise the badge would be like a house without a roof imho.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun With Goats get the nomination over Cult of the Dead Bunnies, I reckon.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Its all good and well that you nominate Synn but is he even here any more I hardly see him around. I miss him too like I miss so many other coaches.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Its all good and well that you nominate Synn but is he even here any more I hardly see him around. I miss him too like I miss so many other coaches.

SPIRO

albinv

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

13 Days mate...

*shudder*

Probably needs to be Fun with Goats, yep. As the cult may represent memories of a maybe even greater team (maybe), but ultimately - ofc - cant catch up to their ancestors in reasonable time.

I expect Synn to return, otherwise the sky might as well fall on our heads.

So, lets not summon the devil (or should we actually? ; )....

But keeping the list large is the better option anyway i think, for said reasons. But i also like the idea newcomers can easily pick up a bit of fumbbl history by this - in an entertaining way when they glance at this list/ thread and click and surf around a bit.

In this context i think pythrr should be on the list to. Im not too sure about Lammers as i must admit i havent heard about them yet. But pythrr certainly is among the guys that keep things spinning on here and is a good coach/ sports allover - so he should be presented here i feel.

Id even say the coaches reputation should qualify just as much as having a famous and very successful team.

In any case - great idea!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The list in the opening post is just the current one. I included it to give an idea what teams have been on it so far and to show how badly it needs to be updated in some sort of way. Of course it's pointless to have teams on it that are retired, stuck in the Lrb4 or a transfer division (unless as a documentation of FUMBBL history of course).

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe split them into Famous and Historical teams? Putting retired/lrb4 ones into the latter..
Anyway the list page will need brief descriptions for all teams, to give newer coaches an idea of what those teams meant to the community (anyone loved as much as me the lists Painstate made about major winners!?!? Smile)
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... that seams to be a different project: A wiki page about the most successful and/or famous teams, including current and past teams. Would love it though!

Jump to: